Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

@anon4518890 what? You don’t lose no matter the outcome ever, what fight are you talking about?

@E_RedMark I’ll check it out!

What are you talking about? Every fight can be won so far - even though the check for the rival’s fight is rather high.

Something I noticed in the code, @Tevin : so apparently, picking up Royal’s gender as male gives the Royal’s value a +5 - which is apparently used to check up later whether or not Royal is male or female. It’s a bit of a weird way to do that, but whatever works. Problem is, I think you mixed things up a bit. Having Royal > 3 sets them up with female pronouns, but can only happen if you picked a male gender.

That is why God decided that mods would be a thing!

Well okay, female romance options being Anomen or Anomen is bullshit. That being said i’m not completely sold on the male romance options either - but at least you have a choice. Ultimately, in both cases, go with the mods!

i mean the last fight or the 3… i always lost no matter what :thinking:

yeah , thanx to mod…I can romance Jaheira . But without them…you are screwed .

Seem like companions talk less to a female then a male .

@Talyrion I don’t know how you figured that out, but oddly trying to set true did not work, it was always set female. Can you tell me which specific part a male is called a female or vice versa?

@anon4518890 Number one aka the third fight can be defeated outright by the first option if you have strength over 29. You can choose every strength option and have your strength at forty for the fight, so that is an easy route.

The other routes give two lower stat checks but you will have to either find them yourself or ask someone else for help :yum:

will give it another go then, hmm the update end after you go to collect the bets? its seems to be in overloop that text

Just played the demo and I’ve got a few things to note:

• I like the idea of the backgrounds, as it makes it feel more tailored, and I saw that earlier in the thread you made the decision to ditch the debuffs since they don’t really work, but it seems you forgot about one. I went with the early discharge from the military due to a bullet wound, and I saw that it gave a penalty to Stamina despite it already being at 0 (obviously).
  • I feel like it was very nice to see a much more challenging CoG game compared to what I’m used to seeing, I hope this level of difficulty keeps us the whole game. Made the fights much more enjoyable since even Jane could give you a run for your money.
  • Does the shopping have any impact? I bought a jump rope, but I didn’t see any stats or things go up. Not saying that it needed to necessarily have an impact, but I’m just making sure that is your intention :stuck_out_tongue:
  • I think someone else had pointed this out already, but I think you switched Royal’s gender to be the opposite of what the player picks
  • Seeing as how we’ve already had a few options to flirt (some of which more serious than others), is there going to be a fully fledged relationship system or is it supposed to just be more of a casual side option?

I’m writing the ending of Royals fight right now.

2 Likes

It’s because I’m magic. :expressionless:

Ok, more seriously, here’s the code:

[quote]#Guy
Royal had a platinum chain that says “Greatness” in big letters and a purple leather jacket on. He has short dark side-swept hair and a goatee on top of his dark skin. His hair is topped with a checkered wool ivy cap. You also notice he has a golden tooth. Overall, he seems quite fit.

*goto parentival
	*set Royal +5
#Gal
	Royal had a platinum chain that says "Greatness" in big letters and a purple leather jacket on. She has long dark side-swept hair and a shiny earring on top of her dark ear. Her hair is topped off with a checkered wool ivy cap. You also notice she has a golden tooth. Overall, she seems quite fit.

*goto parentival[/quote]

So far so good. But then…

[quote]*if (Royal<3)
Your parents always talked about Royals parents, and how they were scum. Apparently your parents and Royals were rivals in high school, and they often were at odds. Royals dad thought your dad was responsible for his brothers arrest and subsequent incarceration, something your father never confirmed nor denied to you. Royals mother stole your mothers old boyfriend and constantly taunted her about it back then, leading her to hate her. Apparently, eventually things came to a head when Royals father arranged a drive by shooting to get revenge on your father, but was unable to actually land a shot on him. Instead he only ended up shooting up your fathers childhood home. As for your mother, she eventually had enough and assaulted Royals mother, and although she ended up getting suspended she still managed to give her a black eye. Your parents on both ends poisoned your minds against each other and sparked the rivalry they had to move on to you two. You never gave him a chance, and he never gave you one.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		Your parents always talked about Royals parents, and how they were scum. Apparently your parents and Royals were rivals in high school, and they often were at odds. Royals dad thought your dad was responsible for his brothers arrest and subsequent incarceration, something your father never confirmed nor denied to you. Royals mother stole your mothers old boyfriend and constantly taunted her about it back then, leading her to hate her. Apparently, eventually things came to a head when Royals father arranged a drive by shooting to get revenge on your father, but was unable to actually land a shot on him. Instead he only ended up shooting up your fathers childhood home. As for your mother, she eventually had enough and assaulted Royals mother, and although she ended up getting suspended she still managed to give her a black eye. Your parents on both ends poisoned your minds against each other and sparked the rivalry they had to move on to you two. You never gave her a chance, and she never gave you one.[/quote]

The masculine paragraph is tied to the Royal value being below 3, instead of more than 3. To fix it, you can either switch the < to >, or move the +5 value to the female option.

EDIT: urk, formating screwed the quotes pretty bad. Well, you should get the jist of it anyway.

1 Like

I’ll take care of the debuff

Yup, and you should see what I have planned for the next club

Yes, I thought not saying what the purchase did would make it harder but do you think i should state it?

I’ll check that out momentarily

There will be both an option for one-night stands and for a significant other. Be careful who you sleep with though, some may come back to bite/assist you

No, I think it would be better the way it is, but it didn’t look like my stats changed at all. I might’ve just made a mistake and not seen the increase though.

I originally had it that way, but it had the opposite effect of switching the genders. I just went and looked now and oddly, I did NOT see it call the guy a girl. I agree it makes NO SENSE, but the game seems to be doing the opposite.

I had the opposite happen with me, I chose to make Royal a gal and it used male pronouns.

Hey quick question, will you add a save option ?

1 Like

Alright yeah I’ve looked, it seems like the game is completely ignoring the status check. When I put it (Royal>3) it gender locks to female no matter the choice despite the fact I have the *else there, and vice versa. @pizzamarket encountered it when I put it (Royal<3) and it gender locked it male

@Talyrion You are my only hope because I really don’t want to gender lock Royal, here’s the code. Tell me what to do. It’s a long one.

“Well, look who it is.” You are interrupted from your thoughts by a snarky voice. Looking to your left, you come face to face with someone you really didn’t want to see. The greatest enemy you have, Royal.
*line_break
Royal and you have hated each other since the two of you were in elementary school, and you have always tried your best to avoid them. What gender are they?
*choice
#Guy
Royal had a platinum chain that says “Greatness” in big letters and a purple leather jacket on. He has short dark side-swept hair and a goatee on top of his dark skin. His hair is topped with a checkered wool ivy cap. You also notice he has a golden tooth. Overall, he seems quite fit.

*goto parentival
	*set Royal +5
#Gal
	Royal had a platinum chain that says "Greatness" in big letters and a purple leather jacket on. She has long dark side-swept hair and a shiny earring on top of her dark ear. Her hair is topped off with a checkered wool ivy cap. You also notice she has a golden tooth. Overall, she seems quite fit.

*goto parentival

*label parentival
*choice
#Your parents hated each other
*if (Royal<3)
Your parents always talked about Royals parents, and how they were scum. Apparently your parents and Royals were rivals in high school, and they often were at odds. Royals dad thought your dad was responsible for his brothers arrest and subsequent incarceration, something your father never confirmed nor denied to you. Royals mother stole your mothers old boyfriend and constantly taunted her about it back then, leading her to hate her. Apparently, eventually things came to a head when Royals father arranged a drive by shooting to get revenge on your father, but was unable to actually land a shot on him. Instead he only ended up shooting up your fathers childhood home. As for your mother, she eventually had enough and assaulted Royals mother, and although she ended up getting suspended she still managed to give her a black eye. Your parents on both ends poisoned your minds against each other and sparked the rivalry they had to move on to you two. You never gave him a chance, and he never gave you one.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		Your parents always talked about Royals parents, and how they were scum. Apparently your parents and Royals were rivals in high school, and they often were at odds. Royals dad thought your dad was responsible for his brothers arrest and subsequent incarceration, something your father never confirmed nor denied to you. Royals mother stole your mothers old boyfriend and constantly taunted her about it back then, leading her to hate her. Apparently, eventually things came to a head when Royals father arranged a drive by shooting to get revenge on your father, but was unable to actually land a shot on him. Instead he only ended up shooting up your fathers childhood home. As for your mother, she eventually had enough and assaulted Royals mother, and although she ended up getting suspended she still managed to give her a black eye. Your parents on both ends poisoned your minds against each other and sparked the rivalry they had to move on to you two. You never gave her a chance, and she never gave you one.

*goto middleschool
#You were always more popular then they were
	*if (Royal>3)
		Back in those days, you were always with your group of friends while Royal was alone. Royal was a bully in pre-school, always talking down to everyone else, even your teacher. This is probably something that she was taught by his own parents as you also heard Royals mother and father were not popular with the other students parents. You never really found out why. Well, when Royal found herself alone in elementary school while you were still hanging out with the friends you made in pre-school Royal began to hate you.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		Back in those days, you were always with your group of friends while Royal was alone. Royal was a bully in pre-school, always talking down to everyone else, even your teacher. This is probably something that he was taught by his own parents as you also heard Royals mother and father were not popular with the other students parents. You never really found out why. Well, when Royal found himself alone in elementary school while you were still hanging out with the friends you made in pre-school Royal began to hate you.

*goto middleschool
#You were always smarter than they were
	*if (Royal>3)
		In school, royal struggled heavily with writing. Royal did not have much trouble in the other subjects, but in writing she was absoultely terrible. You, on the other hand, were quite adept. You were reading before everyone else and writing words they had no idea how to pronounce, much less spell and write out. Some of other students were envious and did not like you, but Royal took it to a whole different level. Royal absolutely hated you, and would often try to show you up in the subjects that she knew how to do, with little success. This just made Royal hate you even more.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		In school, royal struggled heavily with writing. Royal did not have much trouble in the other subjects, but in writing he was absoultely terrible. You, on the other hand, were quite adept. You were reading before everyone else and writing words they had no idea how to pronounce, much less spell and write out. Some of other students were envious and did not like you, but Royal took it to a whole different level. Royal absolutely hated you, and would often try to show you up in the subjects that he knew how to do, with little success. This just made Royal hate you even more.

*goto middleschool
#Their crush liked you
	*if (Royal>3)
		Royal had an enormous crush on a certain friend of yours way back in the day. She was absolutely obvious about it, often slipping them notes and staring at them with a smile. Unfortunately, although Royals crush wasn't mean to her, they did not feel the same way. Instead, it turned out they liked you. One day they confessed to you next to an orange tree, and when Royal found out she went mad. Whether you became a couple or not, Royal was convinced she couldn't be with the person she liked because of you. For the rest of elementary school she said bad things about you behind your back, and when her crush found out they told Royal off. That made her hate you even more.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		Royal had an enormous crush on a certain friend of yours way back in the day. He was absolutely obvious about it, often slipping them notes and staring at them with a smile. Unfortunately, although Royals crush was not necessarily mean to him, they did not feel the same way. Instead, it turned out they liked you. One day they confessed to you next to an orange tree, and when Royal found out he went mad. Whether you became a couple or not, Royal was convinced he couldn't be with the person he liked because of you. For the rest of elementary school he said bad things about you behind your back, and when his crush found out they told Royal off. That made him hate you even more.

*goto middleschool
#You don't know why, but they didn't like you
	*if (Royal>3)
		Royal just seemed to dislike you for no reason. Often, she give you the evil eye, insulted you behind your back, and just in general made it clear she wished you did not exist. Maybe it was just a situation where someone just doesn't like someone for no reason, maybe you you did something to them you never found out about, or maybe she just wanted to find someone to hate. Either way, it was clear Royal and you would never get along.

*goto middleschool
	*else
		Royal just seemed to dislike you for no reason. Often, he give you the evil eye, insulted you behind your back, and just in general made it clear he wished you did not exist. Maybe it was just a situation where someone just doesn't like someone for no reason, maybe you you did something to them you never found out about, or maybe he just wanted to find someone to hate. Either way, it was clear Royal and you would never get along.

*goto middleschool

*label middleschool
The problems between you eventually came to a head in middle school. You were in different classes, but you still heard that they were saying things about you regularly. You ignored it at first, but eventually you ended up in a fight. What was it that brought it to this point?
*choice
#Royal threw milk in my face
*if (Royal>3)
You were in the lunch room, just walking to a table when Royal flipped out and threw her whole wheat milk at you as you passed them by. Who drinks whole wheat anyway? But you weren’t going to let Royal push you around, you dropped your tray and headbutted her. Soon, the two of you had the entire room cheering as you fought there. It was pretty even honestly. In the end you both got sent to the principals office but Royal stopped bothering you.
*line_break
For a time.

*goto highschoolbrawl
	*else
		You were in the lunch room, just walking to a table when Royal flipped out and threw his whole wheat milk at you as you passed them by. Who drinks whole wheat anyway? But you weren't going to let Royal push you around, you dropped your tray and headbutted him. Soon, the two of you had the entire room cheering as you fought there. It was pretty even honestly. In the end you both got sent to the principals office but Royal stopped bothering you.
		*line_break
		For a time.

*goto highschoolbrawl
#Royal insulted my best friend
	*if (Royal>3)
		You didn't let what Royal said about you bother you, but when they targeted your best friend you drew the line. You got up in her face and told her to fuck off, but Royal just shoved you.
		*line_break
		Bad idea.
		*line_break
		You struck Royal and the two of you went at it, but in the end the teachers pulled the two of you apart before a clear winner emerged. You both got in trouble, but it was just a suspension. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to stay home from school? And Royal stopped bothering you, making you sure everything was finally over.
		*line_break
		You were wrong.

*goto highschoolbrawl
	*else
		You didn't let what Royal said about you bother you, but when they targeted your best friend you drew the line. You got up in his face and told him to fuck off, but Royal just shoved you.
		*line_break
		Bad idea.
		*line_break
		You struck Royal and the two of you went at it, but in the end the teachers pulled the two of you apart before a clear winner emerged. You both got in trouble, but it was just a suspension. Who on earth would not want to stay home from school? And Royal stopped bothering you, making you sure everything was finally over.
		*line_break
		You were wrong.

*goto highschoolbrawl
#Royal put a dead rat in my locker
	*if (Royal>3)
		You had just opened your locker to get some math text books when you were met with the sight of a disgusting dead rat in your locker! It was mostly gray, but had red blood over it as well. Surely all your stuff now had blood on it that would take forever to wash off!
		*line_break
		Royal made no attempt to hide that she was behind it. You saw, and especially heard, Royal laughing at you from down the hallway. You wasted no time and ran down there then tackled Royal. Next thing you know, you were swinging at each other wildly.
		*line_break
		The teachers pulled you apart before either of you had gained the advantage. Soon you two were in the principals office, but even though you got in trouble the fact that Royal stopped bothering made you think your troubles were over.
		*line_break
		If only they were...

*goto highschoolbrawl
	*else
		You had just opened your locker to get some math text books when you were met with the sight of a disgusting dead rat in your locker! It was mostly gray, but had red blood over it as well. Surely all your stuff now had blood on it that would take forever to wash off!
		*line_break
		Royal made no attempt to hide the fact that he was behind it. You saw, and especially heard, Royal laughing at you from down the hallway. You wasted no time and ran down there then tackled Royal. Next thing you know, you were swinging at each other wildly.
		*line_break
		The teachers pulled you apart before either of you had gained the advantage. Soon you two were in the principals office, but even though you got in trouble the fact that Royal stopped bothering made you think your troubles were finally over.
		*line_break
		If only they were...

*goto highschoolbrawl
#I had enough of Royal
	*if (Royal>3)
		You were sick of Royal talking about you, so one day when school was over you waited for her by the entrance then got in their face. You demanded that she stop messing with you, and since there were plenty of people around you knew Royal couldn't run away.
		*line_break
		She did not. Instead, she just smacked you. You two ended up fighting to the cheers of half the school, but before a clear winner emerged you two were broken up. It sucked. You didn't quite care about getting suspended, but you were surprised that Royal didn't make any move against you afterwards. You were on your guard but you never heard of Royal talking about you again. You were sure this meant all of this bullshit was finished.
		*line_break
		It wasn't.

*goto highschoolbrawl
	*else
		You were sick of Royal talking about you, so one day when school was over you waited for him by the entrance then got in his ugly face. You demanded that he stop messing with you, and since there were plenty of people around you knew Royal couldn't run away.
		*line_break
		He sure didn't. Instead, he just smacked you. You two ended up fighting to the cheers of half the school, but before a clear winner emerged you two were broken up. It sucked. You didn't quite care about getting suspended, but you were surprised that Royal didn't make any move against you afterwards. You were on your guard but you never heard of Royal talking about you again. You were sure this meant all of this bullshit was finished.
		*line_break
		It wasn't.

*goto highschoolbrawl

*label highschoolbrawl
Two years later you were in high school. You were finding it hard to pay attention to your history class, mostly because you did not, nor did you know anyone who actually did, care about how long Lincolns beard was. You had just been going through a regular day in school when you ended up getting called to the office. They didn’t even pronounce your name right when they called for you!
*line_break
When you got into the principals office you found the school deputy was with him. Damn, this was definitely serious, but you were clueless as to what was going on. You hadn’t done anything bad, at least not too recently. You stayed calm though, and let them speak to you.
*line_break
*line_break
“Hello ${surname}, do you know what this is about?”
*line_break
*line_break
You shook your head. Both because you did not know and because you did know if you claimed you had any idea as to why you were here you would be admitting you had done something that could you land you here, if that makes sense.
*line_break
You listened to them tell you about how they had heard you were doing something illegal, and they began to interrogate you. You stayed calm as you answered their questions, making sure not to hint any guilt. Eventually, they relented. Apparently they had only gotten a tip from another student that you had been engaged in criminal activities, and had no real evidence. You asked them who had told them this, and they stated the person wished to remain anonymous. It was only when you left the room and spotted Royal outside did you realize it was them.
*line_break
*line_break
The next week you were forced into a locker search, and the week after your backpack ended up getting searched as well. You noticed Royal watching with a smile every time, and you started to wonder if you should get back at them.
*line_break
You began to ask around the school about Royal, looking for any incriminating evidence. It took a while, but eventually a member of the school soccer team told you he heard that Royal was into crystal meth. This warranted further investigation, and after asking around the addicts at the school you found out Royal liked to both use and sell crystal meth at school. This could be useful…
*line_break
What did you do with this information?
*choice
#I went and told the school
*if (Royal>3)
Royal was quickly questioned. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted she knew why she was in the office and tried to act like she knew everything the principal suspected, but tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else she blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating themself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth in their pack.
*line_break
But not smart enough not to have crystal meth residue in there. Royal got in big trouble, and ended up blaming you. After she had targeted you, she was able to guess you did this to them in retaliation.
*line_break
Or maybe they just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw her again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren’t sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself if she ever actually tried to enact revenge…
*line_break
You would be ready.

*page_break Back to the present
		*goto rivalfirst
	*else
		Royal was quickly questioned. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted that he knew why he was in the office and tried to act like he knew everything the principal suspected, but he tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else he blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating themself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth inside of his pack.
		*line_break
		But not smart enough not to have crystal meth residue in there. Royal got in big trouble, and ended up blaming you. After he had targeted you, he was able to guess you did this to them in retaliation.
		*line_break
		Or maybe he just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw him again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren't sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself if he ever actually tried to enact revenge...
		*line_break
		You would be ready.

*goto rivalfirst
#I wasn't a snitch, so I did nothing
	*if (Royal>3)
		I agree with that choice, but someone else ended up telling on them anyway. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted she knew why she was in the office and tried to act like she knew everything the principal suspected, but tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else she blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating herself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth in her pack.
		*line_break
		But not smart enough not to have crystal meth residue in there. Royal got in big trouble, and of course she blamed you. After they had targeted you, she was convinced you did this to them in retaliation.
		*line_break
		Or maybe they just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw them again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren't sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself if she ever actually tried to enact revenge...
		*line_break
		You would be ready.

*goto rivalfirst
	*else
		I totally agree with that choice! But someone apparently snitched on them anyway. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted that he knew why he was in the office and tried to act like he knew everything the principal suspected, but he tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else he blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating themself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth inside of his pack.
		*line_break
		But not smart enough not to have crystal meth residue in there. Royal got in big trouble, and ended up blaming you. After he had targeted you, he was able to guess you did this to them in retaliation.
		*line_break
		Or maybe he just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw him again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren't sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself that if he ever actually tried to enact revenge...
		*line_break
		You would be ready.

*goto rivalfirst
#I decided getting even was just childish
	*if (Royal>3)
		Very mature of you, but somehow Royal ended up getting questioned anyway. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted she knew why she was in the office and tried to act like she knew everything the principal suspected, but tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else she blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating herself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth in their pack.
		*line_break
		But not smart enough not to have crystal meth residue in there. Royal got in big trouble, and she blamed you. After she had targeted you, she was able to guess you did this to them in retaliation.
		*line_break
		Or maybe she just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw them again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren't sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself if they ever actually tried to enact revenge...
		*line_break
		You would be ready.

*goto rivalfirst
	*else
		That was the mature choice, but someway Royal ended up in the principals office anyway. Unlike you, Royal actually admitted that he knew why he was in the office and tried to act like he knew everything the principal suspected, but he tried claiming it was all someone else. That someone else he blamed was you. But after the interrogation and the searches turning up nothing, they had no reason to suspect you. Instead, Royal only ended up incriminating themself even more. And so they were treated to a search. Royal turned out to be smart enough not to have crystal meth inside of his pack.
		*line_break
		*line_break
		Or maybe he just wanted a reason to hate you more. Either way, Royal approached you at the school entrance and vowed revenge, then you never saw him again. You heard they got expelled and arrested, but you aren't sure. No matter what happened though, you promised yourself if he ever actually tried to enact revenge...
		*line_break
		You would be ready.

*goto rivalfirst
2 Likes

@pauleno2000 As I told the last two people who asked this when someone tells me how to add the save option I will. Believe me, having to go through it over and over again to check every single fix is quite tedious

2 Likes

I didn’t ask you to.

1 Like

It looks really good so far and I’m excited to see more.

The only error i found (I think it’s an error lol) it’s in the fight with Royal were my higher stats are speed and charisma but I only have the option to ‘‘rely on my great strenght’’ when that stat is at 0%.

Have a good day!

Well, that’s flattering, but I don’t actually know how to code. I just know how to look at it, and have done so for long enough to sometime notice things that are weird.

That being said. I can notice that the very first Royal check is inverted compared to all the others (#your parents hated each other → *if (Royal<3)). And “strangely” enough, when I tried it in game, the choice displayed the correct gender - in my case, a female Royal. Afterward, we’re back into the *if (Royal>3) territory, and the gender becomes wrong again.

So my advice is still: either switch all checks to Royal<3, or switch *set Royal +5 to the #Gal option. (and switch the very first check to Royal>3. If it doesn’t work then, I’ll take another look.

Alternatively, leave the checks as they are, and just switch which pronouns you use in each paragraph.

1 Like

KOTOR 2 was NOT finished. It was rushed out for (more or less) a money grab on the title. It needed another 6 months. Later on, the rest (and finished version) was released as a mod.