Team Zero (WIP)

@eVe Yup, Damon is a self-made billionaire investor. And typing that now makes me want to write some sort of cracky Damon/Shark Tank crossover :slight_smile:

I guess that’s an idiom. It’s basically saying that only Damon is the sort of person that would say something like that.

You will definitely get a chance to see the team bonding. How much of it you see will depend on how well you can get them to work together. No one gets along particularly well at the beginning (which is what I’m writing right now, and it’s really fun), so it’s up to you to change that.

@squarelyblue The answer to both of your questions is yes. There’s romance stuff in both the past and present. If you romanced someone in the past, you’ll be able to play that via flashback, and you can rekindle the romance in the present. I’m also tossing around the idea of letting the PC start a new romance in the present, either because they didn’t romance someone in the past or they want to pick someone different. It just depends on how smoothly things end up fitting.

@Mim If you romance any of the characters, the reasons why it didn’t work out will definitely be brought up.

13 Likes

[I hope I haven’t gotten too spammy hahaha]

Does anyone else have the headcanon that if romancing Owen “sweetheart” does become an actual endearment and the MC returns the name as a sort of confirmation of their relationship?

3 Likes

I like that idea.

I’m really torn over Owen and Alex.

Alex because I see America from Hetalia, Owen, because he’s adorably naughty and funny. :blush:

1 Like

@Mim I’m torn over everyone (oh noes) hahaha.

Out of curiosity, has anyone thought of a playlist for your ships (or in general for the characters)? I’m working on one, solely because I need music to fanfic/write in general :))

I write a lot of Dragon Age fanfic on ArchiveofOurOwn. I find listening to the sound track of a game really helps with getting in character of a specific location, but focusing on characters or moods should be based on various music.

Anger of the brooding sort, I tend to go to Archive.

Happy/Sad/Nostalgia is normally Piano Man by Billy Joel.

Gentle happiness is normally Elizabeth and the Catapult.

The Matrix sound track is good for fight scenes, but for generic writing I tend to listen to Swing/ Light Jazz, Duke Ellington and Glenn Miller being among my favorites.

Anyone else big on music here? What do you listen to when you write? :smile:

@squarelyblue That is too cute :smile:

@Mim I don’t like to listen to music while I’m writing, but a lot of times I’ll get ideas from songs while I’m listening to my iPod on shuffle and driving to work (which does make it hard to write them down). At this point I practically have a soundtrack for the game in my head.

OOOOH. I’m curious for this soundtrack. Can you name a few songs (or the entire list) :>

@Dolphinzgirl Speaking of music, can you tell us more about each character’s hobbies and interests, especially those that don’t directly relate to their occupations? Like Owen’s hobby being reading despite the fact that he’s a stone hard mercenary? :smile:

@squarelyblue Hmm, off the top of my head: “I’ll be Waiting” by Adele, “Chicken Fried” by the Zac Brown Band, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” by the Rolling Stones, “Feel Alright” by Steve Earle,“Fast Train” by Solomon Burke, “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons, and “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by Nina Simone. I’d tell you what scenes they go with, but that would be spoilery :smile:

@CrayFoPottah That’s a good question! Damon’s not really a hobby guy, he has something of a one track mind. Sarah’s favorite hobby was stealing, but she also enjoys rock climbing and snarking on The Bachelor. John’s too busy trying to be a full time crime fighter and a full time lawyer to have much of a life, but he used to like to sketch. Kat just wants to try everything. Alex is actually a pretty good dancer, which you might actually get to see in game if you play your cards right. And Owen grew up on a ranch, so he’s a fan of anything outdoorsy (he also has a soft spot for horses).

11 Likes

I think I can guess which character “Chicken Fried” matches with. :smile:

Also, I was wondering whether or not we’ll be able to romance multiple characters at a time? I know you have options to flirt with the characters, but will we have to choose one at some point?

YAY FOR SONG CHOICES :>

On a different note: is it rude to ask if you have a dev blog/progress blog? I hope asking this isn’t against forum rules.

@symphomy Right now, the plan is to only be able to lock in one romance, if only because it makes things way easier on my end. The lock in takes place about 3/4 of the way through the game.

@squarelyblue Sorry, I don’t have a dev blog. I don’t think I’d be very good at blogging, I can barely handle Facebook :slight_smile:

Awww. I was hoping for one but oh well.

Back on the subject of songs. During the Paris mission – one of my fave missions solely for the ball, it’s a weakness I’ll admit – I’ve been thinking on what song Damon and MC were dancing to.

So I’ve made a short list. Dolphinzgirl, look at what you’ve done :))

• The Snowstorm Waltz - Georgy Sviridov

• If I Didn’t Care - The Ink Spots (Paul Englishby Arrangement)

• I Have Dreamed - Rogers and Hammerstein (Marc Shaiman arrangement) – this version was used in the American President if memory serves right

Those song choices are great!
I’ve always imagined that Damon/Kat and the MC were dancing to the “Blue Danube Waltz” by Strauss but "The Snowstorm Waltz"is absolutely wonderful! :heart_eyes:
I also like to think that if the MC and Damon decided to get married, they would return to Le Bristol in Paris for their Honeymoon or something (mostly because I’m embarrassingly romantic :laughing:)

I’m personally leaning towards either of the first two (Snowstorm because it fits Damon’s personality, in one way or another imo and If I Didn’t Care for the lyrics). The last one is a bit of bias because I love that arrangement and the movie is pretty nostalgic for me.

I love the headcanon that they go back to Paris for their Honeymoon <3 it’s very sweet though I feel like Damon might try to pass it off as your idea rather than his (unless he’s gloating of course)

If it’s Kat, I think the Blue Danube would fit. Though for some reason the Laendler from the Sound of Music comes to mind for her too.

Oh of course Damon would do such a thing, how prideful :laughing:

And you are right, “If I didn’t care” does fit Damon and the MC relationship but I prefer to imagine them dancing by their own while listening to this song on the radio instead of dancing in such a crowdy ballroom.

Anyway, may I ask if you have any songs you associate with the differents characters?

Oh plenty :)) though for the list below it’s more of from character themes than shipping songs d: so from the top of my head

Sarah: Broken Heels - Alexandra Burke
Kat: Jamie Believes/Still Dream - Alexandre Desplat
John: Main Theme - Lorne Balfe (Assassin’s Creed III OST)
Damon: Nocturne No 1 (F Sharp Minor) - Sergei Rachmaninov
Owen: Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Alex: Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars

I got hooked so easily on that game! The whole present/flashbacks/present thing feels very natural, you get attached to the characters so easily (Alex is my favorite, but I’m biaised because I loved the Flash comics as a kid and he reminds me a lot of Wally West, my favorite speedster) and the writing is really nice, flowing really nicely, if that makes any sense. There are some good doses of humor (the ‘Commander Shepard’ made me laugh a lot, as a ME fan) and it doesn’t feel forced at all, which is really great! And I’m really invested in the story because why did the team disbanded? What happened to Alex? Is he really dead? If you had romanced him anyone, why did the two of you drifted away? What went so bad that you didn’t see them for years? No need to say, I’m really hyped for whatever comes next!

7 Likes

I loved it bit disappointed it ended

@pizzawarrior I’m glad you enjoyed it so much! Wally West is my favorite Flash, too, especially the DCAU version. And I’m glad the mystery elements are intriguing, I just hope I can make the answers worthwhile. I don’t want it to turn into the Lost of choice games :sweat_smile:

@Harley_Robin_Evans All good things must come to an end :slight_smile: I’m steadily working on the next update though, although it probably won’t be up for a while. I want to straighten out the underlying code, have all the unique companion reactions to flashbacks, the first mission flashback, the nightmare stuff, and maybe the first major present day scene done before I post anything. That’ll take the game to roughly the halfway point.

5 Likes