Team Zero (WIP)

I feel like John’s nightmare might have him reliving a specific incident that made him what he is. I feel like given the Batman parallels it might be either a “Death in the Family-esque” sort of tragedy or him reliving his origin story – mom and dad get killed in front of his eyes when he was 13 //banished forever

(kidding aside)

If Owen, my guess is that he might not be the mercenary we think he is(?) kinda like how Sarah’s fear is her shallowness and that she’ll be nothing more than another socialite. I think Owen might be afraid of himself and his glibness masks that.

6 Likes

I enjoyed BvS…

1 Like

@squarelyblue Being able to snark at love interests was pretty important to me. I hate it when you feel like you have to suck up to a character in order to romance them. Plus, belligerent sexual tension is super fun.

@pizzawarrior I’m glad you liked Alex’s mission! And cheerful is definitely not a word I’d use to describe John’s recruitment mission. I might go with “depressing.”

@RedRoses Happy to be part of the healing process :blush: As for helping John with his massive issues, that’s firmly spoiler territory, so I’ll just say the answer is “yes and no” and leave it at that :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Ahem. "There will be more fistfights, right? Right?"

As fun as it was, I expected a lot more from the v part of BvS, tbh. :yum: Not that anyone believed they’d already be at (serious) odds in the second movie of the lineup, as opposed to, say, Captain America: Civil War, which kicks off phase 3 of the MCU, and comes out after the universe and the conflicts within it are already well established in previous installments.

ANYWAY, I’m getting derailed here.

@Dolphinzgirl As advantageous as snarking is to the Damon’s Respect stat, I just can’t bring my MC to do it without feeling out of character (during normal playthroughs, that is). My primary MC doesn’t believe in “fight fire with fire,” and is pretty patient and tolerant to an extent. Besides, I’d rather tone down Damon’s snarky exterior than encourage it, so I could see the real him, y’know? :blush: Not that having snark battles with him isn’t fun, but it feels like he and my MC are skirting the subject (of how they feel about each other) that way, and as opposed to just coming clean about it (in due time), I don’t see that method as terribly effective should it be applied irl (not that it would).
Also, Damon giving the MC a genuine smile instead of his trademark snarky smirk is HEARTWARMING AND CUTE AF I WANNA GLOMP HIM OMG
I will never ever stop mentioning Paris to him.

The thing is, despite how snark battles would potentially increase Damon and Snarky MC’s fondness of each other, my own MC (or I, myself) would just be at a loss as to whether Damon had any real feelings for her or he just liked trading playful banter with her. Damon isn’t exactly the easiest person to read. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but I get the impression that he does that to almost everyone, no? My MC would be even more confused about how he really felt about her if the way he treated her wasn’t all that different from how he treated others.

That said, I’m sure you already have a plan in mind for snarky MCs who aim to sincerely romance Damon. Just don’t forget about straightforward MCs with the same goal, yeah? :wink:

Also, I’ve been wondering about this for a while (and by a while, I mean I’ve noticed it forever ago but only remembered to ask you about it now). Even if we choose to answer Lamar’s question about whether the MC’s still in the service with

“No, I’m leading a quiet civilian life.”

we can stil choose this option later on, reacting to Sarah referring to the MC as Commander,

“It’s actually Captain now,” you say as she leads you up the steps toward the front door.

Is that intentional? I usually go with this combo because it makes my MC feel like a badass, but it feels a little uncanny.

@CrayFoPottah What’s uncanny about the MC getting promoted and retiring afterwards? The funeral happens 10 years after the main story.

I’d thought of that. Admittedly, I’m not familiar with how the military works, so I didn’t know if getting promoted from lieutenant commander to captain in under ten years is plausible. Granted, the MC is far from ordinary, so I suppose that helps.

According to the Navy SEAL website the progression from Ensign to Captain typically takes about 20 years, and the MC is already a Lieutenant Commander at the time of the main events, which means s/he has already served for a while to earn this rank.

Considering the way things are at the beginning, I wonder if we’ll have the option to tell him (when the break up happens) something like “we’ll always have Paris” //still upset over this movie – unless he breaks up with you which is a different story all together

Though given how the story is framed, since you and Damon are basically reminiscing when you play that flashback, part of me wonders what the present is like? I mean, how you both opt to recall Paris together – (possibly) TENSION ROMANTIC TENSION

1 Like

The “real” him is probably still pretty snarky, I think.

Whereas I like it, I don’t think my mc and Damon will ever utter the L word out loud, at least not in reference to their relationship.
We’ll keep saying in public that we’re “assets” to each other and that we “work well together”, but never the L word.
Maybe the F word, in due time.

All by design dear, all by design. :sunglasses:

I think the devil is in the details, I think that Damon purposefully keeps the sign that he really likes, or even loves, someone to a deliberate minimum but if you really get to know him, a difficult feat in and of itself, you can probably tell.

In your case it probably meant the mc (just recently) quit at the rank of Captain. The MC can probably also (rage) quit while still a commander, presumably directly after what splits up the team, whereas to get the Captain the MC probably continued in the military for at least a couple more years after that.

@Dolphinzgirl If the MC romances a member of his/her team, will the MC and the RO have a chance to get back together in the end?

Well, it’s probably not possible with that one guy who passed away (unless he faked his death just so everyone can meet up again or something), but what about the rest of them?

@WulfyK In that case, I suppose it makes sense. Thanks! :blush:

@squarelyblue I don’t think I’ll ever be ready for present-day MC and their (past) love interest to address the state of their relationship… At the same time, though, I can hardly wait to get to that point. :laughing:

True. :joy: I just wanna see the boy be honest with himself once in a while.

It does come down to personal preferences, doesn’t it? Arguably, Damon is probably out of my MC’s league (her bluntness will probably bore him out of his skull), but I just like to entertain the thought that maybe he’d actually come to appreciate someone who’s the exact opposite of him when it comes to openness. Just maybe.
Not that my MC is all that blunt, but compared to the likes of Damon…

There’s certainly a cuteness to that. I’m just a sucker for displays of affection, rare as they are. :blush: It’s the rarity that makes it all the more special when someone does show it.

1 Like

Is anyone else looking forward to the possibility of whatever evil the team probably solved 10 years back…is back and linked with Alex’s “death” (holding out he’s still alive)

3 Likes

Gotta say though, it’s always the speedster that dies… isn’t it… :expressionless:

1 Like

SHHHHHHHH LET’S NOT TALK ABOUT THE FLASH (this still very much hurts me)

Still hoping that he’s alive. He has to be, omgggg. I’m willing to take a Bucky’d Alex over a dead one at this point

6 Likes

“Bucky’d Alex” :joy:
On a serious note though I’m #teamcap and yes, I also hope he’s alive

2 Likes

(yes, Teamcap, Teamcap is the best if only for Bucky and Falcon //prepares blankets and pillowforts for the trauma that is Civil War)

I’m willing to petition. “Please let Alex’s death be temporary because this is a sweet cinnamon roll who does not deserve death” //banished from the thread

Kidding aside, I really want to know what’s happening in the bigger picture. I feel like there’s definitely something that either the government/counter-government/generally evil and antagonistic force is up to. I mean, I’d be very suspicious if a meta-human just flat out died.

At the very least, whoever figure would know at least the team would be back together. Makes for easier picking?

2 Likes

Where do I si…

:astonished:

Kidding?! NoOOoOooOoOOooo! :sob:

:disappointed:

Never fear, Alex, I shall revive you, somehow… If not, I’ll dig up Mr Nightmares and make him give me Sweet Dreams With Alex For Ever™… :cry:

Don’t use Kryptonian hibernation to bring them back! It’ll give Alex a mullet!

6 Likes

I’ll just get Owen to punch him in the face until he wakes up… What that? That doesn’t wake the dead up? Ah I see… give it a try anyway, Owen. We’re getting desperate here.

3 Likes