Team Zero (WIP)

There is a long held belief in American society that social welfare issues should be the responsibility of the religious and charitable organizations and that the state welfare “safety net” should not exist. In the FDR era, this was challenged and changed by the Democrats in power. The right has been arguing a return to prior values ever since - Reagan being the most successful at changing some things back.

Some of the discussion is starting to get a bit off topic, so if it could be moved to PM or a separate thread, that would probably be best.

@avidreader That’s the plan. Magic and aliens (as awesome as they are) are outside the scope of what I want to do. It’s hard enough keeping one set of lore straight :slight_smile:

@Jackrabbit Damon is definitely smart on a superhuman level. And if he did go villain he would totally do a Hannibal Lecture-esque monologue before revealing that he set his evil plan into motion twenty minutes ago and there’s nothing you can do about it. Although, now that I think about it, he’s prone to doing that even when he’s not being a villain.

@idonotlikeusernames That is an excellent summary of why I really shouldn’t be surprised that Damon is as popular as he is.

@squarelyblue Wait and see. And it’ll be a little while before you meet your nemesis in person, but you’re going to be very familiar with his handiwork by then.

14 Likes

/groans loudly/ I forgot how much I love Owen. :kissing_closed_eyes: You don’t understand the things I feel for this gun-for-hire. It really doesn’t help that I kinda see him like Rob Kazinsky in my head. I don’t think these nightmare sequences were in yet when I last played, but I gotta say I’m excited to see what Owen’s dream might be like! Let me hold the big lug close.

On a side note, I completely handled Damon’s dream wrong. Got to watch the respect bar drop a good 30% or something like that. :smile_cat:

On another side note, I think my favorite nickname from Owen so far is “Dimples”.

3 Likes

Only twenty minutes? Not thirty-five?

“Okay, enough with the political bullshit. We don’t want to offend any of the softies on here. Don’t be like Donald Dump. Instead, let’s talk about how badly I’m going to beat Mr. Congressman to death.”

Wow. You must have not a stick, but a fucking pike shoved up your ass to say that.

“Wait, what the hell? Didn’t I freeze you?” Pulls out weapon again. I summon a fireball into my right hand, and launch it into his groin.

Forgot to mention. I studied Pyromancy at Harvard since I was five. Take that, you asshat. And apply some Sanders to that Bern.

No, I’m not a Democrat.

Huhu. I’m just horribly excited and wanting to play the update //waits patiently

But this: [quote=“Dolphinzgirl, post:1412, topic:1795”]
but you’re going to be very familiar with his handiwork by then.
[/quote]

DUNDUNDUN

I can feel the drama mounting.

Quick question (not sure if anyone’s asked this yet): so if you romance a person in the past, and romance someone new in the present, does MC’s ex react to the news?

5 Likes

Not if you romanced Alex. :stuck_out_tongue:

-is shot-

17 Likes

:red_circle: :droplet: :smoking: :gun: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Still holding out he’s alive.

BUT HOW COULD YOU

4 Likes

Because I’m an evil bastard. :grin:

Besides, I said earlier that the whole funeral is just a practical joke Alex is playing on everyone. He’s still alive, but he can’t react to you flirting with someone else because it would blow his cover. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

That would be funny though. I mean if he still has feelings for you, and he’s barely holding it after overhearing you flirt with someone :))

9 Likes

Well-written plot, engaging characters, a lot of interesting choices.

One of the best WIP I have ever read.

I can’t wait to see more of it.

1 Like

@Lithophene Owen is all kinds of delightful, and I find making up all those nicknames super fun. Also, much approval for Rob Kazinsky.

@Sammysan Damon’s a busy guy. He has to fit all that evil gloating in between power lunches and even more evil gloating.

@squarelyblue My inclination is probably not or at least not much because with the way the present day timeline works out, they won’t have much of a chance, but it all really depends on how dramaful I’m feeling when I start writing that part.

@OtherGrimm I don’t think Alex is mean enough to pull a Tom Sawyer on everybody. Or is he? Dun dun dun. :scream:

@Knightstrike Aww, thanks! You’re making me feel all warm and fuzzy and motivated to write. Now if I could only figure out some way to type on a laptop while running on a treadmill I would be so much more productive :grin:

10 Likes

Oh mannnn. Still super excited for when that part comes around (haha)

I’ll just sit here and make all the conspiracy theories on Alex’s death in the mean time :))

Try a stationary bike instead. Hahahahah…

Stay inspired!

@squarelyblue Get Schrodinger’s popcorn ready :grin:

@Knightstrike Hmm, or maybe I should start swimming now that the weather’s getting nicer. I could my laptop on a little floatie :yum:

3 Likes

Yeah, might get the creative writing flowing, just make sure not to get in over your head (or keyboard). :wink:

I see what you did there :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Dolphinzgirl, not sure if this was asked before but might as well. Will this be a standalone game or will sequels be involved?

This one got me badly hooked. I will be waiting for more of it :slight_smile:

1 Like