Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

I’ve gotten the farthest I’ve ever gotten!! :smiley:

But I’m getting errors at Valhalla.

Summary

47%20PM
“Figure out…” takes me to a screen that indicates that I won and the crowd cheers, but I don’t know what happened.

Summary

00%20PM
I’m a speed guy, so I think Evade is my only logical option, but it throws an error.

Stats

Summary

14%20PM

Racing gear error:

Summary

38%20PM

Actually, can’t get past this point.

I don’t want to just post errors, but I’ve enjoyed the game periodically, there’s just always an error wall eventually. Overall, I like it enough to check in every now and then and see where I can progress.

I’m so tired of choices not working when there is nothing wrong with my code…
#Go for it, hardcore!
*if (Endurance>39)
*if (Intelligence>24)
You hurry up onto the turnbuckle, then when you reach the top you smile at Lucha. She gives you one back, she appreciates another hardcore wrestler just like you do. But while you can rise to the challenge, whether you can beat it is another matter.
*line_break
*line_break
You gauge the distance for a second, then you jump. You soar through the air, a huge grin plastered on your face all the way up into you feel your head make contact with Lucha’s stomach, and hear the sound of the table crumbling. You don’t even feel the pain, the adrenaline is too much! But most importantly, you win!

*goto Luchawin
		*else
			You hurry up onto the turnbuckle, then when you reach the top you smile at Lucha. She gives you one back, she appreciates another hardcore wrestler just like you do. But while you can rise to the challenge, whether you can beat it is another matter.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			You gauge the distance for a second, then you jump. You soar through the air, a huge grin plastered on your face all the way up into you feel your head make contact... with another head!
			*line_break
			You fall onto a tangle of other limbs, then stand and find you have landed in the crowd! Did you gauge it wrong? Were you not intelligent enough? Or perhaps you chickened out and went further because you knew you didn't have the endurance...
			*line_break
			You hop back into the ring as you hear the announcer shout again.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			"Never seen that happen in my life, but Lucha wins via ring out! Still, that was amazing!" Fuck...

*goto Luchalose

#Think and evade.
	*if (intelligence>24)
		*if (speed>34)
			You have already used this once, but coupling it with another one of your strengths will end this. No, not that strength, my bad homie.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			You use your mind to predict what the amazon will do, and your legs to avoid it. Although you used one of these strategies before, using them together keeps Sascha from Sascha from figuring out how to get you. You see her strikes and grapples coming and you adjust accordingly. You figure out every move before she uses it, using your fast mind and body to evade it.
			*line_break
			Her slowed speed just grows slower and slower, until you have finally gotten past her stamina. When you have her, finally, at her limit, you realize if you mess up here she'll likely be able to take you out, as you've gotten pretty tired at this point as well. All-or-nothing!

*goto amazonender
		*else
			You have already used this once, but coupling it with another one of your strengths will end this. No, not that strength, my bad homie.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			You use your mind to predict what the amazon will do, and your legs to avoid it. Although you used one of these strategies before, using them together keeps Sascha from Sascha from figuring out how to get you. But eventually, you see you have made the wrong choice. It seems Sascha is not as ignorant as you thought as she fakes you out with a kick but quickly moves in and shoves you to the floor instead. You misjudged her.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			Sascha picks you up by your foot and pulls you over her head then slams you onto the floor making you hit your head very hard. You spit blood but she doesn't stop, she does it again, and again, and again. The fourth time is when you go completely limp, and so she lets you go.
			*line_break
			*line_break
			You are flat on the ground next to the ring when she gets on top of you and the announcer starts counting. You try to slip away, but she is too much. Not only is she heavy but she counters your movement and keeps you firmly under her. You have no chance. You close your eyes and let it go, not wanting to hear the crowd shout her name...

*goto Saschalose

The last one is where the game ends, but as for the other two I suppose I’ll just have to remove the choices.

1 Like

Thanks! Worked like a charm…though I lost every other match…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s kind of the problem with that kind of requirement. Even if you can reach it, it means throwing away basically everything else.

(in the same way, Sascha reacts positively to a character with… I don’t know, 50+ strength? … right before the match, but getting to that level probably means you don’t have the right stats to actually win, thus making any prospect of romance dead in the water. Guess the MC was just some eye-candy with no substance!)

2 Likes

Damn thats a shame wanted to romance her, but with a strength based character it’s kind of impossible.

With only strength, at least.

My favoured build is speed/strength, with a bit of charisma on the side. Usually works well (on account of speed being a really, really good stat to raise)

Is strength and endurance a possible mix to use during the fight.

scrubbed due to accidental double-posting

Not for this one, since neither strength nor endurance helps at all during the first phase.

Each are useful for the second phase, but by this point, it’s already too late.

Well that sucks.

Wait is riko the blond guy?

By the way, not sure if it is on purpose or not, but the first item stat increase choice (between endurance and speed) doesn’t actually raise either of them. I mean, it could be on purpose because seriously what even is this, but since the following ones do work properly - somehow - I wondered.

@No_This_Is_Patrick I really think trying to use your endurance to beat a stamina and strength person is not a very good idea so I didn’t add it. But since you want it that badly I put an endurance check in.

@ryan_khong You could figure that, considering he is the only unnamed guy you give your number too and he will reject a male, he is Riko. Context clues. :grinning:

@Chain321 Do you want a guide?

@Talyrion Get my coffee.

It was alright I willing to start over, but guess I’ll try it out now.

A guide would be somewhat helpful.

Haha I was looking for a girl Riko this whole time, thank you!

@No_This_Is_Patrick You’ll find it hard.

@ryan_khong I don’t know any girls named Riko…

Okay, here’s a guide.

Poe: D’oh

Jane: Don’t get careless

Number one: Use your best stats

Jenkins: Your weapon will determine your win

Royal: No losing here

Spike: If you don’t have speed, cheat

Danny: Know your wrestling style

Fran: Her description hides her weakness

Lucha: Your endurance will save you, if not, a background will

Sascha: The best defense is a good defense stat followed by an offense stat

Vampirette: Charge or wait, then choose death

Streak: Know your costume

4 Likes

New bug report! During the fight against the vampire (wow, does that sounds weird to type), I got a "Vendetta line 4970: Non-existent variable ‘samurai’ "

(speaking of samurai, nice reference to Samurai of Hyuga there)

2 Likes

Try it again, I used quotes on it @Talyrion