Tell me your best moment in COG/Hosted games

Hi there… :slight_smile:
What is/are your best Goosebumpic moment while reading stories in COG/hosted games? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine is,in Highlands,Deepwaters,when Mc said to that cop Douglas,"Bonjour Motherfucker!!" :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is actually a game that’s not finished yet, but the demo was really fantasic.
Mine is when the MC says: ‘‘I’m both impressed and turned on’’ to princess Adelaide when she kills a giant spider.
Fox of sunholt is such a great story with a lot of potential.

3 Likes

A few moments:

From Sabers of Infinity, the aftermath of the fort defense at Blogia. The utter destitution of the fort, the death surrounding you, and the realization of two things: the enemy isn’t done yet, and Cazarosta is completely mad.

From Mecha Ace, dueling with Hawkins over a system that you’ve set on fire. Just two mad dogs, lashing out and drawing blood in a conflict that has long since lost all meaning.

From Tin Star, being struck by lightning on the hilltop. The event itself and the supernatural repercussions of it echo throughout the game.

2 Likes

Slammed is the only game so far that has had me audibly shout at my screen. I was younger when I read it and it was one of my very first games, and maybe that has to do with how utterly invested I was, but the first time I got to the part where you get to take your mask off in front of JJ, after having been betrayed and fighting your way back to the top in disguise, had me snickering to myself like a fool. Fond memories. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

My best scared moment in a CofG game? Has to be the first time I fought the Red X enemy in Lost Heir 2.

[details=spoilers]Jess was my friend- not the best of my friends, but still a friend, or so I thought. Then I let her get captured by our enemy Selina, who poisoned her and turned her into the Evil Red Wizard. I was forced to fight her and she knocked me unconscious when I lacked the Skill to overcome her. I was overjoyed when this ended up with Jess back at my side, helping me kill Selina later. :smiley:

In another Lost Heir playthru I watched my friend Peter suffer a similar fate and become the Red Priest. We had high Relationship and thus I was able to successfully challenge him with words. I was still horrified when I watched him kill Selina, then himself, as a result of this. I won the battle against them, but I lost my friend. :cry:

In a third later playthru, I was an Evil Necromancer. I shamelessly executed my turncoat friend- Karl the Red Archer- and later raised them as my undead servant to spew destructive arrows at my enemies. I also killed myself, then rose from the dead as a Vampire Lord, turned all my friends into Vampires, and conquered Daria with an Army of Demons.[/details]

Don’t know why the Spoiler tags I’m trying to insert aren’t working. Ah well, the games are popular. Maybe people already know about all this.

You can decide which of these experiences was the most fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hero Unmasked:

When you manage to escape Firebrand’s deathtrap with time to spare and you’re basically all ‘good luck next time, hotspot. toodles’ towards his camera before you sashay away.
Also
When you later on get him to help you with a scouting mission and the MC gets so wonderfully flustered when FB insists that it’s a date. IT’S NOT A DATE (totally is a date)

Mine is from divided we fall, hid it in spoiler tags as it’s a mega spoiler, if you click on it don’t say you weren’t warned.

The final battle where you play as the general or what not and are retreating and have to sacrifice someone. The whole story was so well written, is so under rated including this moment. It got me emotional and I suffer from emotional detachment, it was that good.

(let me know if that spoiler tag didn’t work, as I’m visually impared so I can’t fully tell if they’ve worked or not)

1 Like

[quote=“achtungnight, post:5, topic:33481”]

In a third later playthru, I was an Evil Necromancer. I shamelessly executed my turncoat friend- Karl the Red Archer- and later raised them as my undead servant to spew destructive arrows at my enemies. I also killed myself, then rose from the dead as a Vampire Lord, turned all my friends into Vampires, and conquered Daria with an Army of Demons.[/details]
[/quote]

wow… That was cool… :heart_eyes: didn’t know about this… always play as good… now I’ve to play again :stuck_out_tongue: thanks :smiley:

1 Like

That’s not the full thing, when you have an army of demons you can shape shift and reform your body at will, complete immortality

1 Like

full of mystries!! :yum:

I’m not sure the complete immortality bit is correct… there’s always a pesky Hero who can overcome that somehow, isn’t there? But I’m glad I helped at least one player of Lost Heir here find something in the game they didn’t know about. I’m currently writing a Let’s Play of the games that will show off a bit more. Check my thread “Need Help Casting Jess” for a link if you’re interested.

Another Honorable Mention for a good scary moment in a CoG game. Standing on the Don’s yacht in Life of a Mobster for the first time. Suddenly everyone draws their guns and the Don asks “So when did you flip?” You know you didn’t, but you are scared they are mistaken. Dun dun dun…

1 Like

Dealing with the abusive neighbor in Choice of the Cat. Of all the things I expected to do playing as a cat, taking a human life was not one of them. Surprising, funny and a fitting end to a major plot thread.

1 Like

I don’t even like Eagle’s Heir,but I love these moments

1 Like

I think one of the cooler moments for me was in Hero of Kendrickstone.

Dueling Milius Black-clad alone, after having failed to retrieve the magical sword was one of the most tense battles I’ve ever been in in a CoG or HG, especially knowing that if I failed, not only would I die, but the entire city would be doomed to starvation or bandits ransacking and killing innocents.

Of course, I could name more, but this was the first one that came to mind. Maybe because I spent all day reading Cryptkeepers… Oh well…

1 Like

The climax of Choice of the Deathless when everything comes together and starts making sense and all of your past decisions come back to haunt you or save you.

And the final affirmation that you’ve been here all along though it’s not exactly hiding this.

1 Like