Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

Will that work for chapters not covered by the demo? As far as I know, it won’t.

It should work for chapters not covered by the demo if you’ve purchased the game through the CoG website and are logged in on the account you used to purchase it (not the same as the forum account). I’ve used that method to read code lots of times.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for encouraging me to play through the heartbreak and try again. I donked the second playthrough as well, but I had a LOT of fun exploring new content. (WOW, all the ways each choice changes the story… I know that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to work, but I’ve never read a Choice of Games story that was as complex in the choices as this one… What fun!) Third time was the charm and Rory was SO, SO, SO worth it. <3 Thank you for putting this amazing game/story into the universe!

2 Likes

I’m so glad you ended up happily ever after with Rory!

And now you’ve got three other romantic interests to pursue (or four, counting a potential poly relationship) unless you can’t bear the thought of creating additional alternate universes in which you don’t end up with Rory…

3 Likes

Me: I’m going to play this again and try a new romance maybe…
Also Me: Sees Rory and swoons, ends up dropping the glass, I’m in love with him…

(Dang it. :wink: Nope. Nope, my heart is too invested.)

Me again: New plan, let’s go check out A Midsummer Night’s Choice!!

3 Likes

You asked for it!

I’m hard at work on part 1 of my new trilogy (the “Jolly Good Trilogy.”)

Here’s where I’m up to–I’m working on the first game (“Cakes and Ale”), writing the first plot beat of chapter 4 out of 8, and I’m about 330,000 words in. This chapter is going to be a bit complicated–it’s going to be like the foxhunt/house/refreshments scene in Tally Ho where you have a lot to do and not enough time to do it in. Except this time you have a servant to “help” you.

It will certainly take me into January to finish this chapter; I’m hoping to finish the whole thing by the end of the summer, and then I’ll immediately start writing part 2 (“Tea and Scones”).

As in Tally Ho, there will be four love interests. One will be a man, one will be a woman, and the other two will be player choice, as in Tally Ho. Over the course of the series, all of the characters from Tally Ho will put in an appearance, some briefly, and some substantially. None of the characters from Tally Ho will be romance options in the Jolly Good series.

20 Likes

(ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧ Woophey!ヽ(´ω`○)ノ.+゚*。:゚+
It will be so fun to read about them all again.

Thanks for the update! And I wish you a lot of success with the work!

5 Likes

I am very excited! This would be an interesting read especially with that word count. There must be a lot of choices involved!

4 Likes

@Gower The new game sounds extremely interesting and if you don’t mind why don’t you just make another thread for the jolly good series where you can upload and give us more news about the game’s progress :grin: .

About the servant in the jolly good series … Will their gender be player’s choices or are do they have a set gender??

1 Like

Is it possible to romance Rory only? Without poly relationship?

1 Like

Yes, it definitely is!

2 Likes

I try but they always announce their engagement with Frankincense at the hunt party. So is it not possible to break off their engagement? Sorry for this all questions but i started replaying for so many times thinking i am doing something wrong :smiley:

1 Like

You will have to take active measures to keep them from getting married–but even if they intend to wed at the hunting party, that’s not the end of your opportunities–it’s not locked in until chapter seven.

Do what you can when talking to Rory and Frankincense to drive them apart–chapters three and four have quite a few places where you can do that. Ditto in chapters five and seven.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

For me it worked to be not mean to Frankincense but remind Rory what she/he likes and how things will change all way long, if they marry.

2 Likes

Just a hint: Use your weakest stat when choosing some dialog during these type of scenes. This will help you drive a wedge between Rory and Frank. Example if you have a low stat Charm, choose the charming dialog to have an opposite effect on them both.

5 Likes

It may seem a silly question, but what stats do I need to break the engagement between Rory and Frank? I talked with them during the hunt, and tried to make them argue… I had 57 in persuade but it still didn’t work!
And if I try to make them love eachother hoping for a failure, it doesn’t work…

There are lots and lots of checks, so it’s hard to answer this, but a low soothing does help with quite a few of them. Remember that, regardless of what is announced at the hunt, you in fact have until the parlor scene in chapter seven to break them up.

4 Likes

I tried suggesting the wrong answer to Rory the first time he and Frank met before the hunt, but it still doesn’t work if I don’t success in making them argue after that. What other options do I have before the parlor?

Another place is talking to either Rory or Frankincense before dessert in chapter five. The person you select to be thinking about in the car with Figs at the start of chapter five will be the person you chat with after dinner, unless you aren’t thinking about anyone, in which case you get Mopsie or Firesnuff.

4 Likes