Team Zero (WIP)

I really enjoy playing through the story

Wasn’t a thread just closed for this?

Opened at the request of original poster.

Hello everyone!

So my past year has been pretty crazy (although mostly in a good way). I finished my final year of law school, studied for and passed the bar, moved to a new city, and started a new job. And now that I’ve actually settled down like a grown up, and I finally own a computer with Office again, I’m ready to get back to working on this :smile:

Also, I’m going to be giving the game an overhaul in the future. Looking at my notes, I see a lot of pretty significant scope creep, which I need to cut down on if I want to be able to finish this thing. Additionally, the more I look at it, the more I realize that having the option to do the flashbacks out of chronological order just makes things impossible from a coding perspective in such a relationship dependant game. So my new plane is to have the flashbacks play out more or less chronologically, but the context around the flashback will change depending on who you’re talking to. So for example, you’ll get the recruitment flashback first regardless of who you talk to, but the conversation around it will change, and you’ll get to hear Kat, John, Owen, etc.'s thoughts on how they first meet you.

So I have a lot of work to do, but in the meantime enjoy a small update. Think of it as a Halloween present :jack_o_lantern:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86817576/web/mygame/index.html

35 Likes

You live! Congrats on everything.

Also, the game lives! Thank-you, this was the number one WiP that I would love to see brought back and thank-you!

I got an error when in Sarah’s nightmare

SO glad to hear you’re hear back! I was thinking about this game yesterday. Super excited that one of my favorite WIPs is back.

OMG YES! This was one of my favourites, it may be holloween but it feels like christmas thank youu​:sob::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

OMG SO HAPPY. This is the very first WIP I ever played and I fell in love it from the moment I opened the link. It’s one of the reasons that I’m still on the forum today and I thank you for that. I’m so excited that your back that I’ve started to tear up a little lol. :sob::sob::joy:. Thanks again for coming back!!!

I felt nostalgic playing the nightmare part, it reminded me of DA: Origins. And I got a little sad when the demo ended, I really like what you have so far.

Huh that’s weird, it reminded me of da inquisition when your in the fade

When you’re in the Fade in DA: Origins you have to help you companions wake up from their dreams. In inquisition you are reminded of your nightmares. It looks like in this WIP we have a little bit of both.

Oh wow, I think I just cried a little seeing Team Zero rise from the grave. I can’t wait to see what comes next.

It’s good have u back, I like this wip a lot

@Dolphinzgirl IT’S BACK YOU’RE BACK I CAN’T BELIEVE IT OMG :sob::sob::sob: I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO COME BACK FOR SO LONG AND NOW YOU’RE ACTUALLY BACK OMG
Thank you so much for coming back and continuing Team Zero! I’m glad to hear about all your achievements in the past year, and I hope things go just as well and even better for you in the future! :kissing_heart:
I’m gonna go try the update later at home (a sacred thing like this deserves ample attention and concentration) and I’ll let you know what I think! In hindsight, I find your idea to set the flashbacks in chronological order to be practical as well as easier to play and understand, and I love your idea to be able to talk to all the members of the team about any flashback and have different interactions with each of them! The variety sounds refreshing, and I absolutely can’t wait to get to it ASAP! I miss all the guys (and girls) so much… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
DAMON WAIT FOR ME BBY I’M COMING FOR YOOOU

1 Like

Congrats on your success. I’m excited to see you working on this again. :smile:

@Dolphinzgirl! Congratz on your law degree! I’m thrilled to see that you’ve returned and I look forward to reading more of your lovely prose. :grinning:

CONGRATS on finishing law school.