Supernatural in New York (WIP) Announcement on post 1442

@Jezzisa_Ambrosio Please don’t ask authors about things like release dates. Usually they don’t know either, and it puts unnecessary pressure on them. (And it’s against the forum rules.) And if you want to post something, please make sure you’re adding something to the conversation. (‘No-content replies’ are also against the forum rules, since they clutter the threads.)

@Rebelgirl Good to see you’re back :+1:

5 Likes

@Cecilia_Rosewood It’s wrong? Oh my God, I’m sorry!!! I didn’t know. I hope this didn’t offend anyone. I can delete it if you want? :slight_smile:

It doesn’t matter a whole lot anymore. Just try not to do something like that again, alright :wink: And make sure to read the forum rules.

@Cecilia_Rosewood I will do just that, I’m kinda new here so again, I apologize :slight_smile: And thank you also.

Welcome back @Rebelgirl

2 Likes

Hello guys! My friend @Roxy and I are back to working on Supernatural in New York. :smiley_cat:

Foremost, we want to apologize for the long wait- we’ve been busy with school, and we didn’t want to open the thread until we had an update to post. The update is expected to be posted today if Roxy manages to finish coding, otherwise she’ll post it tomorrow. It’s not very long- part of the second chapter- just what we managed to do during spring break.

@Jezzisa_Ambrosio No offence taken! I appreciate the enthusiasm :blush:, but it’s hard to tell when the game will be finished. We work at our own pace.

@Cecilia_Rosewood @Terrell_Williams Thanks! :heart_eyes_cat: It’s good to be back.

Here’s a clue for you while you wait for the update. In chapter 2, you’ll be meeting an iconic figure :smiling_imp: He’s a man of wealth and taste, he’s been around for a long, long year, stole many a man’s soul and faith…

17 Likes

Yes , please ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Now this is a pleasant surprise! I look forward to further supernatural shenanigans :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve played this for three minutes and Cameron is already the definite RO in this game; everyone else can step the fuck aside.

I’m loving this; it’s really interesting and I look forward to updates!

1 Like

I’m finding this quite funny to play since my name is actually Cameron, so when Megan introduces you and starts shouting “CAMERON!” I’m sitting there going, “oh shit, what did I do?” then I realised whats going on.

Great game though, I love this take on the supernatural.

3 Likes

I wondered once what I’d be like to have the MC share a name with another character :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game :smile:

1 Like

@Rebelgirl That’s a relieve then :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could always program it not to accept specific names. That’d be and easy add-on.

*if name = "Cameron"
      That name is unavailable, please choose another
      *goto nameselct

Or something of that effect.
*edit: kinda expected indents to carry over, but whatever

2 Likes

Pro tip: Use the ‘Preformatted text’ button (the </> looking one) instead of the ‘Blockquote’ one.

You watch supernatural don’t you?

Just played the demo. I guess it’s early to be excited, but I can’t help it. :grin:

I like the characters, especially the MC. So often the MC feels kind of bland, and that’s a side effect of these games, but the options we have in this game inject so much personality into her.

I had a lot of fun eyerolling, and snarking my way through the demo. I can’t wait for more.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!
{Doctor will remember that}

That’s just not working for me… But I think they can figure out the indentage on their own anyhow

Edit: You’ve possessed my thread and made it fixed! That freaked me out for a sec before I remembered that you’re a mod

1 Like

You need a blank line before and after the code, or else the indentations won’t show.