Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

New poll up top^

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what’s the current list of ROs?

Wait so with the poll if I don’t have a certain amount of intelligence, my character becomes disabled?

I don’t think “disabled” is the right word for it. It’s just going to show in the way your character speaks (and acts?). But I thought in this game “intelligence” means not just raw cognitive ability, but erudition as well (mostly erudition, I’d say).
IRL low intelligence (be that either cognitive ability or erudition) has a way of showing itself, although in my experience the way it does varies rather wildly.
What bothers me is which one the writer is going to go with and how it is going to be shown. Lack of erudition as such does not make a person a clinical idiot. And a clinical case can still be well-educated.
So… difficult. I like the idea, still, but I don’t know what may come of it.

1 Like

Ok I understand, but I honestly don’t see the need for this in my opinion. Am I going to have to invest in a high intelligence stat to not sound like an idiot.

@Ekaterina Perhaps you have no experience with low intelligence in fallout? You may want to google fallout all low intelligence interactions then get back to me.

@No_This_Is_Patrick Really? I thought, given your name, you would be completely on board with it. It will act in the same vein as the other low stat checks (Yes I am integrating the rest in, but I feel people may have trouble with low intelligence since people can get riled up over anything). An mc with zero intelligence will find themselves commonly having trouble with near basic things, commonly big words and other stuff. An mc with 1-10 will at times appear rather unresponsive or ignorant of certain situations that require high thinking. An mc with 11-40 will be a regular person. An mc with 41-100 will act as if they are a genius, able to figure out any complicated word or situation and even surprise others with their mind. Get it now?

Have an example:
Your eyes wander down and you look at his weight.

Then you look at yours.

Then you look at his.

Then you look at yours.

Then you look at his.

Then you look at yours.

Then you look at his.

“Hey, you’re using a lighter weight than I am!” You shout loudly, so all the people watching can hear.

Your eyes wander down and you look at his weight.

Then you look at yours.

“It seems like someone is using a lighter weight!” You shout loudly, so all the people watching can hear.

1 Like

No my name doesn’t have anything to do with it, I just needed a name :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I just don’t see the point of it besides forcing me to increase the intelligence stat or else become an idiot. Your game though, do whatever works.

I doubt you’ll be the last one to ask this so here:

For a female:
Jane (Lover)
Poe (Lover)
Riko (Relationship)
Sascha (Relationship/Locked unless you defeat her)
Lucha (Lover/Locked unless you defeat Sascha)
??? (Relationship)
??? (Relationship/Locked unless you defeat them)
??? (Relationship/ Only available as lover if you defeat them)
??? (???)

For a male:
Jane (Lover)
Poe (Lover)
Spike (Relationship)
Lucha (Relationship)
??? (Relationship/ Locked unless you defeat fourth boss/No lovers)
??? (Relationship/ Locked unless you defeat them)
??? (Relationship/ Only available as lover if you defeat them)
??? (???)

For androgynous:
Jane (Lover)
Poe (Lover)
Lucha (Relationship)
??? (Relationship/Lover)
??? (Relationship/ Locked unless you defeat them)
??? (Relationship/Only available as lover if you defeat them)
??? (???)

4 Likes

Is Riko in the game rn?

Yes.

1 Like

Hmmmmm, so Royal won’t be a serious relationship option and the best we’ll get is being able to constantly tease her? :thinking:

Who is Rico?

2 Likes

Yeah I still haven’t found Riko :confused:

And who’s that supposed to be?

Anyway, bug report. Romancing Sascha seems to eventually lead to “Vendetta line 3431: Expected option starting with #”. That triggers after she asks for a long term relationship, and seems to occur no matter the answer (rejecting her right off the bat seems fine, though).

@Tpryor @ryan_khong Have you found Lucha?

@L0G1C Hmmmmm, so I already said I’m not spoiling anything and if you really want to know then message me? And I’m pretty sure you were involved in that conversation? :thinking:

@Talyrion Who’s who supposed to be?

1 Like

Riko, but I didn’t pay attention to the list of ROs you posted, so I was just confused at the post below asking for him.

Ah okay, I assumed you’d say whether or not she’ll be on it, but I understand now. Can’t wait to find out :wink:

1 Like

Anyone know how to beat Sascha? Had 53 stamina still got my assed kicked.

I has 54 speed and passed the first part of fight with sasha but I can’t pass the second one [already tried around 7 or 8 times].
What are stats requirements to win the fight?

Really tough luck, you need 55+ stamina to beat her in that area. (I haven’t even tried to see if it was possible. Though even if it is, it leaves you so mono-focused that it’s probably not worth it)

Basically from what I saw:

• if you have 55+ stamina, you win outright
  • if you have 40+ speed or 30+ intelligence, you move on to the second phase

In the second phase, you need either

• 35+ speed and 25+ intelligence
  • 30+ strength
  • 30+ endurance
  • 30+ charisma

At which point, you go on to the last part of the fight, who’s all but a formality (you just have to pick an option where you have 30 or more)

Ironically, I found Sascha easier to beat with my usual build than the fight before that against Lucha, where the last check always trip me up (on account of always requiring one - or two! - of my dump stats. Luckily, you don’t lose much by failing the fights leading to the boss battle. Ultimately, the fight against Sascha only asks for checks on a single characteristic (with only one exception), making it easier than the ones where you need a mix of two - drastically increasing the chances of you missing one requirement.

2 Likes