Swish - A Basketball Story (Update 25Feb2018) First romance options!

@lgeass88 I chose to make it coed based on the fact that it interested me. I plan to used the dual gender aspect to create gender stereotypes and give options to overcome them.

For example on a general basis men are stronger then women, but in my game you can either embrace or go against that grain.

@achtungnight Well I won’t lie that wasn’t a original reason, but a point well made. I just like the idea, and basketball is one sport I feel could be coed…maybe I’m alone in that lol.

@majinmike I’m pretty set on the coed due to the world building it has brought me. Also leads to some interesting RO’s

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining your reasons. I’ve been beta testing a game recently with a random gender mechanic for the non-player characters. That could be of use to you here.

1 Like

In the firsts two pages your age changes, it goes from 4 to 3.

1 Like

This is dope men…Basketball is my passion and i cant really wait for it

1 Like

Will update tonight to reflect proper change!

@Brian_Garcia same here! I grew up playing and have a love for it to this day.

1 Like

Cool and it definitely has potential plus I do like the thought of my female character breaking everyone’s ankles and dunking on people.

2 Likes

And that will totally be a option! Girls actually get a bonus start to dribbling vs strength for the boys.

I’ve updated the demo and it will allow name choice, and the beginning of stat creation. It now has view-able stats as you progress!

2 Likes

It’s currently broken. I chose to shoot and got an error.

1 Like

Fixed! forgot a t on the label *facepalm

Would really want to play like starting on AAU team then to Div1 College Ball and to Pro Ball

1 Like

Originally the plan was a high school game, the college and pro game. Now its going to be junior and senior year for high school. One or two years of college, followed by pro. All in one game.

So it sounds like we’re going to be a one and done college player?

1 Like

That or two years. I wanted to do more but I reworked my story a lot to bring it into one story.

Updated 1/28/18

You can now play your first game. I need to know if this method works for playing the basketball games, if not ill have to rework the angle. It’ll be more in-depth later in the story but for now its as is.

• Keep the rapid choice for basketball games
  • Find a different choice system for basketball games

0 voters

1 Like

I found a few typos :

I believe it was supposed to be “You’re so lucky”(this typo appears everytime it’s supposed to say “you’re”)

Maybe “You two stop being so silly”

Was our name supposed to be in capital letters?

I really didn’t get what our mother was trying to say here

Your game is really interesting,just pointing this out so you can fix it!
:confetti_ball: ((Congratulations on almost 6k words)) :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Love the first game but I found a problem

It says brother and sister when I made a girl

1 Like

@majinmike @Ritter
Ill fix these errors and typos tomorrow and get current game functional as can be. Thank you so much for reporting them.

I think I found a bug when you decide to speak up for yourself the game gives you the same outcome that you get when you let your mom speak up

2 Likes

I had the same exact problem

2 Likes

@Dloading @Zodiacwolf01 Can you screenshot what you mean? I tried my play through and I get the different flavor text every-time. That choice mainly effects stats, but should still have two separate responses besides the introduction to Brad.

I think I fixed all other issues. Some typos like You’re will take longer for me to flush out. Once i fully finish the Prologue I’ll read and find as many of these as possible. But feel free to point any more out and ill fix them as I write.

1 Like