Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

I love the humour and narration style of this game, it just cracks me up. Sarcastic dialogue options are brilliant too, I really enjoy the personality conveyed by each choice. You can be arrogant, humble or meek. Quiet, chatty. Sarcastic, serious. The lore and background information really enhances the fun too, I love supernatural stories like this and every time a new supernatural creature turns up I get excited. There’s a great world to explore. Thanks for a good read!

2 Likes

This story has its own balance of humorous narration and dead serious plot
Just like what @Sleepyowl said, there’s a lot of options for personality sets that depends on your choice
I feel that my MC will be the straight man throughout all of this…I think XD
I also like this WIP because of one thing…I get to be a SNIPER and HYPNOTIST! Freaking yes!
Ahem, anyway, keep up the good work. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi guys! UPDATE The link has been updated with all of chapter 3, enjoy! You can find the link in the first post.

@Baam You’ll get to kick some dragon ass (or maybe the dragon will kick your ass :wink: )

@Sleepyowl @Noirix Thanks :blush:

18 Likes

Thanks for the update, even though my go to directional policy failed. If I’m ever given a choice between left or right I’ll go left so I kind of wrecked my paper charm. What happened there? I thought left was right and right was wrong? :wink: You’d think being superstitious would pay off in a supernatural themed game. On a serious note though, there was a nice amount of variance in the dragon fight, I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome I got. Thanks again!

1 Like

I updated the title for you :slight_smile:

Yay, update! When the choice of taming the dragon came up, I just couldn’t resist it. Stupid dragons and their awesomeness.

2 Likes

I think you got the pockets mixed up.
It said fireproof charm was in the right pocket and signal charm was in the left pocket.

But here it says that was wrong. I reached into my left pocket for the signal charm but it says this was the fire charm.

5 Likes

I’m glad you noticed that, I knew left was always right. My faith in directional guessing has been restored and that was my only problem. All in all, a great update.

3 Likes

Oh dam I wanted that dragon :sob: so bad

3 Likes

@Roxy has added the choice for a nickname in chapter 1 and edited the pocket misunderstanding. When I was writing, I forgot which pocket was which.

@Sleepyowl Actually, right is right! :grin: Sorry for deceiving your faith in directional guessing. I’m glad you liked the dragon fight, there were so many ways things could go that I lost track and got confused :open_mouth: i was on the point of shutting the laptop and calling it a day, but i really wanted to finish the fight so i gave my best

@Baam Thanks for the edit! I couldn’t resist putting a taming the dragon option. I’ve had a thing for dragons ever since I watched How to train your dragon :dragon:

@DemonArcher13 Thanks for the catch! It’s fixed now.

@Harley_Robin_Evans You may be pleasantly surprised in chapter 4 :smirk:

3 Likes

Hi! I’ve been enjoying the advances of his game quite silently, but today I was testing a new MC with the update and noted an error. When you have the selections of the MC’s skills, choosing that you’ve learned hypnosis raises the Persuasion stat and not the Hypnosis one.

2 Likes

I tried the nickname option and I got an error.

Sorry, I feel like I keep pointing out everything wrong with the story or coding (which is hardly anything at all!)

1 Like

@Nami Hi Nami! I’m glad you like the game :blush:Thanks for catching that, I’ll have Roxy look into it.

@DemonArcher13 The nickname choice really baffles me. Roxy said it worked but when I tried it I got the same error, then I tried it again some time later and it surprisingly worked…I’ll tell Roxy about it. Does the choice without a nickname also cause an error? Also, please keep on pointing whatever mistakes you find :smile_cat: it’s really helpful

It was only the nickname option that caused an error. Everything else worked smoothly.

I had no problem with the nickname choice, weird.

Really? That is weird. I tried choosing a different gender, pre-chosen names, ect, and I’m still getting the error.

I’m getting the same nickname error.

I really enjoyed the update and I’m glad I got to make friends with Hou

2 Likes

I already loved this game so much and now with this update, I can love it some more. :smiley:

I specially loved the dragon taming part, which my character did very well. I hope we can stay with the dragon since we bonded. Maybe we can do some sort of ritual to mix ourselves with the dragon and he stays like a tattoo in mc’s body like one being and when we need them we just summon him or something like this. Well… At least I can dream, hm? XD

Anyway… I can’t wait for more action and more time with the teammates and our chosen ro. :3

1 Like

Reminds me of the movie “Elektra”
That would be cool though

1 Like

@Nami @DemonArcher13 @Reimi-Lyn Roxy and I don’t understand what’s wrong- it seems only some get an error. We’ll try to sort it out.

@Zeus I’m glad you like Hou!

@Nexus I’m happy you enjoy the game :blush: Taming the dragon is my favorite option, as well. I just love dragons. And your idea sounds quite interesting. I have some more dragons planned in chapter 4 (it’s a surprise so I’m keeping it vague) but I haven’t thought of featuring Hou further. Now I’m thinking of possibilities :wink: Btw, who is your favorite RO so far?

@Drakeye I haven’t seen the movie. In what way does the game remind you of it?

2 Likes