Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

yes
20 accurate characters

Wolverine has a very similar storyline too, it straddles Fallout NV where he knows who he is for the most part. The Courier didnā€™t have amnesia per se either. If Iā€™m remembering NV correctly as well. You had a quick recovery time and had a decent idea of who you were chasing.

Wolverine does know thereā€™s a hole in his memory and is one of the big things that drives him and causes him to continue to be with Professor X.

The Bourne series does it as well. Jason has no idea who ā€œheā€ is but retains the muscle memory and skills of his military/assassin training. Eventually, with time, he remembers everything.

So, as much as I hate using some tropes, your memory has holes in it too. The ā€œhow it got there and whyā€ is something that you will be discovering in bits and pieces. The clues will be scattered throughout the chapters. Also, I need to say that some relationships will also be affected by your knowledge of yourself as well.

3 Likes

At least it isnā€™t the trope where the guy dates the girl who isnā€™t right for him, but when a girl drops her papers the guy helps the girl. Eventually, they touch hands, and bam they instantly love each other.

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m saving that for Lexi, except instead of papers it will be ā€œadult beveragesā€¦ā€ :smirk:

(Kidding, kidding.)

1 Like

When my notifications showed up for the comment all I saw was this

I almost threw my mouse across the room.

1 Like

Fear not, young one. Her intro involves no tropes. Unless you know of any other story that talks about how you literally cannot get a ā€œreadā€ on her because she does not have a device that helps people use their cybernetics and neurally surf the web at the same time.

1 Like

Yea i know of a story that does that. I believe itā€™s called Supra Humanum made by @IronRaptor

There is a keyword that you might have missed, @Cajun_Turk.

Doesnt that happen in deus ex

There are no romances in Deus Ex. Jensen reads his emails through the PC. I forget about Denton though, does anyone want to remind me?

I can tell you for sure where another story does that is the future game I am going to make.

pretend a gasp

how do you know it!?

cogh remember Vergil cough cough

PD: And @IronRaptor if someone have nano machines can we hacking him/her? ( like in Metal Gear and ā€œTurn offā€ )

1 Like

Nobody else has nanites in them. Hacking nanites directly in say, an oxygen scrubber or exo suit would require a high hacking capability.

If you mean a scenario where while still inside your own mind, your main character wrestles with the A.I. for control? Thatā€™s interesting!

1 Like

Well no actually what I think he meat was that AI manages to keep your body alive but mentally ( imagine wolverine ) you are a blank state

1 Like

whistles innocently

That scenario has been considered.

However, the good dungeon master is right in this particular case.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t you seen my profile pic.

The DM is always right until the DMā€™s SO becomes involved. #reallifegaming

3 Likes

On the inside :laughing: outside :no_mouth:

1 Like

Are you sure? If I find there are thenā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦