Tell Me If There's A Way Home (WIP: UPDATE 1.22.22)

Congrats on the move! Also, it’s great that you’re better now!

1 Like

Howdy there!!!

sooooo… it’s been w a y longer than i thought it would be for an update. i’m so sorry about that!! life happened and school started and yada yada yada.

anyway, some really amazing things have happened since then!! this blog is now at 500+ followers which… takes my breath away. i cannot believe there are that many of y’all that are with me on this journey. thank you, from the bottom of my heart thank you <3 you all have been so wonderful, kind, patient, and encouraging. if i think about it too hard i may cry LMAOO.
okay now that housekeeping is out of the way, here’s the info on the new update:

7,205 → 12,107 (+4,902) words

So this is significantly shorter than what I had written previously, I had to move around a scene that wasn’t working for this part, so I need to rework it to fit into this chapter. Also, this update IS on the short side of short… but that’s how the majority of these updates are going to be, I find that it’s easier for me to manage with coding and breaking the story into chewable beats. This way, I hope to be able to continuously put out content, I’m hoping for twice a month.

for the meat and bones of this story, i added a save plug-in which hopefully will be a lot more helpful to y’all instead of having to restart the story each time. i added a Truth inventory system so the player can keep track of what they’ve chosen (which will come into play later) and I’ve also made the stats screen a little more palatable.

i think that’s about it!! here’s the link again for those who need it!

thank y’all so so much. i love and adore you all!!

26 Likes

Having to tap next too many times always breaks immersion for me. A lot of times things could have been on one page instead of three or five.

2 Likes

As unsettled and intrigued as ever and I love it! :kiss: :black_heart:

1 Like

So mysterious and intriguing! I’m so lost (but in a good way) and I just want to find out what’s going on. I couldn’t stand not knowing what was going on as a child, so I used to read the last page of a book. Luckily, I have matured and appreciate the burn of being kept in the dark.

2 Likes

I admire your writing so much! I’ve always had a love for mysterious and consuming urges of ‘hunger’ in characters, and seeing it in this story really excites me! It certainly does feel like reading a dream with its vague sense of familiarity and “repetition” that is simultaneously not quite a true repetition. I am also already in love with the character of The Reverie (if I am correct in assuming that is who they are) and cannot wait to see how the narrative develops the dynamic between them and the MC. Amazing work!

A (Maybe) Critique?

The style of vagueness and cyclical events did carry a sense of exhaustion for me - and let me clarify that I do not mean boredom when I say this! The lack of choices in guiding the narrative, however, make them seem a little weightless for me as a reader. I may be alone in this experience though so please take this comment with a grain of salt. But I still want to emphasize that your story so far is incredibly intriguing and I am anticipating the introduction and development of your characters as it progresses!!

4 Likes

hey there!

i totally appreciate this critique, but i have to say that there was a reason that i made it that way… sorry if it’s completely thrown you off of the story though!

thank you so much <3 i hope you’re having a great day!

1 Like

i was the s a m e way as a child actually so i completely understand how you’re feeling. i hope things start to become clearer in this next update for you <3 I for sure don’t intend to keep y’all in the dark for much longer

I hope you’re having a wonderful day <3

1 Like

hey!! thank you so much for this comment, it’s sweeter and more considerate than i deserve, so thank you <3

i actually did receive this critique from another person, so i will try and work hard to remedy that in the next update! i struggle with “too much” and “not enough” with great frequency. if you’d like to see something fixed specifically let me know ! <3

2 Likes

:grinning: i like the before after thing in prologue :+1:

2 Likes

hey there!! thank you so much for reading and commenting and i’m glad you liked that - I hope it sets the tone for the rest of the game!
<3

1 Like

howdy, everyone!!

oh my gosh, i feel like i haven’t been on this forum in forever and i am so so sorry for that!! this update is serving as more of a life update to explain my absence more than anything else haha

so i finished my finals for the semester… and then i learned that im moving (again!) but this time completely out of state, like to whole different school so i’ve been dealing with that and it has just been absolutely insanely busy right now in my life. i’m super excited about this though because this school’s pre-med track is said to be amazing and i’m really lucky to be a part of that <3

ahhhh anyway!!! this means that the update will be coming in later than expected, i’m not sure what the new timeline is going to look like but i promise to keep you all closely updated <3 lots of behind the scenes stuff to come your way soon <33 i am disappointed in myself because i genuinely was hoping to surprise everyone with a Christmas day update… but everything has kind of taken me by surprise.

Sneak Peek

14 Likes

This reminds me quite a bit of purgatory. No beginning no end. Very well written and I can honestly say this is the most confused I’ve ever been over a wip and it’s wonderful. I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I hope you have an easy move and stay healthy.

2 Likes

howdy there everyone!

i hope this new year has been treating you well <3

just popping in here to say that Tell Me If There’s A Way Home has officially been completely ported over to Twine.

There are various reasons as to why I’ve made this transition, but one of the reasons being that I wanted more customization with this game.

you can now find TMITAWH here

thank you all for continuing this journey with me! hopefully I’ll see you over in twine and on the dev blog

much love <33,

Morgan

27 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.