Team Zero (WIP)

@UmbraLamia @LordOfLA ah, I didn’t know that. In that case I step back into my original assumption that she’s 18.

Wasn’t Kat canonically 22 in the game?

I could be wrong but I think she said something along the lines of “I’m 22 years old and this is my first drink” or “I didn’t even have a wild 21st birthday party” when you go grab a drink with her at the party.

Age of Concent here in Philippines is 18, granted may not be port of this conversation? Cause… Phlippines but still!

1 Like

Age of consent in the US varies by state.

I bet that makes life fun…

1 Like

[quote=“LordOfLA, post:1214, topic:1795, full:true”]
I bet that makes life fun…[/quote]

It can make life … complicated for young people in love. Is this still an active WiP?

I really enjoyed what was written so far and coming from a military family, I can appreciate a lot of the little details written.

Yeah, states all like to have their own little laws.

Since I moved to Indiana, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people’s crestfallen expressions when they discover they can’t buy alcohol on Sundays…

ok loving this up too know cant wait for more

Fascinating. Hope to see more of this, it quite drew me into its own little world. :grinning:

@Harley_Robin_Evans I’ve toyed with the idea of doing something like that, but it’s not something I would add in until I’d finished my first draft of the entire story.

@squarelyblue There’s no fan page that I’m aware of, but maybe I should make one. It would be really cool.

@Akira, @KitKat, @Arcane_warrior, @Taylor_Enean I’m glad you enjoy it so much, it warms my cold lawyer heart :blush: I’m hoping to get a lot of writing down over the upcoming three day weekend. It’s my first holiday in forever where I’m not flying somewhere.

4 Likes

@eVe I get to break out the old law school answer: “It depends.” Some of the characters you have to be the one to make the first move, sometimes it can go either way, sometimes they might make the first move physically but you’re going to have to be the ones to bring in feelings, etc. I really want all of the different romances to feel distinct. As for being shot down, the way I’m planning things right now, you only get the romance content if you meet the requirements, but that might change.

@OtherGrimm That always annoys me, too. It comes off as very unrealistic to me, and it seems like it limits your roleplaying options a bit. Although if it is in character that they wouldn’t initiate something, I don’t mind.

@Nathan_Faxon I’m glad that you like that aspect of Kat’s character so much, it’s really fun for me to write. I like thinking about what her take on all sorts of normal things would be. She’s also fun because she probably has the most dramatic character arc out of the gang. While the player does influence who she becomes in the present, she still changes a lot either way.

There will be plenty of social scenes because they’re my favorite thing to write. Which is a good thing because they change so much depending on the team cohesion stat, so that’s a lot of writing. I’m working on stuff for your first mission as a team right now, and it’s just so much fun to finally have everyone in a room together (even if they’re generally being sort of awful to each other at this point).

It would take more than hints to get John to make the first move. Maybe a sledgehammer.

@eqs189 I don’t remember if it’s actually stated in game (I think it is like @eVe said, but I’m not positive), but Kat is 22. I wanted her to be a little bit older than she acts or comes off to show how really not normal she is because of the way she was raised.

@boredhypocrite That’s really weird, I’m not sure what’s causing that. I’m planning on moving everything to a newer version of Choicescript anyway, so hopefully that will fix it.

@squarelyblue I love the idea of Alex tormenting Damon with music. I could totally see him doing it when he’s introducing Kat to this concept known as “pranking.”

@Zolataya I’m from a military family, too, so I’m trying to make all that stuff at least a little bit realistic (or at least not glaringly wrong).

6 Likes

Okay that would be good

That’s interesting about having an influence on Kat because I was hoping to keep her empathetic because she seems a little… Cold in the present.

maybe socially awkward but cold?!

Or just more controlled, what comes off as cold. Considering the potential she already had as we picked her up, by now her powers must be impressive. And more powers=needs more control. Also I will make a wild guess now, but she may learned that the hard way? And how drastic that impact was is what we can influence?

Just a guess of course.

There was mention of a tsunami, so maybe she managed to repel it?

I guess with our playthroughs we can influence to keep her empathy or harden her up.

@Zolataya I love socially awkward Kat! The mingle scene when you take her to the party is adorably hilarious.

That about sums up why this game is still hands down my favorite :smiley: your social interactions is by far the best part of your game for me, but being able to change up your base and go on missions…gah I can’t wait :wink:

omg i can’t help but think about the “is Alex really dead?” thing like what if the whole house was sleeping then suddenly there’s banging on the front door and it’s just Alex going “Guys, I’m not dead yet!” hahahahaha

Nah, he’s going to wait until the actual funeral, then jump out of the coffin and yell “BOO!”

He’ll laugh his ass off, and then everyone else will kill him for real. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I approve of this message.

Let it be real.

(I wanna romance him, please make it real. D: :cry: )