Coverart and illustrations by my incredibly skilled godsend of a friend, oldchalk.
After literal months of procrastination, I’ve finally begun work on this ambitious project. Set in a cyberpunk/high fantasy fusion world, you play as an aspiring adventurer-mage in the city of New Treslan, newly accepted into a band of heroes.
My schedule is as chaotic as my mind itself, so I have no idea how often I’ll be updating this, but I hope to get some headway on it at least every few days.
To play the early demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/drdolphinrider/streets-of-treslan-a-stab-in-the-dark-re-reupload/mygame/
- Fixed a bug where day 3 would end prematurely for thanaturges
- Fixed a bug where Krun getting his axe implant would not change a bit of flavor text in night 3 as intended
- Replaced placeholder text for attacks against the Slicer in day 3
- Added director’s cut commentary mode
- Replaced some stray mentions of Energy with Glitter
- Added Day 3, Cut To The Feeling, and Night 3, I’m Just Going To The Store
- Renamed previous Nights
- Achievements exist now
- Zal’s appearance has been changed again
- Retconned Energy to Glitter
- Added Sera Monial
- Added Slice and Dice
- Added Night 1 tram scene
- Scrapped Eyes entirely. She might be making an appearance in another story.
Stealth update 18/7/19
- Updated the prologue
Stealth update 14/6/19
- Replaced the cab scene with a tram scene – just felt like it made more sense – and lowered the gold cost as a result.
- Removed the option to flirt with Mraenis via handholding, because it felt a little weird to me. You’ll get more opportunities to hold their hand, don’t worry.
- Fixed some minor typos.
- The demo now goes further into day 2, which I’m almost done with!
- Zal’s previous design was pretty generic. I’ve retconned it entirely into something a little more interesting.
- The Techtown branch of night 1 has been implemented, bringing two new shops and side characters with it.
- One of four branches of the first free night has been implemented.
- The demo now reaches further into Day 2.
- Revamped the Relationships page of the stats to display both major and side characters, and introduced two new side characters, as well as an early introduction for Jada.
- Chapters have been reflavored as days and nights.
- The story now goes up to the very beginning of Day 2.
- Added the introductions of three new characters; Herala wasn’t going to be in until later in Day 2, but I thought it made sense to bring her intro to the front.
- Added a more overt TAZ reference in one of the default names for female elves.
- The first quest can now be completed. The fight scene doesn’t yet use the combat system I was planning to use; it’d’ve been more work than it was worth for a simpler and smaller-scale encounter like this one. I’ll very likely implement it later on.
- Altered most instances of Mraenis smiling. That wasn’t really in-character for them.
- Very minor detail, but one of the default last names for Dwarves is now ‘Highchurch’, because I’ve been listening to the Adventure Zone.
- Archetypes have been cut, MC is now always a mage. I’ve added the pugilist class to compensate a little.
- Stats screen now lists your class.
- Updated the lore section of the stats screen. Still not done with it.
- A few extremely minor text changes.
- I don’t actually remember which day I made this change, but I put off adding it to the changelog til now. Added Chalk’s art for Mraenis’ intro.
- Implemented class selection.
- Changed up the stats screen a little.
- Implemented the first traces of the magical Energy and cyberware systems.
- Reconstructed the game, as I lost the previous chronx file.
- Added tutorial mode.
- Overhauled gender selection!
- Added option to specify your beast form for all therianthropes except werespiders.
- Completed initial character creation, mostly
- Updated stats screen with fancy categories and such
- Some text fixes, courtesy of @Foxboi
- Added chapter headers
- Mraenis Snaerving, the Glacial Gunner
The vigilant, dutiful and no-nonsense guildleader of the City’s Champions, an Elven cryoturge with an unwavering dedication to their personal code. They can certainly come across as cold in more ways than one, but it’s not hard to find the sardonic wit and golden heart that lie beneath their thorny, brooding front.
- Carson Voland, the Fledgling Fleshshaper
One of your fellow recruits, an inexperienced Human carnoturge with an interest in self-modification. They aspire to become a sinuous killing machine of twisted flesh and steel, but have yet to get much headway in their transformation. Despite their unnerving ambitions and interests, they are one of the most amiable and playful people you might ever meet.
- Krun Derrak, the Watchful Warrior
The third recruit, a cudgel-wielding vulture Birdman whose greatest asset is his perception far more than his strength. He comes across to most as an aloof loner-type, but he just doesn’t know how to be friendly.
- Herala Moretti, the Deathly Detective
A Human arcanist, thanaturge, private investigator, and long-time friend of Mraenis. Both her skillsets make her uniquely suited to deal with the current plot threatening the city, and deal with it she will.
- Jada Orson, the Bloodbound Brawler
A frequent patron of the Adjective Animal tavern, Jada is a Human vampire who fights as rough and dirty as she talks. She can be hard to get along with, but she’s an ally to the Champions nonetheless.
- Giiran Kallask, the Dreamspeaker Dreamboat
A self-described “blues bard” who performs at the Adjective Animal. He’s not all that fond of adventuring and would much rather be working on his music, but this isn’t the first adventure the Champions have roped him into.
- Svangaal “Somnolence” Vanchass , the Molluscan Marksman
A ruthless, calculated, and unflappably professional sniper… When she’s on the job. Once the weapons have been put away and she’s got her gold, all bets are off; this Dreamspeaker lets loose.
- Galen “Threefold” Creed, Hexer-for-Hire
Galen is a Human witch who specializes in hexes and curses. He has a main gig as a hitmage, but has never been able to keep himself from throwing his lot in with the Champions when he learns of whatever new injustice has cropped up.