Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

Now this is a pleasant surprise! I look forward to further supernatural shenanigans :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve played this for three minutes and Cameron is already the definite RO in this game; everyone else can step the fuck aside.

I’m loving this; it’s really interesting and I look forward to updates!

1 Like

I’m finding this quite funny to play since my name is actually Cameron, so when Megan introduces you and starts shouting “CAMERON!” I’m sitting there going, “oh shit, what did I do?” then I realised whats going on.

Great game though, I love this take on the supernatural.

3 Likes

I wondered once what I’d be like to have the MC share a name with another character :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game :smile:

1 Like

@Rebelgirl That’s a relieve then :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could always program it not to accept specific names. That’d be and easy add-on.

*if name = "Cameron"
      That name is unavailable, please choose another
      *goto nameselct

Or something of that effect.
*edit: kinda expected indents to carry over, but whatever

2 Likes

Pro tip: Use the ‘Preformatted text’ button (the </> looking one) instead of the ‘Blockquote’ one.

You watch supernatural don’t you?

Just played the demo. I guess it’s early to be excited, but I can’t help it. :grin:

I like the characters, especially the MC. So often the MC feels kind of bland, and that’s a side effect of these games, but the options we have in this game inject so much personality into her.

I had a lot of fun eyerolling, and snarking my way through the demo. I can’t wait for more.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!
{Doctor will remember that}

That’s just not working for me… But I think they can figure out the indentage on their own anyhow

Edit: You’ve possessed my thread and made it fixed! That freaked me out for a sec before I remembered that you’re a mod

1 Like

You need a blank line before and after the code, or else the indentations won’t show.

Okay, thanks
{Doctor will remember that}

@Doctor Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile: I’ve told @Roxy about it.

@matt_smith I’ve watched the first season and some of the second season so far. Out of curiosity, what exactly made you think I do? The hunting monsters stuff?

@Camille622 I’m glad you like the MC! I’m trying to give the players as much freedom as possible in shaping their MC. I can always trust @Roxy to come up with some snarky, sarcastic lines :wink:

1 Like

Actually it was that one of the surnames in you game is Winchester. As in the two brothers. Still love the game so far. But add two or three chapters to the demo and you’ll get more people interested. (Just a thought)

I actually forgot I added Winchester as a surname option (along with other surnames from Roxy’s and my obessions) :grinning:

1 Like

There you go then you were subconsciously getting your inspiration from all things supernatural. Lol

2 Likes

writing about the supernatural usually makes you forget about the living, as I found out whilst writing a story for my English and accidently forgot the human main character so it happens

Hello, guys. Here’s the UPDATE. Half of chapter 2 is up. The link on the first post has been updated.

Sorry it’s a bit late, we wanted to update last night, but @Roxy has been busy with school projects, so it took her longer. We’ll try to upload the rest of the chapter in a week or two at the latest.

Enjoy :blush:

6 Likes

I remember reading this last year. So glad you’re back! :blush:

Found some typos:

• Maybe I can get Lenny to let me sell his blood- vampire blood is knows to be good at healing. (known)
  • He gave his sister as soft smile and she grinned, obviously proud. (a)
  • “So, you’re first case it one I’ve already begun working on, but I want you to finish it.” (your and is)

Good luck! :wink:

1 Like