Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

That’s a new one on me. From first impressions, the shape reminds me of a Roman gladius. From the 20" length that I’m seeing, I wonder if it’s more short sword and less knife. (Even though Google tells me it’s literally “knife” in old English.)

1 Like

Well there are many factors that decide a knife from a sword. The thickness of the blade, hilt size, intent of it, geometry of the blade and many more factors than just length.

1 Like

It was the “all-purpose” knife of its day - much like the Bowie is used for lots of different things from chopping to gutting …

Its length varied throughout the centuries but most blades were 10"-12" with a tang of about 12" - the geometry supported its general purpose usage by strengthening the blade for chopping but the blade’s curvature is (like the Bowie) great for cutting too.

Edit: “Long Seax” is a hybrid but a “short seax” is the original:

5 Likes

Huh, I’ll see if I can pull up some more info on it and give it some research. Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Team Stealth stat check!

It’s definitely a knife.

Today’s inspiration -

or

Take your pick.

I really want to be coding the hand-to-hand combat by the end of today.

In other news, I will be implementing stealth as a stat. Tracking will start once we get to the warehouse. (Soon, I hope.)

1 Like

I shall bathe in the blood of his interrupters!!

Also, Jeet Kune Do… <3 I read an interview of Chuck Norris where he said that if he and Bruce Lee had actually fought, that Bruce would have mopped the floor with him. Bruce was just far too fast, which lends credence to the rumors that I heard that when filming Bruce’s fight scenes, he had to slow down to half-speed and they used special film to capture his movements, otherwise it would be just blurs or it would look like he never even moved.

2 Likes

Exactly. As much as I love Chuck Norris and what he’s done for martial arts, Lee’s thinking and fluidity had way more impact in a shorter lifespan.

While some initial physical strength will be given to the MC if the player goes down the martial arts path, I’m more inclined to make it a speed-based skill. Speed and movement were the two greatest components that were drilled into us at the school I went to when I was in my early 20s.

I might also include some jiu-jutsu for takedowns as well. It won’t happen as often but it is another option. (Personally, I wish I had experience in Muay Thai or Krav Maga. :heart_eyes:)

3 Likes

Yes let the hand to hand rule all Hahahahaa!

4 Likes

I cannot give Mola Ram enough likes.

How would you feel if you could punch a hole in one of the fighters from Chapter 1?

2 Likes

Dude… stop it before I think you’re me!! LOL

Oh man… that reminds me of a kung fu comedy from the 2000s… Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

2 Likes

I should’ve specified Brazillian Jiu-Jutsu, if that makes any difference.

Otherwise, I knew you were good person, except for having no moral qualms for killing the Virgin Mary. :sob:

I have watched it.

1 Like

hmm i may like it during one play through style.

1 Like

Hey we can’t start you at Saitama’s serious punch now, can we?

This would be a Bad thing to show that much power even if we were overconfidant.
Edit: no parting the atmo for us

2 Likes

I have one huge question will I be able to decapitate someone with a saw blade gun, or kill someone in a very impractical way ex. Picking them up and throw them into a wood chipper.

1 Like

While that question gives me Unreal Tournament flashbacks, I am sad to say that the answer is: No. I have added in as many weapons as I want to.

1 Like

How about environmental kills. I got a whole bunch of them.

The closest I will get to those will be done via hacking.

1 Like

So hacking an electric saw and cause it to overload sending a flying blade to someone’s head killing them leaving their head to fly up in the air. Then it will eventually hit another enemy in head causing them to be dazed for a while leaving you to perform a final blow.