Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

Honestly ghetto is fine, I already heard it in a French sentence and it was to say how street was what a guy have done. And DJ:FNY was going all out on the gangsta thing to an almost ludicrous way but that why it was fun because rap at that time has that feeling too with the golden chains, baggy and hoody too big for you, that was good times

1 Like

I’m still hoping that he can work out with Snoop’s lawyers to make him the final boss.

Did you censor cracker and fuck but not fucking?

I’ve never heard anyone complain about it until the internet (more specifically this site). Then again I also live in a time and place where my generation doesn’t bat much of an eye at a white person saying nigga. Faux offense at most unless they’re the older crowd. Though even if just based on skin color I get my privileges, I don’t use it much because I’m not good with slang (my tone doesn’t change much so slang that can be misunderstood isn’t really my thing, though I do use that to my advantage for jokes) It is fun when a white old person tries to tell someone not to say it. It’s like pulling the race card when your white (which is a story I have heard recently)

1 Like

@Kaeyser It’s FFNY or DJ:FFNY and those were the days, I’ve been trying to make the rapper background seem more like those times as well. I can’t wait to see what the new def jam game is like! Hopefully we finally get some Eminem as well.

@Dark_Stalker Yup, because fucking wasn’t an insult, although it led to one. And if you want Snoop that bad then go tweet him and ask him for me, if everyone on here mass tweets we may get a reply.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be honest though…I really hope the new game is not another Icon. That game is something I try to forget about. I even bought it day one. They tried to do something a little unique with the music mechanic and it just…just…no. Other than that one mechanic that failed it was just another generic fighter but even worse since the combat wasn’t anything new or solid.

I was wondering if you can add the save option other stories been using I’m just so used to using it sorry lol

@Elseguard After Icon caused the entire series to fail I doubt it’ll be like that bro. And the best part is they used the FFNY on logo on their twitter when they asked where we would like to see a sequel, so they know they need to get back to that. Ya know, I found it interesting that Vendetta was okay then they changed it up and gave a better game with FFNY, then they changed it up and ruined it. Studio changes suck. Still, Def Jam returns! This was the best time for me to make a fan game! Fate!

@Truepoperking33 Nice Cleveland show reference, and I told the last three people who asked the same thing that as soon as someone can explain to me how to put it in it will be in the game. Been asking since the first day I put it out here since it was asked then, but no one has told me yet. Fail!

2 Likes

I just got this error…is it cause that’s the end of the demo so far or…?

1 Like

@Storm456 Already reported, please try to check what’s been reported before you do that. And I just rearranged the choice, go again and then tell me what happens

I’m black and almost every teen on Tortola uses nigga. What’s offensive to me is when you choose to say nigger unless its a joke like that one meme. I guess it just feels weird coming from a white persons mouth you know! Though I can’t say I would knock a white guy tf out cuz they said it. That seems like an over reaction.

I don’t take offense to most of the popular ones, well uncle Tom and Coon being exceptions. I tend to focus more on how they said it as opposed to that they said.

2 Likes

I’m hoping the people at COG let me use the word nigga in this

Is chapter two the end of the demo because it does an endless load for me.

I’m kinda stuck here no matter what option I pick it just keeps repeating the same scene

1 Like

For me it keeps bugging after the first match when I whant to go sell drugs in the street i thinks it’s a known bug for the third try I should try another choice

1 Like

I get an error message at the end of chapter 1. “Error: Vendetta line 1637: label ‘luchawin’ already defined on line 1634”

4 Likes

Creating a save game option within the code I found that it might help idk if that link works I just Googled it lol and aye you are the first person to get that reference over idk how many years I been using that name lol

@Tevin Well that makes me feel a bit better about a new game. Minus Icon, the series is the perfect example of how to do a sequel. Better in every way without taking away anything and only adding to it. Also I’m not sure if it’s true but I heard the reason why they changed Icon so much was because the new director they had said rappers didn’t really fit a wrestling game…so he made it a generic 1v1 fighter with no style or anything. I’m still upset all these years later about that series!

Anywho, you already have my money for this game bud whenever it’s ready! It really is fate so I’m just going to go ahead and say they saw your game and decided to revive the series. lol

@Talyrion Thank you for properly explaining that one it has been fixed.

@Kaeyser That was a typo error my bad

@AttackOnToaster That is because you tried telling him you were owed one hundred thousand, shame! You have to restart because of that!

@Truepoperking33 Very good, that worked. It seems I have been putting it in the wrong place. The game now has saves thanks to you.

@Elseguard Oddly FFNY was not really a wrestling game, Vendetta was a real wrestling game with nothing but wrestling rings, moves, and such since the devs previous game was a wwe game. But FFNY was a lot more of fighting game, so it is confusing to see him label it that. And I’d say that is definitely how it happened!

3 Likes

Something I’m noticing, stat-wise: it’s almost impossible to beat Spike if you went for a no-speed build, since three of the four options require you passing a speed check (and the last one having a tricky endurance+stamina check), meaning quite a few builds are in for a hopeless fight. Not sure if this voluntary or not - I mean, it kinda make sense, but might be frustrating nonetheless.

Since Spike can easily be beaten by cheating (Seriously, there is no way you will not have enough money to bribe him if you can’t pass the strength check) his boss fight is catered that way. Still, even then his stat checks aren’t that high. Just about any speed build can beat him. And twenty twenty for the defensive stats isn’t high either. You can easily get fifteen in any stat the second day alone just by making easy choices if you’re struggling, do you want me to make a guide for the fights?

Also yes, that is on purpose and I’ve had two people tell me the boss fight is easy.

1 Like