Team Zero (WIP)

@squarelyblue I feel like I should finish this game before I even think about sequels :slight_smile: My initial thought was a standalone game, and the game will definitely be self-contained, so no worries about cliffhanger endings. I’ve kicked around some ideas for a prequel or midquel anthology game, but it’s really not something I’m thinking about at this point.

@Jesse Thanks! And progress is coming, slowly, but surely.

14 Likes

Just the cliffhanger beginning. Still sad that the RO I am most interested is dead to begin with; sure there is the Thomas Covenant type of relationship available and the Marilyn Monroe Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend flirtation but the All-American husband your mom would be happy with is gone, log-gone.

:dolphin:

@Zolataya Yeah, I guess cliffhanger beginnings are as bad as cliff hanger endings until the whole game is done now that I think about it. And even if you don’t necessarily get a happily ever after with Alex, I promise I’m putting in enough fun stuff to still make romancing him worthwhile :grin:

8 Likes

@Dolphinzgirl first of all congratulations are in order :relieved: this is a game that captures you from the begining. I like all the characters and some of the MC’s answers are really funny. Though i have a question if you were to romance Alex in the past and you try to pursue another person in the present wouldn’t said person be suspicious or maybe upset and think they’re the second option on your list?

I hope you understand me, cause my english still need some work. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

So is there a possibility of having a happily ever after with him O:

2 Likes

Yes, you use the infinity gauntlet to bring him back to life! No, wait, he runs faster than time-space continuum and beats death! Or he was just trapped in the speed force all along, whichever works for you.

Doomed romance is always a fun trope. Nothing as touching as a sweet romance filled with tragic moments about planning for future happiness. I fully expect Alex to tell the MC how much he wants to retire and raise a big family before kicking the bucket.

6 Likes

You can’t ask that! That would be a huge spoiler!

It is the answer that potentially would be a spoiler. :wink:

1 Like

I can ask. The author can choose not to answer :stuck_out_tongue: //keeps looking for loopholes

1 Like

@Red Aww, thanks! If you completed/locked-in Alex’s romance in the past, you can’t romance anyone new in the present. Even the least ethical members of the team are still going to draw a line at romancing the bereaved at the guy’s funeral. I mean, that’s just tacky.

@squarelyblue Depends on how you define happily ever after :smile: Ambiguity powers, activate!

@Jackrabbit Oh, definitely. My inner dark side really loves all that delicious dramatic irony.

11 Likes

I’m new here, but I can firmly say that your “team zero” is one of the most interesting wip!) At least for me😊
The characters are awesome! I can’t even choose who I like more!)
Also, i really liked the scene with a nightmare - kind of reminds me “dragon age”) it actually almost made me cry when Mc understands that her commander actually dead…
And also! how do you come up with the name of the Russian mafia?)

2 Likes

@Anny_Cat Aww, thanks! Not being able to choose a favorite character is the best sort of problem to have :smile: I came up with the name for the Russian mafia using the power of the almighty Google. I try to put actual research into the stuff in the game when I can :grin:

8 Likes

“Can I use the grenade launcher again? That was a fucking awesome moment. Reminds me of what Daryl did to that false Negan pussy who-”

This is not TWD! NO!

Speaking of which, zombies COULD be a nice addition to the game. Like an ISIS leader who has the power of Necromancy.

“No. Please. No”

Yes.

I’m loving this game!!! Just two things I noticed:
even if you didn’t ask about where everyone else was on the team, you just went directly to them, so I’m wondering if there should be an ‘explore’ option.

Also,
I forgot where this was but

All work and no play make (MC name) a dull girl

make should be makes

Please do not bump old WIPs. @Dolphinzgirl if you would like this reopened, PM one of the moderators.

Is this back??? Really???

2 Likes

Yes!
It’s back

2 Likes

Hey the game’s not loading for me anyone else getting this?

By the Gods, is this real? The legendary @Dolphinzgirl, Mistress of Awesomeness, are you there? Please tell me this wasn’t an accident…has my favorite WiP been resurrected?

1 Like