Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

Okay, thanks
{Doctor will remember that}

@Doctor Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile: I’ve told @Roxy about it.

@matt_smith I’ve watched the first season and some of the second season so far. Out of curiosity, what exactly made you think I do? The hunting monsters stuff?

@Camille622 I’m glad you like the MC! I’m trying to give the players as much freedom as possible in shaping their MC. I can always trust @Roxy to come up with some snarky, sarcastic lines :wink:

1 Like

Actually it was that one of the surnames in you game is Winchester. As in the two brothers. Still love the game so far. But add two or three chapters to the demo and you’ll get more people interested. (Just a thought)

I actually forgot I added Winchester as a surname option (along with other surnames from Roxy’s and my obessions) :grinning:

1 Like

There you go then you were subconsciously getting your inspiration from all things supernatural. Lol

2 Likes

writing about the supernatural usually makes you forget about the living, as I found out whilst writing a story for my English and accidently forgot the human main character so it happens

Hello, guys. Here’s the UPDATE. Half of chapter 2 is up. The link on the first post has been updated.

Sorry it’s a bit late, we wanted to update last night, but @Roxy has been busy with school projects, so it took her longer. We’ll try to upload the rest of the chapter in a week or two at the latest.

Enjoy :blush:

6 Likes

I remember reading this last year. So glad you’re back! :blush:

Found some typos:

• Maybe I can get Lenny to let me sell his blood- vampire blood is knows to be good at healing. (known)
  • He gave his sister as soft smile and she grinned, obviously proud. (a)
  • “So, you’re first case it one I’ve already begun working on, but I want you to finish it.” (your and is)

Good luck! :wink:

1 Like

great, can’t wait to read more of the story, even if its only a little bit

1 Like

I laughed hard with this “You’re actually fangirling quite hard right now” . Oh man how I missed this!

1 Like

Some typos/weirdly worded sentences:

“Grey said he could find bottled magic for a smaller price.” Megan commented in a distracted voice, petting something that looked like a droid spider, carefully examining it with her eyes.

“Hmph.” Is Megan’s reply, while crossing her arms over her chest and turning her nose.

So, either Megan is talking to herself or the first talker should be Cameron.

“Who knows from where he takes it? What shady market he wonders…”

Did you mean wanders?

He does seems like the kind of guy, you think as you watch the unfazed genius arranging some brass gears and wiping a wrench on her jeans, while Megan keeps looking revolted by Grey’s activities.

Seem and the sentence is somewhat weird worded. It’s not clear that it’s about Grey until the end of the sentence. That’s confusing. Easy fix would be: “Grey does seem like the kind of guy, you think as you watch the unfazed genius arranging some brass gears and wiping a wrench on her jeans, while Megan keeps looking revolted by his activities.” Although the embedded clause about Cameron still could make things somewhat confusing…

Also I think me and MC will both fangirl over Lucifer :laughing:

But a question: should the answers during the interview with Grey change something at the stats (specific the questions about the abilities)? Because it doesn’t seem so when looking at the stats screen.

1 Like

That kinda take the fun out of it, it’s much more confusing for me to try and figure out who the other characters are talking to. But, it probably would be a good addition to the game.

Hi, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.

@Elynee Thanks for the catches :slight_smile: We haven’t corrected typos in the first chapter, but we’ll try to do it next update.

@Baam @Sammysam I had to add a fangirl option. A friend of mine is his #1 fan. :imp: :smirk_cat:

@Sammysam Thanks for catching those mistakes. :smiley: To answer your question: yes, the stats should change, but there was a misunderstanding. Roxy will make them change in the next update.

@camiedee Roxy’s already thinking of adding it to avoid confusion.

Next update, aside from chapter 2 we will also add a glossary and character description on the stats screen and the option to choose your hair and eye color.

Can someone please tell me how you hide spoilers?

1 Like

[ spoiler ] ADD TEXT [ /spoiler ] and no spaces inside the I made a major mistake in my former response and erased it, oops

2 Likes

oh well mistakes happen, even in the demo which I always overlook since I find it rather rude to point out another’s mistake, and that my friend leaves me as a bad critic

Intrigued by why lentils are attached to Cameron’s goggles, and how they affect the dioptre.

2 Likes

Hi…love this game.

One tiny thing though.

When you go to meet Lucifer, Lamia calls him “Lucy.” It’s cute, and gives a little window into their relationship, but I picked Lucy from the list of names. It made for a confusing sentence or two. If it were a player entered name I’d just call it a.funny coincidence, but since Lucy was one of the listed names it seemed intentional, and how cool would it be if Lamia, or Dom, or even the MC herself had something small to say about that moment when Lucy met Lucy.

That’s super picky though. I can not wait for more of this story.

1 Like

Maybe Lucifer’s Lucy could be changed to Luci? Not the most creative solution but heheh.

well this is interesting, looking forward too where you are going with this.

so far i like the setup, would have like a bit more backstory setup myself but this will do.
also no easing into things lets just start of with mean Lucifer from the get go.

as much i sometime kind of like too wish too live in a world where all that stuff would be real
i would not like too meet Lucifer right of the bat as my first interview

1 Like

@Baam Thanks :slight_smile:

@moonwalkerdragon I don’t mind when mistakes are pointed out- it’s easier to correct them

@UmbraLamia I forgot lens is the English word for it…English isn’t my first language. In Romanian lens is lentila. I searched lentil to see what it is. I’m imagining a pair of goggles with colorful lentils on them now. :smile_cat:

@Camille622 Next update I’ll have Lamia rephrase her introduction for MCs called Lucy. Lucy, meet Lucy. :slight_smile:

@Bob_Rijke I like to start abrubtly and explain things along the way. We’ll add a glossary in the next update which will explain what the sixth sense the team has is, and things about supernatural creatures that appear in the game.
Yes, leave interrogating the Prince of Hell to the rookie. That’s Grey’s idea of a job interview. :smirk_cat:

Hi, guys! Until last night, I had a vague idea of where this game was going, so I started working on the plot. I knew the big case of the game involving a creature called nightmare will be solved near the end, but had no idea what to do in between. So I came up with some cases which you will hopefully find interesting.
Also, @Roxy is now involved in the story and not just coding. :slight_smile: She’s coming up with ideas and I’ve given her into adoption Dominic and Megan, so any questions about them should be adressed to her.

UPDATE @Roxy has just updated the new version of the demo…the name problem is fixed, typos are corrected, we added some new choices which will influence the MC’s relationship with the teammates. Enjoy.

6 Likes