Sym-Bionic Titan

I just thought I’d create this thread talking about Sym-Bionic Titan. It was a great show, and I really hope it comes back, but I’d like to hear what you guys think about the show and its characters.

This used to be one of my favorite shows, can’t believe I forgot about it. I can’t remember the characters at all but I’m sure someone else knows…

I’ll give you a bit of a refresher since I’ve watched the show more recently. Your main characters, which form part of the Sym-Bionic Titan, are Lance, Ilana, and Octus, who fled from their home planet to live on Earth, and assume normal lives. On Earth, Octus has two identities. He has that of Newton, a slightly nerdy high school student, and “Dad” Lunis, who watches over Ilana and Lance, who are both siblings on Earth, even though in their home planet, Lance was merely tasked with guarding Ilana as she was the princess. Lance also has a rather tortured and tumultuous past, but that’s a story for another time.

Along with these characters, you have Kimmy and Meat, who form friendships with Newton, Kirsten, who serves as a distaff counterpart to Lance, Jimmy, who Ilana seems to have feelings of sorts for, etc.

You then have the vilalins which are comprised of two––the Mutradi (the alien race that took over Ilana and Lance’s home planet)––and General Steele and his troops. Steele does not like being overshadowed in attention by Titan, and therefore, keeps trying to bring them in, though he never succeeds at figuring out just who forms part of the mech.

On top of this, you have Solomon Kane and the others, who rescue the heroes at the end of Season One. They’re not quite heroes, but they’re also not truly villainous either; basically think of them as antiheroes leaning slightly more towards evil than good.

On top of that there’s other minor characters and you could delve much deeper into all of these characters than what I have said here, but this is supposed to be a general overview.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Okay now I remember somewhat, I’ll have binge watch it over the weekend thanks for the reminder.

You’re welcome. Do try and watch it over the weekend—it’s a really good show—and in rewatching, you notice things you didn’t see the first time you watched it. Let me know how it went for you.

The Show will never come back because when cartoon network tried to get a licence to market it and make toys they were denied a toy making licence so they wrote it off as a loss in taxes and can not legally continue the show due to taxes

Makes sense business is business.

So the show can’t continue even if it were to air somewhere other than Cartoon Network? I thought the tax write-off merely meant that Cartoon Network no longer had any rights to the show, but that the show could air elsewhere. Having said that, I could be wrong on this, and seeing as how I’m not the most knowledgeable person on this, I am anemable to any corrections.

Having said that, if what you’re saying is true, it would be a great shame. Sym-Bionic Titan was a great show, and it’s a shame that it was canned so early. It deserves a second chance at life, but if what you’re saying is true, then the show is bittersweet in its result: a great show that ultimately met an ignoble end.

I remember bits and pieces of this show, and switching between really liking it and being ambivalent. I also remember a certain scene with a certain song lol.

Was that song by any chance found in the episode “Disenfranchised?”

Nope. It would be the episode ‘Lessons in Love’.

Huh. Good to know. I did like the songs on “Disenfranchised” though.