Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

Lol. That was a mean cliffhanger. I was so excited for Grey.

5 Likes

I agree, that was unexpected.

Anyway I noticed this in the interview with Grey:

“He tilts he’s head as he looks at you, up and down.”

I think it should be “He tilts his head as he looks at you, up and down.”

Also, I’ve been noticing some funny things. I think I could start a drinking game: take a shot every time a character arches an eyebrow.

But Generally, I liked it and Morgan looks interesting.

5 Likes

Loved the new update, especially the Arthurian theme, the second Morgan mentioned a sister called Gwen I was like, ‘that’s not a coincidence.’ It was a really enjoyable read to be honest, the griffin and hell hound were a nice touch as I always love hearing more monster lore. This looks like it’s going to be a really interesting case all in all, so thanks for a good read!

5 Likes

Why don’t we get to play a NB?

@Karl341 In what way does if feel rushed?
Is anyone else getting this feeling?

@ab2wus :wink:

@MockTurtle Thanks for the catch!

Do my characters raise their eyebrows so often? On a scale from tipsy to alcohol induced coma, how often do they raise their eyebrows? :smiley:

@Sleepyowl I’m glad you enjoyed it! :blush:

@Markel1970A Is the “Hey you” choice not showing in the first chapter?

1 Like

It’s like we don’t get a brake, like the next big case is just a page away, i mean like we dont get to hangout with the team, theres description of hanging out but there’s no interaction, and with the romance its like were always trying to get in their pants in every scene we speak to them, sorry if my feedback is lacking or confusing not really good at giving feedback

5 Likes

I love it already! I can’t wait when it’s finished!

1 Like

@Karl341 It’s true, there’s only been one scene where you can interact with each team member; in chapter 4, after the case, there’s a Halloween party at Lucifer’s bar where the MC can interact with different characters. The MC can also interact with Grey and Dom during the case, depending which route they choose.

I thought the flirting was fine? :astonished: Does it seem so sleazy? I’m just trying to make it playful. I don’t get too much of a sexual vibe, aside from the Grey flirting, but that’s just because Grey likes teasing people.

@Rulien Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

@Rebelgirl Your story was fine, but it seemed a bit hard to strengthen relationships between the characters. I think it would be better if all relationships start from 30-40 % because 30-40 % generally suggests that that particular character is an acquaintance whereas a 10% relationship suggests that that particular character is your enemy. Also 60-80 % means the MC and that particular character are good friends and 80-100 % suggests that they are in a relationship, from what i have learnt in CoG games.
Hope this feedback helps.:grinning:
Also I’m waiting for the story to be finished.:grin:

2 Likes

@Anubhab_Khanra Thanks for the feedback! Roxy changed the stats to 50.

We also changed the clothes choice. There are now more options to choose from.

I really liked it! I just have one question, are we going to be able to have one-on-one personal time with one of the characters we choose? Like, going to a concert with one of the characters? Sorry if it doesn’t make sense!

3 Likes

@bianca_065 I’m glad you enjoy the game! :blush: We’ll edit the paragraphs as soon as we can.

@pizzamarket There will be the choice to socialize at Lucifer’s Halloween party, scenes (like having lunch/hanging out) for each teammember, Morgan and Evelyn which you’ll get only if you have a high enough relationship with them. The scenes can help you learn more about the characters and further your friendship or romance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Um, I just noticed something that (for me, at least) is a bit “odd”, and that is how little we interact with Lenny. I mean, we only interact with him once! Isn’t he supposed to be our best friend? I mean, I always have him be my best friend when I play, and yet I can’t help but notice we only interact with him once. Do we get a chance to hang out with him later on?

Also (and this is only my opinion), I think it would be amusing if in the scene where you are trying to catch his attention with the Harry Potter wand, that he at one point makes a comment on your last name (only if your last name is Potter). When I first played this game, and I saw the wand option, I half expected Lenny to make a comment on my MC’s last name, since I named her Skyler Potter.

3 Likes

@VioletHikari Sorry for the lack of interaction with Lenny; he’ll be featured more in the next chapters, especially in chapter 5.

Thanks for the suggestion! I totally forgot about the opportunity to make a joke there. Just like I did with choosing Lucy as a name and Lamia calling Lucifer ‘Lucy’, until someone pointed it out.

4 Likes

@Rebelgirl Another thing you could do is have the team members making comments when the MC asks Lucifer for his autograph :laughing:

3 Likes

That reminds me of some thoughts I had, in a similar vein. I really like how the mc can choose to be afraid of dogs during the hell hound encounter, and nervous in general about other things, which some games don’t do, but I thought it was weird no one commented when you cower in fear from the dog. Not positively or negatively or anything. It seemed a funny thing for them to all ignore. So yeah, maybe a few interactions with choices like that. It’s handled very well in the beginning already, when you’re being interviewed for example, and you being nervous, sarcastic or bold changes a bit of the response. Maybe just more of stuff like that.

4 Likes

It is ridiculous how delighted I am that this story had been updated. So far, I am really enjoying it and can’t wait to see how the story progresses. :+1:

I agree with what others have said about the need for opportunities to further interact with the other characters in “social” situations, it is hard to feel invested in choices that impact upon other characters, if we have no emotional connection to that character.

6 Likes

@VioletHikari @Sleepyowl @scarlettvee Thank you for the feedback! It helps me a lot. :blush: I’m working on edits for the scenes you mentioned, and I’ll keep in mind your advice.

1 Like

Weird how I managed to miss the update. Oh well.

Anyway, I like the update and where the story is going, but I’m wondering how the game is going to end. There doesn’t seem to be a clear end goal or conflict as of yet, and I don’t know if anyone else brought this up yet, but it has me thinking.

1 Like

@RagEgnite I’m glad you enjoy the game :slight_smile:

As for the end goal: remember the nightmare demon Lucifer brought up in chapter 2 and the posing as journalists the MC did with Grey in chapter 3?

The nightmare is the big bad of the game, the case which will only be solved in the final chapters. More clues about it will appear, and certain choices, stats and relationships will influence how much and how fast you work it out.

7 Likes