Superstition itch.io Game

title

A simple college student. Those were the words that once described you, and you would’ve shrugged your shoulders in agreement. Your day was a never-ending cycle of the same thing. Wake up, go to class and study, work, visit your uncle, go to sleep, have traumatic nightmares, and repeat for another day. So, it would be an understatement to say that you didn’t sign up for this.

You didn’t sign up for the supernatural, to learn that werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, demons, and angels all exist. You didn’t sign up for the target that now resides on your back, and the list of names that have you to blame for their untimely demise. And now, to add on to everything else, an old friend is re-appearing. Everyone has a secret, and you have no idea who you can trust.

Fight and hunt that which goes bump in the night. And avoid those that hunt you for their own purposes. Meet others with their own agenda. The world has shown its true colors, it’s up to you how to deal with it.

• Play as male, female, or non-gender specific, along with transgender choices.
• Romance one of – characters, cause some jealous mayhem, have flings, or stay single.
• Hunt supernatural creatures but be hunted by others.
• Learn the truth of your past, and how it will impact your future.
• Uncover secrets that aren’t yours to uncover.

Link to Completed Game
Patreon l Tumblr

365 Likes

When I was reading this summary I was listening to the song “never be the same” :smirk::+1:. Jokes aside this seems interesting and I would follow it because I like your writing style with villain: the catalyst. Good luck!
Ps: what a great title!!!

5 Likes

1 Like

This is SO DAMN GOOOD! I mean just WOW!!! I could sit here and read it till tomorrow or a week from now on !!!

Sign me up and Take mah MONEY!!!

2 Likes

What are archetypes
And I feel wip has very great potential you really are on the track to becoming a legendary writer

1 Like

RECALCULATE!!

hahahahhahaha…

Oh that one made my day and killed meh lol my friend drive me around alot with this American GPS of her…and since she doesn’t know my area well…she has to use it . But she miss her exit every single time LOL so we hear that damn ‘Recalculate’ so much…I end up having an arguement with the gps…to shuttup XD

1 Like

Hell yeah!! Count me in!

1 Like

I really like where this is going… poor Chris though.

Summary

I feel like there’s a word missing between these two words. “body?”

exactly

too

Do you remember [name] ?

1 Like

I love this! And it’s so long! Keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

@Umbreonpanda and @Blank thanks for the errors, I’ll go in and fix them.

Also archetypes are going to end up being a title for what your character can end up becoming. It’ll affect some of the game play. For example Chris is an Outsider and Sydero is a Rogue.

And thanks all of you for the support, I’m feeling better about this now. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I love these story you did good job

2 Likes

Hm, the content warning comes a bit late…

In a way, it was almost ironic that he was the first to envelop me in a hug after what happened. We were there for him when he lost his family members, and now he was there for me.

This is the opposite of ironic.

“For once in your life, Sydero, listen to me. Stop this, now,” a proud character with a blade, orders. The figure known as Sydero releases a soft chuckle, even when he was trying to sound like he was in command, it still came off as begging. She rises to her feet and cocks her head, wiping a mix of sweat and blood from her brow.

Who’s talking here? It seems like the second character is talking to themselves.

You wat…

I thought that was a pretty good damn summary!

I just want to be friends with everyone here. Oof.

2 Likes

I may not be the best, or even very good, at the main stats but just you wait, I will get all dem secret skillzzz

nervous chuckling yea my friend pointed that out to due to the prologue. But also how does the second character seem like they’re talking to themselves?

2 Likes

The paragraph starts out talking about a proud figure with a blade talking to someone named Sydero, but we have no idea who anyone is yet. Then in the same paragaph it immediately changes subject to talking about Sydero, then in the middle of that sentence it changes again to talking about the guy again from Sydero’s perspective. It switches subject so many times in quick succession that it’s really easy to get confused. Especially since it’s the first time we’ve encountered either of these characters.

4 Likes

sniffs beautiful.

Loved the demo, was funny having everyone call me Not Known

Also , the option to play as trans and having discussions in game about it sound amazing.
Can’t wait to see more of this game :smiley:

4 Likes

So this is my very first post ever but I’ve been playing these games for years. I also played and enjoyed your Villains demo and really like your ideas and writing style. I love this one so far. I am a sucker for supernatural themes and got very drawn in to the emotion of the scenes. I really think you have something great to work with here. The only hiccup I had with it, aside from a few grammar errors, were these choice options:

I’d been playing the character as very numb/apathetic and there was no explanation for why the MC would suddenly just play along at this point. If you could include a thought process for why they were giving this total stranger an excuse or add an extra option such as “just shrug” or the like I think that would really help with the narration.

In all though, I am already invested in seeing where this goes! Great work!

8 Likes

It’s interesting I hope we become a creature

1 Like