Tall tale of Draigs (WIP) formerly known as Drágóneer (WIP)

Is Drágóneer discontinued, @honeymichie/@M-D-M/@Aera ?

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s not, the authors and the coder are likely busy with their lives, but I do remember @honeymichie saying, that he uploaded it to dashingdon.com , but the link is set to private.
Of course @honeymichie , @M-D-M or @Aera might be able to elaborate more.

3 Likes

@PotterStinks Yes, very much so. As posted by Mikhail. We have the game links in private as @Witan_Orbis mentioned.

At the moment and we’re finishing BMP first since Mikhail is done with it and we would love for it to be tested by the public probably next year. Drágóneer on the other hand is privately played for the time being.

Mikhail and I are also writing for NaNoWriMo so both of us are a little dead to updates for the time being. Our coder is doing her best as much as her free time can to finish coding the list of games. Thanks

15 Likes

Hello everyone, how you all been doing. Sorry to ask this, but since Drágóneer has some major codex issues that change overtime I was wondering if telling the player what changed in the stats screen will break their game immersion? Or does it depend on the person? What do you guys think?

Or I can just add a reminder/warning at the beginning that is something like this.

Before you start playing, would you like to be informed if there are changes within the stats screen
as well as when an information is added or removed, 
a relationship change, and item changes?

*choice
#Yes, inform me when there are changes.
#No, I prefer not to know. It breaks my game immersion.
2 Likes

I prefer to not be overtly told in the game unless it was something needed to know. As long as the changes occur in the stat pages, I will be fine without any overt writing.

I also think a question like that would be o.k. but it would leave me, the reader, with a “what-if” feeling the entire game.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the “What-if” I mean do you think that by choosing not to get informed about the changes do you think you’ll miss something vital?

1 Like

or visa-versa too … I would be questioning why such a choice even exists.

1 Like

I also prefer not to see the changes (if I want to know, I’ll just look at the code), but I think a choice at the beginning (yea or nay) would be fine.

4 Likes

Would you guys prefer if at the start you’d also be informed that switching to be informed of the stats changes does or does not affect anything on the game, but rather for those who just want to know if there was a change at all in the stats screen? is that a rather good compromise?

The times I’ve seen it done (where you give an option to show or hide effects) it was very 4th wall - I don’t mind such a choice while testing a game but when I am running a play-session if I want to look at the stats I will - otherwise I don’t want to be told +5 charisma (or whatever).

1 Like

I also do not like that setting where in I type charisma – 4 or wisdom + 8

Instead I planned to just write it as a sentence. Like if your charisma did get an addition or a minus I’ll write something like

Because you practiced all night, your charisma has increased or decreased.

Or if an information is added on the stats screen I’ll write.

By listening or taking notes from class you’ve gain some information about “topic”

Or if it’s an increase in relationship or a decrease in a relationship I’ll write.

Logan didn’t like your response and seems to have lowered his opinion of you.

Something like that is what I planned if I ever implement it.

6 Likes

These two make perfect sense to leave in (although maybe reword the latter to something from the MC’s PoV). The other one looks like it would be harder to fit into the text without being immersion-breaking.

4 Likes

I agree with @ParrotWatcher here; athough [quote=“honeymichie, post:1485, topic:7611”]
By listening or taking notes from class you’ve gain some information about “topic”
[/quote]

is still immersion breaking to me; its still much preferable to the first option.

1 Like

As someone who habitually checks the stats almost every screen I would actually appreciate having confirmation that yes those are the changes you’re looking for.

Of course that’s mostly just a bad habit from play testing more games than I actually play so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your wonderful opinions. I’ll be sure to consider the pro and cons of both sides. Many thanks

2 Likes

Does this mean the game is ready or almost ready for the public? Not I say finished, but to open link game to play for public? Gah… I hope that okay to ask if not…… meh

2 Likes

I know what you mean… I keep checking every once in a while to see if there’s a working demo. Alas, the dropbox link hasn’t been working for a while now… :cry:

3 Likes

Dropbox won’t be working anymore for WIPs sadly. I imagine when it’s replaced by a dashingdon.com link, it’ll be ready. @honeymichie will also probably post about it.

3 Likes

Hello everyone so here are some temporary game links for you to refresh yourselves with what the games are about. Please note that @honeymichie and I only made this public so you can have a sample of the game. This is not yet the updated one that we’ve done since all that file is still with our hardworking Cough. Cough coder @Aera

The files available are before dropbox went wacky and cancelled HTML files to be shared in a public folder and to note dropbox will remove PUBLIC Folder by next year and turn it into a private one. Lols.

Anyways, the temporary links are just so you guys can play the game samples. Again, the updated ones are still with our coder. We’re targeting 2017 late January or late February to release Drágóneer link with the updates. Except for blood moon which we hope to get done already and recruit possible testers.

We’re using dashing don dot com as our main private links because @honeymichie is more comfortable using it. Kudos for the maker of that wonderful screen-reader feature. For the public links, we’ll be using neocities dot org because neocites allows the three of us share files easily which makes our coder happy. A happy writer and coder makes collaboration faster.

Thank you all for understanding and we hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very pleasant and happy new year.

Temporary Open Game Link for Drágóneer
Temporary Open Game Link for Blood Moon Prophecy

17 Likes

At least it’s an update, something is better than nothing, right?

####Edit
theauthor.neocities.org says:
Couldn’t load scene ‘ch1-ph2-1-intro’
The file doesn’t exist.
Found this error after choosing MC’s name.

1 Like