Team Zero (WIP)

Alex sits up in the coffin and yells ‘BOO!’ Owen smashes a fist in his face, knocking him out cold back into the coffin

Owen: I say we bury him alive for that stunt.

19 Likes

@Dolphinzgirl Okay, I was thinking you did it on purpose. The new version could fix that problem. Also John is creeping me out. I not sure why, but his character just creeps me.

It’s probably only his black-white-moral kind of worldview and his readiness to punch everybody who’s on the wrong side from his view of things to pulp.

That he’s an attorney actually lets me think of a super powered, hands on version of Teru Mikami (Death note), what would indeed be something to be creeped out… I sense conflict, many conflicts during team building practices…

1 Like

I know, right? Strict ‘law and justice’ without mercy and heart is very scary. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I’unno i find that awesome. Then again I’m a fan of Rorshache, Ghost Rider and Batman.

Not sure you can lump those together, especially not Batman since he won’t kill. He is hard, for certain, but he has a heart (or he wouldn’t hold back or care about people). :relaxed:

Can’t speak about Rorshache as I don’t care for that comic (or motion picture). Haven’t read Ghost Rider for some time and therefore can say even less there, although from what little I read of very early comics he didn’t kill, merely make the guilt weigh on the perpetrators (certainly nothing like the live action). But I am no expert. :grin:

Anyhoo, need more Zero! But no divisions, please. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

John does have a heart. :’( Doesn’t he, @Dolphinzgirl? He’s a really nice guy at heart, isn’t he? Isn’t he??!!??!

He’s like a really broody, anti-hero superman.

1 Like

@Nathan_Faxon and @Sammysam are sort of on the right track when it comes to Kat. Mysterious spoilery things will happen during the story that hit her pretty hard, and the player’s actions (or lack thereof) play a role in how well/poorly she handles it. And she won’t be the only one you can influence like that. You can have an impact on all of the characters in big and little ways, and it’ll show during the present day scenes.

@Akira Thanks!

@OtherGrimm That totally cracked me up :grinning:

@Mim Well, regardless of whether it’s real or not you can still romance him (in a “there’s romance content for him” way, not in a necrophilia way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

@boredhypocrite That doesn’t surprise me. John is … intense. He has issues, lots and lots of issues.

@Sammysan To John’s credit, he really doesn’t instigate conflict (other parties cough Damon cough tend to do that for him), and as long as he respects you, he’ll acknowledge that it’s your team, so it’s your rules.

@Taylor_Enean I wouldn’t say that John doesn’t have a heart. He does what he does because he genuinely thinks he’s helping people. Of course, it’s up to the player whether they agree with that or not.

@CrayFoPottah All the same, I don’t know if I’d go so far as calling him a nice guy, but I think his heart is in the right place. He just has a very dark view of human nature and a very low opinion of the criminal justice system. He can end up caring a lot about the people on the team, including the PC, but he also just really sucks at people and being emotionally healthy. Hence all the brooding.

@DisturbedOne That’s sort of the vibe I was going for with John. I wanted to try writing my own take on a more darkly heroic/good is not nice type.

4 Likes

Try to go easy on lil Kat. She’s my darling girl right now :cry:

True, but he doesn’t hesitate to kill when he deems it necessary. :cold_sweat:

This just means he is a well written character, given the different opinions of the readers. Job well done, as with the whole game. I simply adore what you have so far. :blush:

Sounds like a challenge I’d happily accept. :wink:
JUST WAIT 'TIL I’M DONE WITH YA, JOHNNY BOY!

2 Likes

Same here. It’ll be one of those heartwarming achievements when he refers to you as his friend/significant other and everyone else in the room will be like “did he just say that”

2 Likes

@Nathan_Faxon No promises :imp:

@Taylor_Enean You’re the best :blush: One of my favorite things about John is how he’s probably the character with the biggest spectrum of reader opinions/interpretations.

@CrayFoPottah and @squarelyblue Good luck!

1 Like

Can I hug the grumpy bear?

@Dolphinzgirl No, you’re the best! What would a reader be without an author? Then again, the other way around too. A-ha, we’re the best, everyone here, huzzah! :smile:

(( …, said John. :expressionless: ))

But you do make all characters feel like people, in my opinion, and I certainly have not given up on John, even if I don’t agree with all parts of his methods. :relaxed:

Me, I’m a soft touch for sweet guys like Alex, and even he is like an ogre, ah, onion, with many layers. Hence why your work inspires me, as both a player and a aspiring author. So, yes, I think you’re the best. :blush:

(( John’s reaction to this emotional mush: :expressionless: ))

2 Likes

You know. At this rate, I’m going to have at least 2 runs for each RO (good job @Dolphinzgirl)

Nuuuuu! hides Kat under blankets

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Owen that much, anybody who is a total badass that gives you stupid nicknames is a tick in my book.

1 Like

Hahaa I agree!!! Just cause of the nicknames (and that he’s just generally awesome) makes him hands down my favorite character! Bantering with him is actually so much fun!

2 Likes

I made my character hate the nicknames he gives them, his responses are hilarious. He’s gonna play the role of the annoying big brother who cracks jokes in every serious situation.

2 Likes