Swamp Castle walkthrough?

I think you either win the guards tournament or just have to defeat the winner.

This is the first one I’ve played that I absolutely suck at lol. I mean I stink! Everyone hates me, everyone dies lol

Edit: king adopted me after I complained haha

I helped the king.And later he is killed by an assassin and i became king.

I bought the drink on day 1. But - when Gensa arrives the day after for his inspection - I can’t pick the option “I discovered a bandits liar”.
Did I miss something?

Cool! But how do you befriend the druid?

You have to read trough the history of the lands at the start of the game. (or the resources of the lands, I don’t remember). Then, you have to forbid the farmer to drain the lands because they are sacred.

Here’s how you can declare independence.
Do whatever you have to do to raise your rule till governor’s election.
Also, make choices that show Gensa that you don’t care much for election. Right before election he will approach you.

When this happens ask him to help strengthen your rule (wording might be different).

He will agree. After election he keeps his promise & when time comes you can declare your independence.

2 Likes

Those who want to win governor election & beat rebel forces (Easy Mode)

• You came from noble household (Gives you 500 gold & 1 int)
  • Strongest trait Diplomacy
  • filler options do what you want to do
  • Go for knowing history of castle & region (opens option to talk to druids)
  • Read letter (Gives you 1000 gold. Though a different background also gives you more. I think)
  • Send in visitors & after merchants lays out his proposal give 500 gold (1st option. This will help later)
  • next comes farmer. Deny draining swamp 4th option (reduces farmers but gains druids. Trust me farmers can be bought later)
  • Right, castle repair. Go for additional workers (750 gold left)
  • now choose all three repair options. For village, outer walls & castle. 250 gold left)
  • low taxes (gains peasants)
  • filler option
  • want to know my subjects
  • talk to magincians & offer to buy golden amulet. Then go for 1st option of convincing the magincian. (Gain amulet & with it 1 agility. Lose magician but can be recruited later)
  • visit head guardsmen & ask where they got resources for tournament & tell them to put resources back (Dick move, I know, but you gain 100 gold & every single coin counts!)
  • observe tournament & tell them to fight honourably. Make the winner a Knight. (You gain a knight)
  • visit druids & become friends with them
  • visit merchant, greet friendly & give him 100 gold (Also, by this point your choices has increased merchants to 22) (gold left 250)
  • visit servant & help them (bump in light stat)
  • visit knight & wall
  • go to tavern & guards stop you. Follow these options

Entered tavern (Unlocked Achievement: Fast talker)

• order a drink (you gain knowledge of bandit base)

• walk around make sure order being followed, lecture him

• spend time with advisor & improve leadership by 1

• ask who is it, nice to meet, go to hall

• ok, improved catsle, outer walls, inspired merchants, speed up repairs, good terms with magicians, peoples rescpect, inspired guards.
    (Additional stat check required to also tell Gensa you discovered bandit’s lair. Don’t know which)

• see kingdom summary (don’t increase anything yet. New tax colleted to tune of 832 gold)

• see farmer, ask questions, trust him. Send druid, sell lizard for 200 gold (lose 1 druid)

• tell bandit lair location

• send 10 gaurds after thieves

• give 10 workers (gain 2 healing potions)

• i know few scholars ( gain mages, peasants, fireball spell)

• haven’t thought about

• plan to see stranger, upgrade building of your choice)

• learn from advisor, increase leadership

• go to stranger, conceal dagger, no gaurd

• bring something else (attack)

• Throw dagger, grab dagger, attack with fists, throw dagger at him, shoot fireball, chase, fists, negotiate

• blackmail (gain 1000 gold, don’t send word you gain knights but it’s not worth it)

• send merchants (gain 500 gold, lose some merchants)
    -Filler options (gain 450 gold as result of previous choices & 1 druid)

• kingdom summary, recruit 10 archers, 20 farmers, 10 workers

• offer innkeeper

• everyone inside, defend, volley, mage, mage again (you’re safe but lose 2 mages & a couple of archers)

• save wounded, reassure, diplomat felspar all the way (gain 1000 gold from merchants for negotiations)

• hire 10 more farmers for good measure ( 3000 gold in treasury at this point)

• low taxes, see peasant, give village yield (lose 15 farmer but gain peasants)

• negotiation, neutral location, no guards, felspar advice, bring druid, normal cothing, normal table, kingdom’s flag, bring knight, study barbarian culture

• welcome him, speak first, keep talking, give food (lose 10 farmers)

• increase leadership

• kingdom summary,do what you want (i don’t recruit anyone. 3842 gold left)

• meet Gensa, candidates

• Decide to run for election

• talk to Gillian, bribe with merchants (gain 4 votes)

• give speech (gain 2 votes. Total 6)

• undecided votes, improve economy (lose 10 merchants, roads (lose 10 workers), security (lose 10 guards)
    You are at 10 votes now. So you have already won. For good measure

• provide food (10 farmers, use noble connections, vounteer militia)
    You are at 13 votes now. Congrats Governor!
    (Gain 20,000 gold, 20 guards, 5 knights, 1 mage from king)

• focus on military, minor aid, reward lords, write to king

• completely restructure military

• i knew your father, choose to help, send felspar to help (gain 500 gold)

• filler option about rebelion, double guards

• remain neutral, close gate nothing else, see request, ask what you wish, decide to help but on your terms, let them enter your lands as peasants (gain 100 peasants)

• i made promise, king will understand

• support king
    Now is the time to use all that hoarded gold

• Recruit 25+ knights, 25+ Mages, about 100 or more as archers, rest as guards

• organize volunteer militia, donate troops, sell knighthoods
    BOOM! You have 550+ Men at arms, 25+knights & mages & 100+ archers
    (Also, you need to have high dark stat to conscript)

• Aid general Vero (gain 400 soldiers & more knights. You now outnumber the rebels engaging your forces)

• fire volley
    Note: Here you have to use a strategy to keep your losses low & enemy’s high. To do this you first use your mage to shoot fireball. This will break enemy formation. Now use a charge of guards supported by knights.
    This will result in enemy taking high losses( due to broken formation) & you will take few

Do this one after the other. And keep repeating them till enemy numbers dwindle to less than hundred, then use archers to finish the job. Also you can use archers right after the fireball breaks rebel’s formation

• shield the king with your body
    Congrats! You are now royalty i.e King’s heir
5 Likes

I made it!! My land is independent ! I hade Leadership:1,strenght:2,agility:0,intelligence:2. stealth:2. I started as a former knight and my Light is at 129%.

Ok I noticed I’m really late, but can someone tell me how to get the Fragglesworth the Third achievement?

Also need help with one man army

I believe you need rule:20 but I have yet to achieve it.

What is the best background? I know being a Nobel gives you extra money and +1 int so is that one the best?

You need to vote no when they are voting, and then decline Gensa’s bribes. One of the member’s will be poisoned. Use that against Gensa, you will have a better chance to become leader.

So it seems that if I am in good terms with the magicians in Swamp Castle, I unlock some dialogues with them in the beginning of the game. When I ask about the staff, instead of demanding it, I ask for it. I see that the press it further option is blurred. Is there any way to unlock that? I’ve only done it once and I missed the achievement. What can I do to get the achievement and how?

@moderators Please could say him to not spam threads about same game over and over and use One for all the questions?

When it comes for civil war and you side with the king how do you win? I tried everything and nothing works. Is there some walktrough?

1 Like

Oh, well, I played the game a lot of time ago, but I hope this helps.
So, basically, if I remember correctly, when you prepare for the war with the barbarians, you have some choices to, well, prepare. So, when you press the “I’m done preparing” or something alike, you’ll be given the question “Are you sure you want to stop preparing”, or something similar. Press “No” and you’ll see that you’ve gained militia men(don’t remember how many, but it’s a lot), repeat the process. Get up to a good number and you’ll be prepared for the rebels with your invincible militia army.
:smiley:

Can’t give you a full walkthrough (no time for that).
In short:
-you need to help Varo (increase your army)
-have some mages (if you have some intelligence it’s more effective)
-archers are pretty useless.
-charge with your men is good (especially if you have high strength).
-never send only your knights, send them with soldiers.
-once your army>the rebel army, don’t bother attacking, just send all your troops and you will win.

They seem to have fixed this glitch, at least partly. I am able to get unlimited militia by doing this for the barbarian fight (i finished at 3000 men). But after that fight, you loose them again.

3 Likes