Swish - A Basketball Story (Update 25Feb2018) First romance options!

Step back jumper is actually one of the shooting moves to create space just before you shoot so I think it’s ok. But I can see how it would confuse people that doesn’t know basketball terms so maybe type something like “… then do a step back jumper.”

3 Likes

Crushed after choosing position?

1 Like

I think he’s not finished writing that part yet.

1 Like

I didn’t have much time to do anything due to some personal life stuff, but I did change things a bit. I decided instead of picking a position, you will choose stats. I plan to make stats unlike “skills” and these will open choices, if you have what you need. At points you will need two skills to achieve or do something! Not sure if this is liked or not but as of right now im gonna try it and see where it leads.

1 Like

Error at the positions choices

1 Like

Its not yet done on that part

2 Likes

Make the guards have a ball handling bonus and the forwards have a strength bonus

1 Like

Sorry been back-logged. Released what I had of my other story yesterday, should have more done on Swish to release in coming days. Last week was a waste writing wise, to life issues hitting at once.

I really love this story so far!

1 Like

Love the idea, looking forward to a finished game whenever that happens

2 Likes

@wrestlerjrh @FREUKY Thanks sadly finished product is a long ways off, due to scale. If it seems to much I might still,make it two games, but ive been told to avoid this if possible

1 Like

Updated demo with the finish Prologue. I won’t be updating again till I have a completed Chapter this time around. That might be awhile as I have another game, job, and family to keep me busy. But I will be working on this and can’t wait to share more!

5 Likes

I’ve enjoyed this so far. I was wondering if perhaps, for those of us with less experience with basketball, you could implement a description of the positions and how skills factor into them in the narrative of the game while the character is learning about basketball? Or maybe just a guidelines in the stats screen?

1 Like

Yeah bro I’ll say for the game, not like you really got to ask." she replied hopping out the door

My mc was a girl

1 Like

After the fight the game just loads indefinately.

3 Likes

After you go to the gym where you got to defend the siblings and it gives the choice to tell the truth or lie to the coach and u pick it doesnt get further it keeps loading

3 Likes

She was about to say something else when a
women
startled your group from behind.
Should be woman

1 Like

i love basketball, i play nba 2k18 in ps4 a lot… and am huge fan of Lakers and Warriors… so it will be interesting to see something like this here.

@Omegareaven i cant actually say anything about the game since i have the same problem as @Jose_Gonzalez & @Crow , the game get stuck on loading after saving / meeting Ash and Ace.

2 Likes

Hey everyone just wanted to,let you know that I saw the issues you listed. I will make sure to fix everything as soon as possible and update accordingly.

1 Like

My biggest problem is that as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the finer points of basketball this game feels really disorienting. It feels like in order to play I need to have a highly specialized knowledge of basketball, from either maybe playing it myself, or having controlled someone playing it in a video game. A minor problem I’ve found though is the way you choose the name is also a bit weird, would it be possible to introduce your last name when your mother calls to your sister?

1 Like