Tamarak game playing link with Tamarak - Anna Spoiler

I’ve worked on my game Tamarak for some time now. In it, you play a Swordsman or Swordswoman doing adventuring and swordfighting with goals to become a legend.

Currently it’s about (?%, ? Chapters, 50,000+ Words) done, and I plan on updating every ? weeks.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/go/1808

10 Likes

I would like to know what everyone thinks about anything within’ the topic of the game, and I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to finishing it the way life is going, but I believe it is okay to post here a game that may never be finished. Although, the game is already in a near complete state.

so this is like a magical world but the modern time I see. (it would be better if you put up a little summary.)

(I feel like I played this game before…and back then there was a glitch where it changed my gender from male to female or at least it felt like that)

3 Likes

I found this, I think a continuation error(?).

I choose to not be the girl's friend

With the sudden death of Candle, all of your friends are acting strangely. It’s unfortunate that your arrival is so close to marking the death of one of your new friend’s friends. Although, these new friends have clearly ignited something in you. You found you only enjoyed conversations with those you knew best in your life, but you already feel somewhat at home with these new friends. You have a blast training, and learn more than you can take in about this sort of thing, but it is only day one. Next, you spend a great deal of time hanging out with those new friends, which is fine by you. You reminisce about everything, and anything that had happened to you, and sharing these events and secrets began a bond that could last a lifetime.

1 Like

@Aldraan

what I found
  • Your brother and you play all kinds of games, and have all kinds of fun together! You bested him in many a game, and him you, but your bond only grows stronger!

This may just me, but I found and him you, is unnecessary here, are you perhaps planning to add it more?

• Some kids are all planning on staying out late this night, and you want to join them, but you’re sure you’ll get in lots of trouble if you stay out too too late. They are having a gathering where there will be a campfire, and what they call siljua.

I don’t think second too is needed here.

Perhaps you do type two “busy” in purpose but I going to let you know anyway.

• The local temple, ofcourse. None need volunteers for reading passages of scripture, and serving the needy, than the Temple of Alorum, God of Magical Means.

of course, just need space.

And means?

This one is suggestion:

• You head up to your room, and see nobody along the way. It seems like not a lot of people are members here, or at least you’re not seeing many, and you go straight to sleep wondering where everyone is. You awake bright and early, after a good nights sleep. You know you must make it to the grades keeper to see if he is expecting you, and you’re sure he will be. You think about training and walk slowly, since you’re not in any HUGE hurry. You see the title Grades Keeper’s Study on the open door, and you knock. He’s sitting at his desk, and welcomes you in. He says, “You must be Thena. I hope the guild has taken you in kindly, and it is my job to make sure you obey all of the rules we have here. Don’t steal, don’t go out of your way to hurt anyone, and generally do what is asked of you. You’ll find that this place is forgiving to many things, but not guile. First I will need to test your abilities, so meet me behind the guild on the training grounds, and I’ll be along shortly.”

I suggest to break this into paragraph.

I found it odd mc know Candle name even though mc not even know her.

With the sudden death of Candle, all of your friends are acting strange. It’s unfortunate that your arrival is so close to marking the death of one of your new friend’s friends. Although, these new friends have clearly ignited something in you. You found you only enjoyed conversations with those you knew best in your life, but you already feel somewhat at home with these new friends. You have a blast training, and learn more than you can take in about this sort of thing, but it is only day one. Next you spend a great deal of time hanging out with those new friends, which is fine by you. You reminisce about everything, and anything that had happened to you, and sharing these events and secrets began a bond that could last a lifetime.

These also weird, my mc not even have friend yet…

I feel like this too…rushed, especially the beginning. There also many things that confuse me, for example why mc not talking to his/her brother before go to that school? And is mc really need rival?

1 Like

Just curious… What does “Anna Spoiler” mean? :yum:

I interpreted this as ‘there’s a follow-up called Tamarak-Anna and this contains Spoilers for it’ though that’s about my third reading of this. My first thought was that’s a cool pen name.

3 Likes

The stats screen won’t work. When I rechose to work as an alchemist after viewing the temple job, the game still acted like I choose the temple.

1 Like
Summary

I never made any friends.

The game feels like it’s too much rushed. I can’t get immersed in it.

In loving the idea of being a master swordsman an all but I feel like you’re rushing through the story. Are you planning on putting some Ro’s in there as well an just tyt with writing.

The game actually forces certain friends upon you, so I suppose there is no alternative in your choice of friends

The choice of gender affects very little in the game, and I left no option to date or marry

When I go through the game again, I will see what I can do about the rushed feel

1 Like

Sovereign2Lilith, could you please elaborate on this temple issue?

When you click on the stats the game freeze.

I believe I fixed the stats screen issue :slight_smile:

bit confused in related to the game the farther says its your choise but the game forces you to be a warrior and go to the warrior guild is there any reason why you cant go to the other guild? to choice to be a mage and go to the .mage’s Academy instead of the warriors guild.

The story is about you being a swordsman.

Not real fan of the forcing friends upon you thing I wanted to be a bad ass master lone swordsman but still great story.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.