Team Zero (WIP)

Unisex - why didn’t it strike me?
You probably don’t need a separate list of first names if that’s the case. Although some people might prefer masculine names for their male MCs and likewise accordingly for females.

I would be interested in seeing your approach on the story flow Memento style, ie. bits and pieces thrown in in no consecutive order. Guess the interactive element of this would be an extra challenge in getting the balance of everything right. Looking forward to updates.

@Dolphinzgirl Just chiming in to say this has me hooked. Looking forward to seeing how the story develops.

It’s a great start! I really like your game.

This is amazing, I love it and cannot wait for more. It’s just so cool, and edgy, and amazing.

It so cool I loved the game!! You meet up with some old friends or enemies by the way u play it :slight_smile: and I’m getting the feeling that u might be called in to save the world !!! I love the trip to memory lane. Could u put in the choice as to why the m/c decide to join the SEALS ???

This is really well written and the story is intriguing. I’m looking forward to more!

Good job on this game! Ill definitely be watching this game. :wink:

Hmm, “Shepard” listed as a preset last name…Referred to as “Commander Shepard” frequently

You sly dog. :wink:

Wow, I’m amazed by the response this is getting. I just want to thank everyone who has commented. I’ve been super busy with this awful school project this weekend, and seeing so many encouraging comments really made my day.

@JLBH2000 I’m so happy you like it!

@FairyGodFeather Thanks for the coding tip. I’ll try it out when I update the game. The recruiting missions are when the stats are really going to start getting affected, so after I’ve written more of those, I’m going to go in and start plugging everything in. Also, there will definitely be ill-fated romance, and if you’re really nice, I might even edge it up to bittersweet :slight_smile: The song that inspired this game was “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” by the Rolling Stones, so that should give you a hint about the tone most of the romances are going to have.

@JLBH2000 The MC does not have superpowers. You’re the Nick Fury of the group. I’ve always really been a fan of badass normal characters, and the MC’s lack of powers compared to everyone else is a subject that’s going to be explored in the game.

@Aera All of those abilities are things that real Navy SEALs have. Currently, I don’t have any plans for the MC to gain powers, but I’d argue that being one of the best soldiers on the planet and actually being able to get all of the clashing personalities on your team to work together ought to count :wink:

@P0Rt3R I’m glad you’re looking forward to more.

@FCA That’s the idea. Anyone playing the beta is going to end up playing out the story more or less chronologically because that’s the order I’m writing it in, but once I have all the content in there you could play it non-linearly. Each of the characters has a piece of the story, and you’ll be able to talk to them in any order. Things will also play out differently or with additional bonus scenes depending on the order you do things.

@Marius I’m glad you’re hooked, I’ll have to work hard to update soon.

@Aquila Glad you like it!

@TrollHuntertheThird You are too sweet! I’m glad you think it’s edgy. I really wanted to try and do something a little different with this game.

@Chriswa27 I’m trying to avoid having a lot of exposition in the story, so my goal is to try and work in a lot of the MC/world background more organically into conversations and events. There will be a choice about why the MC joined the SEALs, but it’ll come up during a later conversation with one of the characters.

@Noctrunal_Stillness I’m glad you’re looking forward to more, I’m looking forward to writing more :slight_smile:

@Beezlebub I’m glad you’re a fan.

@HomicidialFrog Yup, the true ending of ME3 is that Commander Shepard goes back in time and joins a team of superheroes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad we don’t actually have powers. I was hoping that we wouldn’t. I thought that our description was already awesome, I liked how we were an excellent fighter, tactician and charismatic too. It’s nice to be good at a number of things, of playing a more than competent character, even if we don’t have super powers.

Damon reminded me of Ozymandius in the movie Watchmen. I’ve not read the comic though, but I was getting something of a similar vibe from the game as that. Well that and RED.

I did like how cinematic the game feels. I enjoyed the characters.

Bittersweet is good too. Admittedly I am a fan of happy ever afters, but I like them to be worked for, not just handed over on a plate. I like a bumpy ride full of struggles getting there.

Awesome game :smiley:

Our superpower is our extremely high level of awesome badassery. Something our MC *cough* Shepard *cough* obviously has dibs on.

Funny, I was getting a “if Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark had a love child” vibe from Damon.

@StSword Heh. :slight_smile: I think it was the super-smart, rich guy, controlling everything from behind the scenes, trying to save the world that made me think Ozymandius first. Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne tend to be in the middle of all of the action.

Cool about the background choices can’t wait!!! Like FairyGodfeather I am a big fan of happy endings for romance but I can tell for this game a bittersweet romance would be good too.

@FairyGodFeather Yeah, the MC might not have superpowers, but they are by far the most well-rounded person on the team. Plus, they have the most valuable power of all, heart actual combat experience.

@Bloodhawkereaper Thanks!

@Scrivener Badassery is by far the greatest superpower.

@Stsword I think Ozymandias, Bruce Wayne, and Tony Stark are all definitely influences on Damon’s character. Whenever I write him though, I picture a mix between Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock Holmes and Don Draper.

@Chriswa27 Where the romance falls on the depressing/happy scale is really going to depend on who you romance and the choices you make. They run the gamut from “all the sads” to “I have feelings for you, but it’s never going to work out” to “hopefully ever after.”

Also, since my giant, evil writing project is due tonight, I’ve decided to reward myself by doing nothing but fun writing on Monday. I want to get started on all these recruitment missions, since I have a bunch of plot bunnies currently skipping around my head. Any preferences for which one y’all would like to see first?

Alex first would be great. I’d like to actually meet him.

Aye me to

This game is AMAZING! It is really impressive to get me totally hooked so quickly. Sure I like a lot of games, but I’ve always wanted to be a superpowerless badass!

I’d either like to see Alex or the mercenary (can’t think of the name right now) first, please.

Woo! This demo was amazing, I like the idea of flashbacks and slowly introducing the other characters and their backgrounds. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.