[WIP] Untitled Medieval Fantasy RPG

Any planning on randomized event?

Can you elaborate on what kind of randomized event you’re thinking?

I do have several plans for “little events” such as tofu delivery, super-construction laboring, and daily item-fetching. Not sure I’ll randomize it, tho.

However, I do plan to randomize some little bits of several events whenever I can, such as weather, gold gain (not by a large margin, don’t worry), and… other things. Just for the sake of fun :grinning:

Pre-release Pitch Up 3

Woohoo! Character creation.

Oh, the main post is also updated, too. Check it out for a cool medal at the end.

4 Likes

This is by far the most original double check I have ever seen :scream:

1 Like

Speaking of checks, I actually concerned with the possibility that the :heavy_check_mark: won’t shows up on certain devices.

I guess we’ll see how it goes, until I get the WIP up.
Note to self: Post a link

1 Like

Ey, guys. Recently, just recently, something cool crossed my mind and I thought “why not post it?”

If you read the Main Post (2nd from top), there’re 2 Primary Basic Stats: STR and DEX.
Now, the idea is that you can develop your character to your liking – be a brute, be a dex nerd, or be a jack-of-trades – and that idea is still here to stay. However, what’s your opinion if you get a “mandatory specializing” sequence?

It works by, say, having your PC passed a physical test and the game randomly* gives you a boost at either str/dex. It’ll be similar to the other WIPs where you’ll be assigned with a random magical affinity, but in this case, str/dex.

Of course, there’re pros and cons to this, but I’d like to hear your opinion first.

Mandatory Specialization

pros-cons table
Pros Cons
Roleplay Opportunity Customization Restriction
Get the stat you liked Not getting the stat you liked
More diversity in checks Checks may be harder to pass
Hardcore masochistic player may love it Casual reader may hate it
  • Yes! Boost my stats up!
  • Nay. I don’t think that’s a good idea.
  • I’ve a better idea… (explain it below)

0 voters

*might be random, might be not. I might put some cool twist to this, too.

Does the demo ends after the prologue?

Yup. Currently, the prologue is the only thing you can play to a full extent.
I’m also currently writing a small part of the chapter1, too. I’ll try to put a good cliffhanger when the link is up :laughing:

But I wonder, why you’re asking, hmm? :eyeglasses:

The link is up folks.
In case you didn’t notice.
:kissing: :notes:

2 Likes

Hello helo, folks :wave:t4:
I’ve just uploaded a substantial update. This update includes:

1. Rearranged the Main Menu
  2. Increased the compression of the Main Menu image
  3. Added a handful of new paragraphs and reworded some sections of the prologue to smooth out the pacing
  4. Reworked the Result Page
  5. Slight change to the Ending page

However, due to the nature of the update, I’m not going to record this on the update-timeline.

Any questions, let me know.
Yes, I know, there’s nothing of big relevance to the plot in this prologue, but… you know… to keep the threads active :"

7 Likes

In general, randomizing stat increases is bad - it closes off options through something other than player choice.

If you’re going to use randomness, this isn’t the place.

:gear: :hammer_and_wrench: Hiyyah, folks. An update for you, although it’s somewhat smaller than the previous one. Thus, I won’t be recording this update to the timeline (just like the previous update).

I’ve gone through my 2nd (and hopefully, the last) iteration and tested many new mechanics. Although not all of them currently make it to the current update, one of the important things I want to talk about is

Deed mechanism

Deed mechanism records your choices, actions, or decisions that will have a consequence later on, be it a big cons. or a small one.

Say, you decided to agree to help your friend rob a banker house quietly. The system will record this and put it under the Reputation section (on the Result Page) as “You robbed the banker house.”
Later on, you may find that the banker is kicked out due to him doing fraud to the money since you robbed his home. You may have the option to [Tell Him the Truth/Let him Rot in the Jail/Help him but Don’t Tell the Truth] which will lead to different plotlines. Again, this will be recorded by the Deed Mechanism.

These recorded deeds will persist for your entire playthrough under the Reputation Section, and you can review it every time you finish a chapter. Let the guilt of your doings haunt you, or be proud of your actions.

Consider this as mini-achievements.
It’s basically like Dishonored’s notes on the pause menu, IIRC.

Currently, there’s only one recordable deed you can get, which is filling the physical description of your character.

Other than that, this update includes:

1. Assets for future systems and mechanics
  2. Re-pacing and rewording some parts of the dream sequence and the ship sequence

And while I’m at it, what do you think about the character generation?
Is it too tedious, or it’s quite fun?

Oh, and don’t forget to check both the top post and the main post frequently. I summarized the latest development on them :point_up:t4:

5 Likes

Small note:
By the way, I’ve found numerous bugs this time. Currently fixing it.
So… proceed with your own risk :v

I’d recommend saving your progress right after the wake-up scene :yum:

Edit:
:rotating_light: :heavy_check_mark: Bug fixed
I finally uploaded the fix for the bugs. There aren’t really that many bugs, but save your progress just in case.

2 Likes

Another one

Ah, and did I said that I’ve fixed all the bugs? :sweat_smile:

Great catch! Thanks.
I’ve fixed the bugs you mentioned, @Logan3000x. I hope you saved your progress not far, beforehand?

now is giving me this.
0.Prologue line 345: invalid @{} at letter 7; ‘ashot’ is equal to 0 which is not a positive number
another one
A.Setup line 100: Non-existent variable ‘’

That’s weird. Did you get that error from a save?
If so, may I ask at which position did you saved? And did you ignore the Shiv item completely (not touching it)?

no. restarted the game.

yes, I only took the cristal.

1 Like

Hm, I think I just saw the potential cause of the error. Hang on a 'sec.

There 'ya go. I’ve tested it and it should be fixed.
Not sure with other bugs that I haven’t found, though :sweat_smile:

I’ll check back later once I get my lunch done :stuck_out_tongue:

Heyyo, everyone!
I have a… not-so-pleasant news, but I’d like to keep you updated on what’s going on, here.

So, no update for today :slightly_frowning_face:
Last week, my classmates and I had a field study so I don’t have much chance to continue writing. The days are fully packed with activity, but it was a fun one! As a result, I got more ideas and materials that I can work into the story. Hopefully, you can see a bit or two of my field study results in the next several chapters. Expect nautical materials, oceanic banters, and Balinese vibe for at least the next chapter c:

Other than that, I’m thinking about a plan to implement a play-by-chapter feature.
I plan to monetize this feature upon full release, but while still in WIP, this feature will be available for free (since you’re beta-testing it!). So no worries :raised_hands:t4:
I have no details on it as of now, but basically, it works like arcade games where you can select level and play the game from there. I also already have some foundation and codes written for this feature, but it’ll take some time until it’s ready to be implemented.

So… yeah. That’s it.

What?
You want something concrete? You want something to look at?

Urgh… fine. Here you go. Speculate to your heart content.

Summary

5 Likes