Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

I’m hoping the people at COG let me use the word nigga in this

Is chapter two the end of the demo because it does an endless load for me.

I’m kinda stuck here no matter what option I pick it just keeps repeating the same scene

1 Like

For me it keeps bugging after the first match when I whant to go sell drugs in the street i thinks it’s a known bug for the third try I should try another choice

1 Like

I get an error message at the end of chapter 1. “Error: Vendetta line 1637: label ‘luchawin’ already defined on line 1634”

4 Likes

Creating a save game option within the code I found that it might help idk if that link works I just Googled it lol and aye you are the first person to get that reference over idk how many years I been using that name lol

@Tevin Well that makes me feel a bit better about a new game. Minus Icon, the series is the perfect example of how to do a sequel. Better in every way without taking away anything and only adding to it. Also I’m not sure if it’s true but I heard the reason why they changed Icon so much was because the new director they had said rappers didn’t really fit a wrestling game…so he made it a generic 1v1 fighter with no style or anything. I’m still upset all these years later about that series!

Anywho, you already have my money for this game bud whenever it’s ready! It really is fate so I’m just going to go ahead and say they saw your game and decided to revive the series. lol

@Talyrion Thank you for properly explaining that one it has been fixed.

@Kaeyser That was a typo error my bad

@AttackOnToaster That is because you tried telling him you were owed one hundred thousand, shame! You have to restart because of that!

@Truepoperking33 Very good, that worked. It seems I have been putting it in the wrong place. The game now has saves thanks to you.

@Elseguard Oddly FFNY was not really a wrestling game, Vendetta was a real wrestling game with nothing but wrestling rings, moves, and such since the devs previous game was a wwe game. But FFNY was a lot more of fighting game, so it is confusing to see him label it that. And I’d say that is definitely how it happened!

3 Likes

Something I’m noticing, stat-wise: it’s almost impossible to beat Spike if you went for a no-speed build, since three of the four options require you passing a speed check (and the last one having a tricky endurance+stamina check), meaning quite a few builds are in for a hopeless fight. Not sure if this voluntary or not - I mean, it kinda make sense, but might be frustrating nonetheless.

Since Spike can easily be beaten by cheating (Seriously, there is no way you will not have enough money to bribe him if you can’t pass the strength check) his boss fight is catered that way. Still, even then his stat checks aren’t that high. Just about any speed build can beat him. And twenty twenty for the defensive stats isn’t high either. You can easily get fifteen in any stat the second day alone just by making easy choices if you’re struggling, do you want me to make a guide for the fights?

Also yes, that is on purpose and I’ve had two people tell me the boss fight is easy.

1 Like

True, I didn’t consider cheating. Damn me and my straight-laced ways!

On the issue of balance, another thing that I find a bit annoying: during your first training session (following the first fight night), if you chose to train speed or stamina, you actually have to pass a speed or stamina check to get full (or even any) effects. It’s all well and good if you’re simply trying to raise your high stat even higher, but it means trying to raise a low stat is harder in those two cases (you can technically do it with yoga classes with Jane for stamina, and boxing classes with Poe for speed, but that’s not really intuitive).

Finally, another bug, yay! When someone tries to mug you, I got an error message "The_Start line 7605: Non-existent variable ‘angry’ " when picking the “Think up something” option. I also got a similar error message with “Move in fast and grab the gun” option, and it’s possible the other aggressive options would trigger the same one. I suspect that the bug is due to me NOT picking the angry option beforehand, meaning the ‘angry 1’ variable didn’t pop up. Offering him to eat together works just fine though.

It seems your game really, really want me to shoot that guy. :expressionless:

1 Like

If either of those stats are your biggest or second biggest stat and you actually do not have them at at least twenty at that point, you are going to lose. A lot. The point of that is to make the player know if they choose to focus on either of those and not have them at twenty, then there is no point in it. Everyone is likely to just reset and either raise them or go for a different stat then, I put it that way specifically because I know most people are just going to reset so they can realize what to do.

And that bug is fixed, odd we are quite past that and no one has told me about it yet… I guess most people like murder. Perhaps I should add more villainous options in the game.

True, but in order to consistently win, you need more than two stats in the twenties - and this training session is a good opportunity to raise a third or fourth stat to that level in order to pass some tricky secondary checks.

wait… you mean you actually failed that check while you were playing?:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

You mean the 20 speed/stamina during training? Well, no, but only because I’m a cheating cheater who cheats. In some playthroughs, I did consider picking up those training options, looked at what it involved, compared it to my current stats and went “huh, I actually can’t succeed. Annoying, that 10% speed/stamina would have been useful for the next rounds of fighting”.

Lol! Okay, if anyone else sees this problem I’ll change it as none of my social media testers claimed they failed those checks

No problem that’s kinda the only reason I been putting off playing it because a few weeks ago it wasn’t that much so it would be easy to go through but I like “cheating” and getting the best outcome I can get :sweat_smile:

1 Like

SIt won’t let me play the game…

I know.

1 Like

The problem is when ghetto is used it eludes to how a black person acts and black people are not monolithic and I gave options

1 Like