Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

Oh now i wanna play a game of I never where everyone is drunk i am the only sober person

1 Like

Unfortunately this makes the Mc always the designated driver for the team.

1 Like

So THATā€™S why I cannot get drunkā€¦ everā€¦ not my heritage of German, Irish, Scot, Italian, Russianā€¦ Iā€™ve been bred to be an alcoholic. :laughing:

1 Like

Alright guys, Iā€™ve got real life updates. Iā€™ve started my final semester for this degree program Iā€™m working on. Itā€™s packed with programming classes in various languages so the amount of story productivity may be in flux. I say ā€œmayā€ because I will be spending more time on campus between classes and away from my kid. While I need to get my post-school ducks all in a row, I can get more work accomplished on my story. So, Iā€™m not forgetting this but I wonā€™t be able to write as much as Iā€™d like.

5 Likes

This is awesome! Very well written

1 Like

Apparently, I think some people need reassurances that Iā€™m still alive and writing this thingā€¦

The two remaining guards looked me over, holding their broadswords in defensive postures. My hands were at my sides.
The right hand brushed the hilt of my nanosword, the left touched the hilt of my combat knife. Either weapon would make quick work of these guys. In fact, I didnā€™t have to use a weapon at all against these ā€œnorms.ā€ Really, they were in for a big surprise.

Samanthaā€™s voice came to me, ā€œYouā€™re not going to kill them are you?ā€

ā€œWhy not?ā€ I thought back to her, ā€œThey certainly want to kill me.ā€

8 Likes

HE ISNT DEAD!!! And here I thought all your more recent posts was some one taking over your account

1 Like

Iā€™ll let the poll speak for itself.

• I want an update NOW! (Not happening but I will be amused.)
  • I want an update by the end of the weekend.
  • I want you to finish chapter 2 before I read more of this work.

0 voters

I think itā€™s up to you

Of course it is. However, Iā€™m curious to see what people want. Iā€™m making a lot of progress at the school library, so Iā€™m tempted to post for everyone.

1 Like

@IronRaptor How far in writing chapter 2 are you currently? That may influence my vote :slightly_smiling_face:
Liking the game so far though and romancing the AI seems interesting :joy:

just for the lols (20 character)

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer to read a chapter at a time. I tend to replay from the beginning to remember where I am, so it doesnā€™t make sense to keep coming back for smaller updates. But then, I could just wait until youā€™ve got a chapter posted either way

Thank you very much. It will be interesting, I hope.

Chapter 2 is going to end when you capture Williamson. So itā€™s likely going to be longer than Chapter 1 (Heaven forbidā€¦) Right now Iā€™m pushing to get my main paths through the initial confrontation with Williamson and the first melee fight that you will be in. Afterwards you will be at the warehouse where the real fun begins.

You may (or may not) get into a few more fights before the actual takedown of your quarry. I also want to get an inventory system in place but I may just write the story and then play around with the mechanics later. There is also a chance that you will be fighting more mechanized units as well, depending on choices. I really need to get an achievement system going for these takedowns.

Anyways, tldr youā€™re about 1/4-1/3 of the way through.

1 Like

@Vergil16 - I summon you here. I have an important task for you, on this 1300th post.

Achievements are really easy to code, I was surprised. The trick is deciding where you want them!

Thanks for replying so fast :slightly_smiling_face:
I agree with this statement:

So I donā€™t mind waiting till you finish chapter 2, lots of new content is worth the wait.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m waiting to see how many ā€œcoolā€ scenes I come up with as well as other things that I find achievement worthy. Iā€™ll just say ā€œsoon.ā€

No problem, I typically lurk in the forums around this time of night. Iā€™ll just give a fair warning, it might be until early next month. Weā€™ll just see how productive I am.

1 Like

enter to the thread with black glasses and hard Rock

you need my help chief?

3 Likes

Indeed my friend. The time has come. With people like Cajun starting to join in the madness that is the Kingdoms thread, I wish to have some fun over here as well.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of RO warā€¦

1 Like