Nothing

Nothing

2 Likes

I know you said that you aren’t very good in coding, but with lots of trial and error and lots of practice I’m sure you’ll be able to get the hang of it :grinning: The plot itself is interesting, but if someone else were to write the story it might come out differently from what you were thinking and their plot decisions might not line up with yours. Perhaps it would be easier to write the story yourself? I hope I didn’t come off as rude or anything!

4 Likes

No, you didn’t come of as rude at all. Honestly this was what I thought as well when I decided to post this topic here.

Well, I actually tried choicescript at some point but it didn’t work out well.

but if someone else were to write the story it might come out differently from what you were thinking and their plot decisions might not line up with yours.

What I am hoping for is to find somebody who is able to cooperate with me. Well, they might think up something I wouldn’t have dreamt of writing, looking at this in a different perspective may come in handy.

I guess another try with choicescript wouldn’t hurt though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know what you mean. I’ve tried it as well and honestly, I don’t understand the majority of it.

Coding makes the progress of the actual story slower than I’d like and it becomes tedious and difficult to keep up.

I can’t help out, but I hope you find someone willing to take on your project. If nothing else, there is someone developing a visual coder that could help out. Haven’t used it myself yet since I’m waiting for it to be completed, but it’s an option.

1 Like

If you really want it written, just keep plugging away at doing ChoiceScript. It is daunting as all get out for a noob, but I have been slowly working on it and with some pain, some patience, and a buttload of help from the people posting in my help request thread, it is starting to come together in my brain. Not everything, but the basics of variables, choices, indentations and so on. Unless you are worried about the contest, there is no rush so take it easy and do just a little every day or week.

If you are trying to enter, well, then you gotta get in gear! Less than six months to deadline!

1 Like

Thanks for responding! The different perspective part is understandable, and that’s great that you’re gonna have another go at choicescript. The beginning of coding is definitely the toughest part, but I’m sure you’ll do great!!

I look forward to your story when it comes out! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile:

Would you please tell me about that visual coder?

Maybe a link would be nice.

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile:

So I looked at choice script just yeterday to see if it is as difficult as I remember it to be, and I found a problem which of course could be solved.

I don’t have firefox on any of my devices and ghe last time I downloaded it on my computer it got viruses.

At the end my uncle had to delete everything from my computer and then put them on again with protection this time.

Does choicescript work on other browsers?

Because if it does then I could be able to try it out (for real) .

Cside web is really easy to use.

Good to know. Do I have to download it from somewhere?

Nghmm… in term of testing your early game, firefox is mandatory (chrome and safari won’t work. IDK about Opera, tho) :thinking:
*CMIIW

However, there’s this coding tool CS-IDE which have a feature that allows you to “preview” whatever you have write and code so far.

Check out the master list of links for it (and other various tutorials you might interested)

Thank you. This is very helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Np :ok_hand:
Happy to help.

Here you go.

Sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

It’s alright. Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.