Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

I’ll do a typo run later.

…If Greyson will stop pestering me. Seriously, I hate that guy.

2 Likes

In the scene after speaking with Morgan Atwood, I chose to go with Grey. He calls the MC his “girlfriend” despite the fact that my MC is a guy.

it may be, but considering hes an asshole maybe is not an error :smirk:

2 Likes

Considering that he convinces a woman that The MC is indeed his girlfriend, it’s probably a bug. I mean, I know that the guy is supposed to be convincing, but that is pushing it up too much. Now I wonder what does he say if you choose the non-binary option?

By the way, I also noticed that it’s actually possible to reach more than a 100% in some of the stats bars.

Also, I forgot to mention this before but when you are going to talk with Lucifer it says “Next chapter” instead of “Next”.

And, I don’t know if this is intentional, but the text seems to change between past tense and present tense quite a few times.

4 Likes

@Terrell_Williams I’m glad you enjoy it!

@Voldy Thanks for the catch. It should be pink.

@anon4518890 Thanks :blush: You could try sitting next to her, not sure she’d like it :smirk: Best not to anger a sword-girl

@Pandini I’m glad :smiley_cat:

@War_Doctor Hm that’s odd… Could you perhaps send a screenshot or point me to the exact scene?

@Sammysam That’s a bug. @anon4518890 @MockTurtle Grey is convincing, and he is a jerk, but the woman’s not stupid. It should be significant other for non-binary, and I’m thinking if it should be significant other for all options.

@MockTurtle Skill stats or relationship stats? Thanks for the catches. I keep using the past tense unintentionally because that’s how I usually write; we’ll correct them.

Thank you all for the feedback :kissing_cat:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: thats what i like about her…is there any way to convice her to stay? will she be a ro?
hmmm and since my mc skills are Fighting and Sniper… id be nice to use her in fights lol

You know the momento when we meet her reminds me of this (one of my fav animes) ---->

3 Likes

The solution is obvious:

If “Hey girl” + 3 chapters later = “This is my girlfriend”.
and “Hey, boy” + 3 chapters later = “This is my boyfriend”.
then “Hey, you” + 3 chapters later = “This is my youfriend”.

Logic is fun.

Relationship stats, but I guess it could also happen with skill stats, I didn’t try it.

By the way, if you don’t mind a suggestion I think that the game could become a little bit more exciting if bad decisions could decrease the skill stats.

3 Likes

it will be plain stupid to have decrease stats in fighting, sniper or some ability like that for making a bad decision…
after all your ability is not determine by it, if it were for example decrease stats if you fool around too much and dont train i can accept it, but over a bad choice? nope :unamused:.

5 Likes

I guess you are right, but I still find the cases a little bit too easy. I wonder if there could be a way of making them harder.

2 Likes

Give that person the 10000 dollars.

:laughing: thats why is a wip bro, im sure @Roxy and @Rebelgirl will improve it with time, always remember “Patience is a virtue” :smirk:

2 Likes

I think you meant @sammyboy, not me :wink:

3 Likes

It’s okay–I get us confused all the time.

3 Likes

Some typos an other things I found

[details=Summary]>You are jolted from your daydream- were you starting to drool?- by Dominic’s voice. He sighs and looks at you as if you are a lost cause. I straighten my back and try to stare back into his eyes.

I should be You since this is in second person.

The doctors have a hard time thinking of treatments to help him, but he’s not getting any worst at the moment.

worse

Unfortunately, it doesn’t tell us much about you might be doing it.

who might be doing it.

“We’ll just have to run another field mission in a month than, see how things have changed.

I think that than should be then

“Well, most vamps knew nothing, but some said they’ve heard humans complaining about nightmares, thought is wasn’t something supernatural.”

is should be it

“Once a few days.”

The mc says this when talking with Lenny about how Lenny can’t find his stuff in his mess and he says that only happens occasionally. I think this sounds better as “Once every couple of days.” or something else.

The redhead picks up a pink pen and starts doodling on a piece of paper, “expect for all the talking, of course, I’d be looking crazy then!”

except

That doesn’t sound very well.

This looks a bit strange to me. I’m not sure but I think That doesn’t sound very good would be better here.

Most of my clients are people who’d here about in the supernatural community, some are New Yorkers, some I know personally.

Hear or heard about the supernatural community? Or does he mean people you’d hear about in the supernatural community, as in famous people?

The king-sized bed is roughly made and there are some clothes thrown onto it, and there a New York map strewn on the coffee table.

and there is a New York map strewn on the coffee table.

Dom shallows heavily

swallows

Je cursed me to remain in my sword form

He [/details]

1 Like

Sorry if this been asked before but I’m really confused by the “Pull her into your lap” option in the scene with Meg. Isn’t that technically sexual assault? Not that I’m against it being in the game but it just seemed out of nowhere. Will we face the wrath of Dom? Also I didn’t notice a reduce in the relationship % with Meg.

TLDR: Was Meg secretly pleased by the “Pull her into your lap” option?

3 Likes

Shallow post of the day:

I LOVE Grey. :rose:

Beautiful people can oft be misunderstood, but I secretly hope under his arrogance there are four more layers just like it–Hidden, hidden, hidden, hidden, hidden depths.

In the meantime I’ll keep blushing away, and he can continue to be sweetly fascinated by it…

10 Likes

You and me both. There’s something about getting under people’s skin that gets me everytime.

I have a huge crush for Cam too… tho I think she’s more into swords than into me.

2 Likes

@anon4518890 I didn’t thought of Eva appearing more than she has…Hu wasn’t supposed to make a later appearance either, but he will, so I could work Eva in somewhere, I’ll consider it :slightly_smiling_face:

I heard about Noragami, and I watched half of the first episode, it looked interesting (didn’t watch more because I hardly had time) Yato’s face is Grey’s when Eva gets sassy with him :grin:

@MockTurtle So obvious. Why didn’t I think of it? :joy:
The skill stats from what I saw seem to be under control; the relantionship stats are over 100 because I write how much the stats increase or descrease and Roxy codes, and I don’t keep track of them but we’ll correct it.

@MockTurtle @anon4518890 The skill stats decreasing doesn’t appeal to me either, but I will think of ways to make the cases harder… As djisma69 said, we’re still in progress.

@Sammysam @sammyboy Sorry for the mix up :grin:

@Morphine Thanks for the catches!

@ag-1 Yes that’s sexual assault. The stats are a bit wacky at the moment, so probably that’s why the descrease in Meg’s relationship doesn’t show; she wasn’t at all pleased. I thought of her telling Dom, but I also thought she may let it go- just this time. Dom’s reaction wouldn’t be pretty.

@Quaintrelle There are many layers under his arrogance, and secrets, too.

@pimenita Cam’s a difficult, oblivious one. Maybe if the MC was able to turn into a sword…

8 Likes

With all this discussion about the stats raising too much (I also ended the demo with an above 100 relationship stat with Grey lol), i’m thinking if it could be helpful if the game had two different relationship stats, one for friendship and one for romance. Because it happened to me that I wanted to be nice with all the team but, even if I only chose the friendly options, the bars keep raising and raising so I had to balance it out by choosing some unfriendly and neutral options… which breaks the immersion a little bit (?) It would also help you write some flavored text/scenes as in:

Cam looks at you and 
*if camrom > 50
    blushes
*elseIf camfriend > 50
    smiles happily
*else 
    nods

Related to this same topic, I encountered in the game that you can tell Grey you are “Archenemies with sexual tension” no matter the relationship you have with him, and he will answer the very same way. Which is only one example of many other similar moments in which it seems it doesn’t matter what you’ve said to the characters before, if you say now the correct option they will like you and treat you as a friend/love interest. Which I guess it’s weird? lol
I don’t know if it’s because we are still early in the story, and you want us to build the relationships first and later in the game start testing them but, since we are already getting so high values in the relationship stats, I just find weird that the characters keep treating the MC the same way (?)

PS: Loved the demo, loved that you gives us the option to have a dragon, loved how you resolved the sword mystery and really LOVED the new banter you added with the team. Keep the good work, girls <3

5 Likes

I like the update,can i suggest a n interaction scene with Cam where we get to mess with her inventions but end up giving her an idea

1 Like