Task of the Burdened One (WIP) 4/30/2020

@CreoleGuy519 That is an absolutely fair question, and one I don’t have a good answer for. I’ll have to go back and re-look at that scene and try to remember why I wrote it that way. But no, you don’t have a good reason for just knocking him out, considering in the Mage intro, you do kill the soldier.

I’ll go back and edit that scene, you make a fair point. :3

2 Likes

Excellent job so far! It’s not often that a story grips me right away, but the intro is written very well. I also love the personality aspect, it always makes game MCs feel more organic. Awesome start, I can’t wait to see where you take us next :smiley:

1 Like

@Mosspool13 Possibly spoiler question and if you can’t or won’t answer I understand but will it be possible to have a foe yay relationship/romance with the Prince Vikandor/Princess Victoria If you’re on the opposing side ?

1 Like

@CreoleGuy519 Admittedly I had to look up “foe yay,” thank you Tv Tropes! And yes, it is possible. The rivalry path is very similar to that kind of romance.

1 Like

Easygoing/Laidback, along with charming and sarcastic are my usual picks.

12 Likes

@demontears You know I didn’t think about laidback. I’ll edit the post and add that for people who are interested, and have them like your post so I can see who else might want to play that personality

1 Like

@LadyUmbreon89 Ok! I finally went in and rearranged the hair style text with your suggestion! Hopefully it sounds a little smoother now. Thank you again!

@CreoleGuy519 And I went in and fixed up that scene for The Warrior.

3 Likes

Alright! So I have officially closed the poll, thank you to everyone who voted!

It looks like Sarcastic, Stoic and Charming are the Top 3 choices! Those three will make it into the story for sure. As for the others, I will balance out the personality stats based on your votes with the others and take into consideration the Cruel, Calculated and Easygoing personalities as well.

Thank you again everyone!

20 Likes

another great game worthy of the Wolf God, and may they Bless you

1 Like

Update 3/6/20
I wanted to get the next two Warrior backgrounds out together, but I got delayed by work and other life stuff. So I’m updating the demo with the completed Ashwin background chunk and will push the Lucan Tribe background chunk back to the next update!

In this update:

• I’ve updated a bit of the stats screen
  • I also went through the Intro and fixed some minor grammar mistakes I noticed.
  • And drum roll all you Warriors out there can now play the Ashwin background chunk!

Plans for next update and tentative schedule:

1. Late March/Early April : Lucan Tribe Background Chunk update
  2. Mid/Late May : Both Cassica backgrounds chunk update (both Noble and Orphan backgrounds will be released together)
  3. TBD: Stats rehaul update + 3rd draft of Intro (I’ll be updating the stats + adding the final touches to the intro, making it longer and adding more early-game content. This will not be the final draft, but it will be close.)
  4. TBD : Background Update (this is the big one. This update won’t be released until I’ve written ALL of the backgrounds through completion.)

Also a note, these dates are not static. I may release the update early or later than what is posted here. It depends on how much time I have to write.

You can play the update here!

23 Likes

Dashingdon apparently isn’t updating the files properly :frowning: Sorry about that guys! Let me see what I can do to fix the issue

Edit: Should be working now, but let me know if anyone can’t access the Ashwin background (should be the second choice for The Warrior: “The dank scent of a cave”)

5 Likes

that ok take your time :relaxed:

2 Likes

03/20/2020

Thanks to Covid-19, I was able to plug away and get out the Lucan Tribe chunk way ahead of schedule!

In this update:

• Minor editing in the stats screen and in grammar mistakes I noticed
  • The Lucan Tribe Background chunk! Which means all Warrior background chunks are complete

Plans for next update:

1. Both Cassica backgrounds (considering the self-quarentine, I will probably have this done sometime in early/mid April the way things look)
  2. Stats rehaul update + Intro
  3. All backgrounds through completion

As always, let me know if you see any coding/grammar or other mistakes.

Here is the new update! Enjoy guys! And stay safe and healthy!

27 Likes

Classically, I found an error immediately after posting the update. Good job, Moss.

If you get the “benefit” stat doesn’t exist error, refresh your browser. I re-uploaded the docs. It should be fixed.

13 Likes

hope you are being safe and health

1 Like

I forgot to say this play more lore into the to isthe warrior class to me I view the warrior as a Templar in Dragon Age Timmy The View magic is evil

@Takashi_Shin That’s a good comparison, actually! The Warrior’s Council in Roerhn employ a hard stance with concern to magic, despite their employing The Enchanter, because of how disastrous it is to their country. They insist on researching it (thus the Harvesters and The Enchanter’s jobs) to find out more so they can stop the elemental storms.

1 Like

Update 4/30/2020

Finally the long awaited Cassica Background Chunk update! Both the Noble (Higher) and the Orphan (Lower) paths.

I also added a “Skip Customization” option in the intro for those who don’t want to go through the whole process of choosing your character’s looks.

As always, check for any grammar issues or coding issues. As is typical of me, there is usually one or two coding problems that I notice as soon as I release the update, lol, so notify me if you see anything.

Plans for next update:
With the background chunks done, I can finally do the Stats Rehaul update, which means the final iteration of the intro as I add and rework the stats system and change the stats screen. There will be a final revamp of the intro which will include:
-Character Customization
-Mage and Warrior intros which will include an introduction to all of the allies in each route
-A new RPG-like system in which you will be able to play out an entire day to night scenario: doing tasks, interacting with characters, training your skills, boosting stats, and more!
-a battle, of course
-the new personality POV, taking in the information from the Personality Poll from two months ago!

Go here for the updated demo!

38 Likes

Hey, I just played all of the routes;). You have a mammoth project here so respect for the details. It was wonderful and I really enjoyed it.

The characters are interesting can’t wait to get to know them better!

3 Likes

Currently working on the Stats Rehaul update, and I wanted to post a little sneak peek of what it will look like.

Here’s two screenshots, I have two more on my tumblr if anyone is interested: here

This is an example of what I mean by:

“A new RPG-like system in which you will be able to play out an entire day to night scenario: doing tasks, interacting with characters, training your skills, boosting stats, and more!”

I’ve mainly been coding it yesterday and today rather than writing events, but it looks pretty at least and it’s functional!

Let me know what you guys think: if you like it, or if you don’t. This is time for some much needed feedback before I really dive into it!

14 Likes