Tell me your top 5 favorite COG characters

Here they are, though not necessarily in any particular order.

1. Caraway (Tin Star) To the point that I have a very hard time picking anyone else to romance.
  2. All four ladies from The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One WIP. They’re all so well written, dang. (Special mention to Ava and Nat, though.)
  3. Junko from Samurai of Hyuga…I don’t know. Usually they’d be the type of character I’d avoid like the plague. But it’s written so well that just…I can see why my character is obsessed…sorry, samurai.
  4. Rory from Tally Ho. S**t’s just super cute, dude.
  5. Morgana from the Guenevere WIP. The chemistry is real.
4 Likes

I really had to think hard for this:

Black Magic - Heroes Rise
Camille - Mecha Ace
Scarlet - Unnatural
Rosslyn - A Drop of Night
Artemis - Monsters of New Haven High

Picking top 5 out of SO many games is quite a difficult feat, so in no particular order:

1. Garrett Finch from Choice by Gaslight. Wonderful character, beautiful chemistry with the MC.

2. Dev from Heart of the House. Fluffy. Amazing. Romantic.

3. Rory from Tally Ho. He and MC makes the most entertaining duo. Love their banter.

4. Semryu from Way Walkers. For a young romance it is quite nice.

5. Jun/ko. Very intriguing character. Looking forward to future developments.

Honorable mentions for games still in WIP, Can’t wait till the games come out :slight_smile:

Adam/Ava from the Wayhaven Chronicles.
Nate/Nat from the Wayhaven Chronicles.
Michael from SoS: The Mortal Coil.
Aeson from Children of the Gods.

8 Likes

I love the “am supposed to hate you but I love you trope”. Villains turn to lovers. So of course I love Bloodmist and Orianna! Wish I could have ended up with Orianna

3 Likes
  • Breden from Choice of Rebels - they died on my first playthrough, and I lost all motivation to continue. There’s so much depth and so much potential…
  • Jenny Yu from Heroes Rise - again, I really regret letting her die.
  • Prodigal from Heroes Rise - imo, the most interesting antagonist in CoG.
  • your robot from Choice of Robots - just for the sheer range of possibilities.
  • Watanabe from Mecha Ace - I guess I have a thing for “normal” characters in speculative settings. Also had some really good relationship scenes. Unfortunately when they died the protagonist basically had no reaction…

(seems that I like characters who often end up deceased…)

Others:

• Clotho, Silas, basically anyone from Choice of Vampire. That series has some really good characterization.
  • Black Magic from Heroes Rise - I like their internal conflict and backstory.
  • Orson Welles and Greta Garbo in Hollywood Visionary
  • Horion from Choice of Rebels - the only good aristocrat.
4 Likes

I’m going to say Arthur from Guinevere. You can be so mean to him, yet he takes it like a sad champ. It makes me want to hug him.

3 Likes

I love the blood sucking scene with Elizabeth,maybe my favorite romance scene in COG games?

1 Like

Yeah,no good ending with Orianna is my biggest,maybe only problem with this game

@wolfmarelalala
I got the best ending possible with Oriana, i purposely made her stay in our world, then i Free her from her Oath of service, she chose to stay in the house and help the village by her own will… and in the end Sophia said she forgive Oriana (especially after she found her mother) and was requesting Oriana to stay with them forever… however it was regrettable that there was no follow up with the Romance story line with Oriana, that’s why i am hoping for a sequel…Lol

I don’t think Oriana is the villain in Heart of The House, in fact her actions were more honourable than Sophia, Sophia basically refused to bear responsible on everything, she want to become the “good person” by diverting all blames to Oriana, numerous times Oriana requested Sophia to free her from the bond and allow her to return to her world if she doesn’t want to be Master of the House, but Sophia clearly stated that she “doesn’t want to bear responsible of the destruction of the world”… Sophia clearly knows that without Oriana, the world is long gone already, and during the first night of trouble, Sophia simply left to her comfort zone without even bother whether Oriana can shield them from harm or not, Oriana’s reaction to the protagonist by saying it is up to me whether i want to help her or not…and if i chose to disregard her, i can only pray that she can succeed everything by her own…this line totally melted me, it made her like a badass heroine who was willing to save everyone by herself even though she perfectly knows no one would appreciate what she did… well, not to mention Oriana already save my character numerous time, started by saving me from drowning in the bath tube and guide me back to my room after i getting lost in the House… As fierce as she may be , but Oriana also spare the life of sophia’s mother on numerous occasion(we know these from memory of the house when we were dreaming), Oriana seems to me much like Carrie Caraway of the Tin Star

and yes, the blood sucking scene of my main character with Elizabeth in “Vampire House” is an absolute classic , the author boldly redefine the blood sucking purpose of a Vampire, in the scene, it was explain that the purpose of Blood Sucking is for the Vampire to gain their super power strength and regeneration, with the blood sucking event…it appears that the Vampire will also suffer some sort of side effects, hence the reason Vampires in Vampire House are reluctant to drink human blood if possible… this made the Vampires there less villainous as compare to common folklore … and of course the romance with Elizabeth also carry certain degree of hate-to-love, but in this case, the protagonist seems to be the villain because the protagonist was sort of prejudice and “racist” towards super natural beings from the start, Elizabeth hated the protagonist from the beginning and was initially aim to take revenge on the main character by black mailing the main character to serve her by carrying books , working in her house and opening door for her…but she didn’t know that these had made the protagonist looks more like her lover, smart and heart warming writing about interaction scene … and of course i play towards the path of redemption which made my character fall in love with Elizabeth , thus making the whole saga as a forgive-and-love sequence

If there were no limit I would probably have at least the first 7 be Tin Star characters so I’ll just go with the top 3 from that game so that I have some variety on my list.

1 Miss Caraway
2 Dan Schmidt
3 Ben Carson
4 Heather from Zombie Exodus
5 Origami from Community College Hero

And a few from WIPs
1 Franz from United we Stand
2 Morgana from Guinevere
3 Thalia From Keeper of the Sun and Moon

4 Likes

How did you manage to get Orianna to stay?In my play through I freed her,then she said she wanted to leave.Later Sophia told me she was trying to persuade Orianna to stay,and the story ended there

1 Like

My apology for late reply…
I think i get the same ending as yours, what i meant was…since the portal to her home-world was closed, she had to stay back in our world, and after I Free her…Oriana did say she want to leave but she will remain for a while to help out Sophia and the villages … and i also received Sophia’s letter about persuading Oriana to stay, hence i assume that Oriana will stay since she really don’t have any where else to go and she doesn’t know anyone else…
But i am hoping Oriana will come to find us should there is a sequel :wink:

Sorry I’ve been on a business trip for the last few days
Yeah,when she told my mc she wanted to leave I was like where the hell can you even go?
Surely I would be very happy if there should be a sequel. It’s my favorite cog games of this year besides the unsatisfying ending with Orianna

2 Likes