Telltale's Game of Thrones Videogame

Yeah… I am kind of upset that Ethan dies (there is no way to save him trust me I tried everything) because, Rodrik would still be Lord when he came back as I believe he is the eldest child of Gregor the Good.

No once Ethan was named Lord, he is the real lord doesn’t matter his brother is elder. Similar cases had passed in medieval Spain, and normally the pissed returned old brother or end killed or provoking a civil war in this territory. His death is essential to make player, hate baddies, and increase drama and interest to further parts , and guys this is Game of thrones dynamic since the first pages of books and minutes in the series. What all of you expected unicorns and rainbows? If he could survive then he add tons of variations and conversations to the rest of the episodes. That means tons of hours of voice acting and animation that don’t add anything to the final product. I love his death protecting his sister and add the feeling my characters could die in any moment. But I am ruthless playing so maybe it is just me. I HATE SO MUCH THE STUPID CHILD BROTHER I HOPE HE DIE SOON. He is such a cheap add from telltale to try make me feel bad, keep trying Telltale he is just annoying like duck.

I don’t think Ryon is JUST as bad as Duck was (for anyone who doesn’t know, that’s a character from another Telltale game). He hasn’t gotten anyone killed because he was screwing around and trapped them under a lawn mower :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, all he’s done so far is be a normal little brother and then Ramsay kidnapped him, which he was going to do to Talia. There’s nothing he could have done! While I totally admire your ruthlessness when you play the game, part of the reason I play telltale games is because I want to get attached to their characters, and having someone who relies on you really highlights how significant your choices are. Otherwise the Whitehill ring kissing would have been a no-brainer, everyone would have told him to f off if there wasn’t the whole Ryon element, but making hard choices that impact other characters’ thoughts or feelings is telltale’s specialty :blush:

The child is annoying for me b.because is is too evident is placed in the game to “familiar drama” when I saw him in the forest I knew he would be used as it was. I am European hell, that type of kidnappers was so frequent in Spain between Arabs and catholic kingdoms that courts had teachers from the other culture. In fact, many our kings end be friends because of that. So kiss the ring has no sense for me. And mom first all surrender seconds later you have to be ruthless and kill all their babies … nosense

I knew a lot of game of thrones story events are based on real-life occurrences, we see the whole kidnapping/hostage situation with Theon Greyjoy and the Starks, but in the books/show we’re on the “kidnapper”'s side, so it was interesting to me to see it from the family’s perspective. Though you probably know more about european history than I do so you’ve probably heard those stories 100 times and were looking for some novelty, so I see where you’re coming from. I’m interested to see what kind of person Ryon becomes though. Will he bond with the Whitehills like Theon did with the Starks? And OH MY GOD THE MOM SCENE!!! Her going from begging you to kiss his ring to begging you to slaughter Whitehill babies in their cribs in 2 scenes was ridiculous. Seemed way out of character, the mom always was strong, but never ridiculously irrational. And as a mother, you think she’d have a little sympathy for innocent babies! I’m afraid she’s going to do something stupid soon and get someone killed

I love the game of thrones universe, but I hate the way they had to add shoehorned “good” people. I am studying a story mayor right now and I studied laws before. There wasn’t a stark stupid family anywhere in history, also noble families didn’t love their sons as we saw today, they were in most of chases tools, kiss the ring in a Medieval setting means becoming someone vassal, recognize his superiority over you and normally the right to oblige you to pay tribute and follow tintowar. So has no sense the mother point of view. I certainly love the chance to get rid half of the family. Mother to monastery or thing equivalent. Like jailed her in a tower. Crying baby let him rotten in Whitehills. Singing gal married to a minor Bolton clan. I love Mira even she is a little stupid and too innocent but still she could learn even have a good marriage and let a doom house as Forrester rotten.
Anyway, I still loving game is interesting, even knowing they would appeal goodie masses that want ponies and rainbows, when that desire is totally away the setting. I just want ally with the Lannisters but I bet I would end with Starks wish it or not. And when Starks enters into the game I probably stop playing it. I hate them! So hypocritical scum.
And any of you think the dirty boy who serves Mira be or a spy or some thug that would try to abuse her. I am ultra polite with him, but of course I would betray and kill at the first opportunity I have, a poor boy could be bought to testify against us. And of course I kept the dagger. Why there is no case in Medieval times, but when a noble contract a spy to kill another noble or someone who insulted his honor give the assassin the dagger to commit the murder. That dagger is key to know who sent Damien.

That is such a good point about the dagger!! I kind of wish I had kept it now!! I threw it away because they don’t have fingerprints or any CSI stuff in Westeros so that was the only thing linking me to the crime, I didn’t want to keep it in my room :stuck_out_tongue: The coal boy is definitely a spy for someone, possibly Littlefinger? I used to think it was Varys but then I remembered this line in the book saying that Varys cut off the tongues of all of his “little birds.” I also think he knew about the plot to assassinate Mira, why else would he have been lurking about in the garden late at night? When I asked him about it he didn’t give me a good excuse. I think he waited till Mira was being attacked to step in in order to have her be indebted to him.

1 Like

No idea who is the little finger, as I only read the first book and never watched the tv show. But certainly the guy is a spy exactly as in my opinion the other handmaiden is a spy probably from the queen. It’s no way the future queen is not controlled by Lanisters, she was the first to enter in the Queen stuff Alone. She obtained queen wine … to try befriend you telling a supposedly secret try to obtain you make her to be closer to her target. Celsei or Tyrion could promise a false title to her or a promising wedding. But the boy he knows even fishier he knows how hide the body… yeah, very convenient. And about dagger is a dangerous hint so maybe you are safer that way. I prefer to take the risk of having it.

You guys should stop trying to make connections between Medieval Europe and Game of Thrones. Two completely different universes.

Coal boy is definitely a spy of Varys. He is called ‘little bird’ in the game files.

Made the same choices as alliebee. The refusing to bending the knee and kiss ring I thought he wouldn’t even let Ryon come to funeral anyway also didn’t want to look weak after just having Elaena barely accepting marriage proposal with much reluctance.

They arent completely different universes the author has said in interviews he based his universe in old Europe. From the medicine to food and weapons all is similar to medieval europe. It is not same of course, but after read the first book i could say it is more similar than many Hollywood films that portray that historical period.

Thank you for clarifying that, I’m not well read on the Game of Thrones feudal system or the one they base it off of.

By the way, does any one own tales from the borderlands episode 2? It was supposed to come out in January but it has not shown up for me.

@Coold00d12 Unfortunately it’s not out yet, possibly won’t be for a bit longer :frowning: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/86930/episode-2-release-date-discussion-new-tweet-closer-to-2-hrs-long-nearly-ready-stay-tuned

@poison_mara You should consider reading the rest of the books or watching the tv show! It gets pretty dark, and it shows the real consequences to trying to be noble or brave or following your heart, and that in real situations, the “good guys” don’t survive, there are way more shockingly horrifying events than just the end of book/season 1.

Right? I didn’t want him to get embarrassed in front of his new fiance, who was on the fence as it is. Also because he was so weakened by his wounds I wanted to show everyone he was still strong. It was gratifying to have Elaena compliment him for refusing to bend the knee :slight_smile:

I just couldn’t bring myself to read more about that stupid Starks, they are so boring and lame and they are everywhere in the first book, they believe themselves so brave and perfect and honorable house! But for the game I suppose they were destroyed so I am happy with that.

In the books they are utterly destroyed too. The rest of the books are pretty light on Starks, and since you really don’t like them, you’ll probably really enjoy the books, particularly the Red Wedding (though I sobbed when I got to that part and was curled in fetal position for the next 24 hours). It also does point out the huge hypocrisies of the Stark family. The only Starks left really are *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT Catelyn Stark who was killed and has since been raised from the dead and is going around killing anyone who had hurt her family, Sansa who’s taken on a new name and is pretending to be Petyr’s daughter, Arya (one of my favorites) who has become a 10 year old assassin and is super badass, and Jon Snow, who, when we last saw him, was getting stabbed to death by the men of the night’s watch.

Oh, well so the Starks are an assassin’s women house now… how deep they had fallen from they supposedly greatness :smiling_imp: Maybe I take a look to the other books then.

Actually Bran and Rickon are still alive too, so there are quite a few Starks left, they just don’t have much in the way of direct political power anymore.

I like the Lannisters and House Bolton better anyway.

Reads Maras comment on the Starks and then the Lannisters

Mara…I am disappointed in you.

I don’t know you very well End so I can’t say much besides my statement that involves the following houses, Bolton,Lannisters, Bridge Guys house.

F*** them.