Team Zero (WIP)

Damn. As soon as I leave for a but, you guys continue the party.

Honestly, when that one guy was being a dick to Sarah, I felt like we should “Get the option to kill him.” Wait, what? No. I felt like we should have the option to “Knock his fucking teeth out.”

OK, stop! Jeez. “Pssshhh. Whatever, asshole.” Puts on shades and walks away. You’re the-! Never mind…

WE SHOULD GET THE OPTION TO TELL HIM TO LIGHTEN UP A LITTLE. “We- oh, goddammit!” Pulls out gun. Aims it at me.

No. Don’t. “Oh, I was just playing, man. Chill, chill.” Pulls out experimental military freeze weapon.

Oh, shi-!

1 Like

Yes. Succumb to the side of Cap :))

If inspiration wise this is like the Fade, safe to assume that the Uldred equivalent in game is actually a faction of bad guys that the guy who controls the nightmare (I actually forgot his name, I am sorry) is part of?

@Jerred_Manns I love it :slight_smile:

@squarelyblue I don’t know if I would say “faction,” but the man creating the nightmares is working for the primary villain.

6 Likes

The plot thickens O:

So does that mean we get an arch-nemesis

It’s going to be a congress person from Texas that will want to shut your government program down. Just saying.

3 Likes

Why do they always have to come from Texas, why not New York for a change?

Because Texas is seen as the land of stubborn, stupid hicks who hate everything that doesn’t fall in line with their viewpoints.

And while there are a few places in the state that are a bit more progressive, that does describe most of the area.

1 Like

Texas has a huge population and isn’t nearly as bad as the southeastern states. I think Mississippi is a good example of a place far worse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Generally though, aren’t those the red states (or does Texas really warrant that super special mention)? Personal feel is that it’s not as “threatening” sounding when you hear the arch-enemy is from Missouri or something like that

I really wonder though if that’s the reason why the trope exists :)))

Looking forward to the possibility of having a nemesis tbh. Especially if nemesis is responsible for Alex’s “death”

Yes but we’re part of a public-private cooperative boondoggle likely seen by members of Congress (and the public should it ever leak out) as being run by a very dubious businessman. So if we have someone in the government trying to make life difficult for us and shut the project down, why not a progressive Senator or Congressman for once.
It would also add another nice moral dilemma if we have sabotage this persons re-election as my mc is likely to agree with them more often than not, whereas with a fire-breathing, bible-thumping conservative “family man” with three divorces and at least two unacknowledged children running around my character would rather relish to opportunity to sabotage that person.

Because Senator Ted Cruise is from Texas; the instigator of government shutdowns in the modern, post 9/11 era. … and current Presidential candidate.

A progressive from New York or worse, California, wants to increase the government, not decrease it - if you want a person with New York values interfering, then you’d say a DA from New York or San Francisco wants to put you and your team in jail for corruption or fraud or worst crime of all, prostitution (as a john or as the other) so they can then run for Governor …

2 Likes

No worries about government interference. The team is highly classified at this point, so Joe Congressperson isn’t even going to know you exist.

As for the geographical origin of your nemesis, he’s actually from Kansas :grin:

And as for his role, the game is basically about the time when superpowered beings are just starting to emerge and the transition of the world from a more “real” one to a more comic book-esque one. And your nemesis is basically the first supervillain.

11 Likes

So you’re going to keep the heroes/villains meta humans no aliens or magic?

Will Joe Congressperson be romanceable??

So I gotta ask, is Damen smarts technically on superperson levels? Is a a Lex Luthor kinda smart? Because if this is his villain origin story I’d expect a proper monologue/motive rant from him, with lots of SAT words.

2 Likes

Well we’re not in Kansas anymore, or are we? :cold_sweat:

Doesn’t the US liberal/left support the legalisation of sexual services and increased legal protection and rights for sex workers, or is that a fringe libertarian position exclusively in the USA?

I’m guessing yes and yes.

If Damon is a villain then I guess I my mc doesn’t wanna be good as he really, really likes Damon.

Don’t worry Damon is practically characterised by his snarky sesquipedalian loquaciousness. :smiling_imp:
It’s a big part of what makes him so damned irresistible, along with the smarts and the looks and yes, the big ego.

1 Like

Am gonna call it. He “kills” Alex and then Bucky’d him

Politicians in both New York and California often use the District Attorney’s Office (main prosecutor) as a political springboard to higher office. Often, the way they prove to the populace they are ready for the next office is to prosecute other politicians or big-time business leaders. When they target politicians, they usually get them on prostitution charges or for deviance…

Both the right and left are working to improve “victims” of sex trafficking and prostitution but in their own specific ideological ways … the left looks to expand government involvement and the right looks to expand the role of states and religious organizations… and they end up doing nothing because they can’t compromise.

@Dolphinzgirl - that is good to know - just don’t make our nemesis a fundamentalist preacher … :smile_cat:

Also on the topic of the nemesis, when do we get to meet them? OR WERE THEY THERE ALL ALONG OOOO: (is it General Fields)

Shouldn’t (possibly) legalising and regulating the sex trade in the US be primarily a state issue, just like marihuana ?
Organised religion and their religious organisations should stay as far away from it as possible, separation of church and state and all that, imho.

‘Should’, yes, but history has proven that religious fanatics always feel that they have the right to force everyone else to do what they want. Including those in the government.

But, this is getting a bit off-topic… ^_^;