Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

Naa, don’t worry about me.

I’m well aware of such things (also the reason why I went from being theoretical science into practical sc.)

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNEwniAm7c

You’re welcome. Imagine a dark Back to the Future/Doctor Who Sci-Fi hybrid with deeply philosophical undertones.

1 Like

IMG_1384

2 Likes

Me gusta Eureka. I miss those days of the Sci-Fi channel.

Does school teach you how to think outside of the box, and help you invent things because my school doesnt.

Every time I come back to this thread, there’s at least 20 more responses… I can’t keep up! (I need to finish the latest update, too – and send you some typoes @IronRaptor, mostly with AI pronouns.)
@Cajun_Turk and @Sophia - I wouldn’t have guessed you were so young, either! Was considering changing the age of my MC at the beginning of the story - sticking with 15 now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Actually I was interested in quantum mechanics, general relativity, time travel, etc, that young as well, it’s just been a while (college student here).

Are you working off of today’s update or yesterday’s? The latest one should have overhauled the pronoun system.

:pensive: Very thankful I was homeschooled. Don’t let low standards discourage you!

2 Likes

Let’s have a moment of silence for the sci-fi Chanel…
:cry: …and we’re back to the convo :smiley::innocent:

1 Like

Don’t get me started with the recreation of plasmathingymabob-gun!!!
:point_up_2:t4:

Edit: Oh, I was trying to point at the plasmathingymabob-gun

Oh, dayum. Is this the same animation where the ending is “trust the uncle or let the world be destroyed”?

Ah, yesterday’s. Will check out the new version. And thanks for the save function!

1 Like

I was homeschooled as well. Unfortunately, I lived in the middle of nowhere so my social abilities were stunted for a long time but I was leagues above my peers in scholastic and “real life” capabilities.

1 Like

The world has never been destroyed (per se). They run with the infinite universe theory a lot and jump around from place to place. The show is so screwed up but it’s freaking hilarious. They have a lot of celebrity voice cameos between episodes.

You’re welcome! Figured I’d make playthroughs easier.

Arriving at college, I realized I was more comfortable talking to adults than my peers (though I was also terrible about asking teachers for help; used to solving problems mostly on my own). Getting better now. Just needed to dive in and act natural and not worry about being perfect all the time :smirk:

Already have been discouraged. My standards have left me with zero friends, lack of social skills, and constant harassment from peers. Right now all I am is just an empty husk full of regrets and bitterness.

Fight it! (I have a sudden urge to quote Twenty One Pilots at you :smirk:)
It’s hard to send encouragement over the internet… Maybe you’ll have better luck making friends outside your peer group? I’ve realized that getting a job that forces me to talk to people has helped my confidence and social skills a lot, too (though not brave enough to get a job talking on the phone yet!). It helps to have a context to start conversations.

Being self-sufficient is a skill that isn’t taught in Public HS. It’ll come in handy but it’ll make you hate any and all group projects because you realize that YOU are the one typically carrying the group. (My own experience.) Kids these days just aren’t equipped to “adult” because the schools aren’t meant to teach these things. It’s a proven fact that the public education system was meant to turn out workers for industry or things of that nature. (Lots of documentation about this theory around the 1920s, I’d have to find it again.) There’s a reason that private and homeschooled kids typically excel post K-12. There are those that function in spite of the system (I’d say because of parents, typically) but I would be curious to see if data matches my suspicions/observations.

How many more years of HS do you have?

1 Like

3 more years of regrets waiting to happen. Also I work in IT so I barely talk to anyone.

1 Like

Ouch. 3 years is too much to try and ride it out solo. Is there any quiz, medieval studies or RP/games club that meets at your school? You need a clique of like-minded people to keep you sane. I went from homeschool to HS at grade 10. That was my solution to keep me sane. Lots of programming classes, make friends with a lot of people in the band and then eventually spread influence.

1 Like

I agree I had 1 friend in high school but we were thick as thieves now over a decade later we consider each other brothers

Granted you might want more than one friend or you know be like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

1 Like