Telltale Games shut down--and was just bought and "revived"?

I’ll reopen this in a couple of hours. Take the time to calm down and reflect on what is appropriate and on-topic.

Piggy = Telltale Games

2 Likes

I been reading a couple articles and videos about the whole tell tale shut down most of them talking about how trash they treated there employees so I’m not that sad that there shutting down since it seem most companies like ubisoft,
Dice, twitch ,and ect are actively taking all those who were fired.

We live in the weirdest fucking timeline.

“Yo what games you making”
Bioware: an shitty new mmo!
Bethesda: an possibly shitty MMO of a beloved franchise
“Ok Ubisoft we know a shitty MMO right?”
Ubisoft: An assassin’s Creed game with choosing your gender, choose your dialogue options, and optional romantic interests of both sexes for either gendered character.

And Ubisoft is helping Telltale employees.

17 Likes

Gotta pour one out for The Wolf Amoung Us 2 :sob:

11 Likes

I swear to god if there is a kickstarter for it, I’ll throw money at it for sure.

And although TWAU was my favorite game from them, I can only imagine the frustration and sadness for TWD fans who just got their last installment started. They won’t even get to finish the last game in that series.

6 Likes

And those who got the season pass (like me) won’t even get a partial refund… :sob:

I’m so sorry that happened.

Those stupid, inept managers! It makes me irritated with how long they’ve run the company into the ground. And then they hired people a week before doing this! Like wtf?!

5 Likes

It was literally my favorite game company… Ok ok silver lining. If they don’t finish The Final Season they can’t kill off Clementine’s new girlfriend!

1 Like

Shit. I wanted Batman. I wanted the walking dead. I wanted borderlands. I wanted the wolf among us. I wanted guardians of the galaxy. What do I get? Their fucking company shutting down.

2 Likes

Lady Arkham and Vigilante Joker were the best. I want Lady Arkham to make it into comics

3 Likes

Well, that’s roughly £20 down the drain :confused:. Was gift card money but yeah.

1 Like

Fucking vigilante joker :pensive:
I will miss you.

mqdefault
maxresdefault_783
tumblr_p6yn2kWIQE1we4lqwo1_500

And neither will we…

6 Likes

As a tremendous BioWare fanboy, I have to say this is unfair.

Not because this game they are working on will be great. I have my doubts. Because that isn’t BioWare. It’s just EA Division #128. BioWare, Squaresoft, these were tremendous studios. But they have to be referred to in past tense because they got absorbed into a larger corporate hive mind that eventually leeched away a lot of what made them special in the first place. The first Mass Effect started by throwing some Husks at you. Now BioWare is one.

12 Likes

Also acting like the choice of gender, dialogue, and romantic options means your game will be good, or that 76 will be bad simply because it’s a spin-off with multiplayer. Anthem probably will be bad tho. Dear lord I hope it flops so EA will stop hauling around the corpse of bioware

2 Likes

You guarantee me with the powers of a reality warper that every single person playing fallout 76 will be role-playing I’ll pre-order it right now. But that aint going to happen and i play games to role play another life

2 Likes

I think those Elite developers from the Holy Trinity ( Interplay, Bioware and Black Isle ) are now gathering themselves to make independent games via kickstarters , games such as wastelands 1 & 2, pillar of eternity and Torment tide of numenerra were from them if i am not mistaken

It’s a spin-off, not a sequel. I don’t know why people are mad about a company deciding to innovate with their IP, deciding to take risks with their multi-million dollar property

But we’re getting off topic