Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

What dinner is it? The Christmas dinner at Mc?

1 Like

Yes!

2 Likes

Holiday dinner but the the food is up to headcannon

I admit I’ve never been to NYC so if there’s anything that doesn’t sound like what a New Yorker would say, please let me know and I’ll fix it! So it’s the Bronx? :eyes:

7 Likes

Hey New Yorker here, yes it’s called The Bronx

6 Likes

Also a New Yorker and can confirm the one above. Also yo my fellow New Yorker :neutral_face::facepunch:

3 Likes

Nice update! I saw some more typos and will send you a list when I get a chance.

Geez, the Grey fight hurts. My MC isn’t into the drama, but she’s quickly getting fed up with him and his attitude. After he left, she showed everyone else around the house and Bill is looking more and more appealing to her. Then, she gets home and Grey is there. Mr. “sex will fix everything” got what he wanted, but I’m not sure how long that’ll last. Kinda makes me wish Grey had seen Bill pecking her on the cheek at her parents’ house! He’d better get his shit together or she’ll be hopping on the Bill train, which I’m sure will also be a wreck, lol.

Since I have a screenshot:

My MC named her dragon Screamy, so I think you must’ve hard-coded the dragon baby’s name. Haven’t checked yet to be sure, though.

7 Likes

Some what+?

Does this mean there has been another update in the last month? That’s when I last played the game.

@EvilChani Thank you!
Cam and mc are talking about mc’s plushie in the screenshot. Unless it goes on to say that’s the same name the pet dragon has, it’s not a bug. The plushie is called Scaly as a nod to a dragon in the Bastard of Camelot.

@ArchivistAlpha096 The demo was updated a few days ago.

6 Likes

Hello! Found a bug. I’m playing as a male romancing Dom but he referred to me as his girlfriend.

Also, not to nitpick but I have been seeing the word “friendly” used as an adverb occasionally. I get what you mean but this might be something you’d like to look into for your next revisions.

Otherwise, I love the story! Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ll fix it as soon as I can!

3 Likes

I kinda wished that there would be a chance to meet Evenlyn and the sword lady earlier. I also thought a cheat mode would be cool.

Really enjoying this so far.

One small note- playing as a male MC, but most of the options given for clothing for dinner at the parents’ house are very feminine.

8 Likes

I definitely noticed this and thought it was just me. I’m glad I’m not crazy and I second this.

12 Likes

@TheOfficer I’ve said this before, but I really don’t see the point of a cheat mode. The game is relationship focused, and it’s easy to make choices based on your stats, as I try to make the choices as explicit as I can.

@Guntram Thank you! I thought blouse was gender neutral enough, but I decided to change the blouse and trousers to shirt and chinos, hopefully it sounds more gender neutral.

I added a very small update with Vesper!

19 Likes

Let me just start by silently screaming how amazing this WIP is and stating the fact that I’ve now done 4 playthroughs lol

For the type of combat your looking for with the shotguns, instead of bullets use the word slug. Shotguns use shells instead of bullets unless it’s a solid projectile, then it’s called a slug. For a shell they release pellets. That’s my only nitpick though. Some minor spelling issues but it’s a WIP those are bound to happen. I was confused about why we have a swordsmanship stat if we never use a sword though. Just a curiosity

8 Likes

Checking in on this after a long while. Interesting updates… Ooo, a villain romance? :eyes:

“Two consecutive rounds” works, and you don’t need to specify the ammo type for that. For dragon hunting, you’d probably want something meant for large game with a lot of stopping power, buckshot at the very least… I dunno, shotguns are illegal for large game around here :woman_shrugging: But if I had to hunt dragons, I’d just get an AMR or something in the elephant hunting calibers, lol.

5 Likes

A 10 gauge slug would probably work fine lol

2 Likes

I guess it depends how tough the dragons are, considering how varied they are in mythology and fantasy. :thinking: Are the scales tough enough to require more armor penetration and such? (okay drifting from the story a bit to a general topic maybe)

Eh, maybe it’s because urban fantasy + dragons = shadowrun to me. And you sure as hell ain’t killing those dragons with a 10 gauge, lol.

5 Likes

They DO make armor piercing shotgun slugs. And the way the story words it is more like the metal from the round itself weakens the dragon. After all we took it down in like what 2 shots?

2 Likes