Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

True, I didn’t consider cheating. Damn me and my straight-laced ways!

On the issue of balance, another thing that I find a bit annoying: during your first training session (following the first fight night), if you chose to train speed or stamina, you actually have to pass a speed or stamina check to get full (or even any) effects. It’s all well and good if you’re simply trying to raise your high stat even higher, but it means trying to raise a low stat is harder in those two cases (you can technically do it with yoga classes with Jane for stamina, and boxing classes with Poe for speed, but that’s not really intuitive).

Finally, another bug, yay! When someone tries to mug you, I got an error message "The_Start line 7605: Non-existent variable ‘angry’ " when picking the “Think up something” option. I also got a similar error message with “Move in fast and grab the gun” option, and it’s possible the other aggressive options would trigger the same one. I suspect that the bug is due to me NOT picking the angry option beforehand, meaning the ‘angry 1’ variable didn’t pop up. Offering him to eat together works just fine though.

It seems your game really, really want me to shoot that guy. :expressionless:

1 Like

If either of those stats are your biggest or second biggest stat and you actually do not have them at at least twenty at that point, you are going to lose. A lot. The point of that is to make the player know if they choose to focus on either of those and not have them at twenty, then there is no point in it. Everyone is likely to just reset and either raise them or go for a different stat then, I put it that way specifically because I know most people are just going to reset so they can realize what to do.

And that bug is fixed, odd we are quite past that and no one has told me about it yet… I guess most people like murder. Perhaps I should add more villainous options in the game.

True, but in order to consistently win, you need more than two stats in the twenties - and this training session is a good opportunity to raise a third or fourth stat to that level in order to pass some tricky secondary checks.

wait… you mean you actually failed that check while you were playing?:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

You mean the 20 speed/stamina during training? Well, no, but only because I’m a cheating cheater who cheats. In some playthroughs, I did consider picking up those training options, looked at what it involved, compared it to my current stats and went “huh, I actually can’t succeed. Annoying, that 10% speed/stamina would have been useful for the next rounds of fighting”.

Lol! Okay, if anyone else sees this problem I’ll change it as none of my social media testers claimed they failed those checks

No problem that’s kinda the only reason I been putting off playing it because a few weeks ago it wasn’t that much so it would be easy to go through but I like “cheating” and getting the best outcome I can get :sweat_smile:

1 Like

SIt won’t let me play the game…

I know.

1 Like

The problem is when ghetto is used it eludes to how a black person acts and black people are not monolithic and I gave options

1 Like

Well I mean you got all types of ghettos. You got white ghettos, Asian ghettos…

When black people say its different and you know that when non black people calls something ghetto its really just pointing to black people being a certain way.

1 Like

Yea but when someone says something is ghetto or your acting ghetto you know exactly what they mean

1 Like

It’s an altered line from a comedy skit. I get EXACTLY what you are talking about. I was being sarcastic

runs way in embarrassment

1 Like

It’s all good. Check out Key and peele on YouTube when you get the chance. The skit is called ‘Country music’

But yes, ghetto is used virtually 100% of the time as a stand in for black(ie. Poor/inferior)

1 Like

Is anyone else having problems starting the demo? Keep getting a error message when I try.

6 Likes

Yep

1 Like

I have the same problem

1 Like

Cant open the demo

1 Like