Stone Age Story

For the record, Wolves don’t hunt alone. Calling them the “Lone hunter” Isn’t really correct. Maybe you could call them “Pack hunters” and have it emphasize the way your tribe hunts well together as a team? Just a thought, of course.

typo: "adressed’

@ishantrisi no disrespect but the last time I checked you owe me a high school story all I’m saying that I’m severely disappointed of you disowning that story

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

@HornHeadFan

Wait and see, and while saber tooth tigers will get a mention, they will not be companions.

@JBLH

Thanks!

@WulfyK

Yes, Haerel is always the opposite gender… this will be an important plot point later on

@Doctor

Grunts, wheezes and roars… sounds like a dragon with a chesty cough!

@Redditz

I actually have read all of the clan of the cave bear books up until the shelters of stone

@Deathwriter

Please do not criticize me, if I lost inspiration to write, then I can’t continue.

@ishantrisi no disrespect but the last time I checked you owe me a high school story all I’m saying that I’m severely disappointed of you disowning that story

@Deathwriter, ishantrissi nor any other writer owes you jack s***. That sense of entitlement really pisses me off. It is poison to the community.

@Redditz - thank you very much

I feel like the writer should handle his own critics.

@Patch18

I did respond to the criticism, with an explanation.

even though it is a sad thing to happen sometime the loss of inspiration happens & if the inspiration isnt there the work suffers if they try to continue, it doesn’t mean the story stays dead it could take a back burner to something new & if the person finds inspiration at a later date they can take the work back up, no one should be trying to lay guilt trips on them for something they have no muse for.

I feel like the writer should handle his own critics.

@Patch18, did @Deathwriter’s comment come off as beneficial literary criticism to you? Was it about the themes, the characters, or the plot of this WiP? Was it about grammar? No. It was personal vitriol.

There’s a reason why the “big” Choice Of authors don’t post WiP of their games here. This forum is a peanut gallery full of tweenager/teenagers desperate for their daily interactive story “fix”.

Lets not tarnish such a good story with potential with bickering now~

I do hope for more updates on this! :3 Even if there is no magic, this is interesting!

its always futuristic, sciency, or in between but Stone age? Whoa! Must read!

@Havenstone
This is getting out of hand.

Let’s return this to discussion of the game at hand. Welcome back, ishantrissi, and glad you’ve got a game that’s exciting you.

Two final thoughts on the off-topic lurch: Anyone who thinks an author owes them anything should read Neil Gaiman’s excellent piece on George RR Martin: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html

On the other hand, as one of the forums’ more active, and older, members, I don’t think it’s a teenage peanut gallery; and while I may never be “big”, I’m posting my CoG in progress here, where it’s benefited greatly from feedback. :slight_smile:

I love this! Sounds like a great beginning, and Michelle Paver is queen! (I admit I squealed when I read her name):smiley: Really can’t wait to read more!!

Ryuu= Dragon
Neri=Burning light
Bane= White
Lyulf=fire wolf
Valen=Strength
Eden=paradise
Yseult=Beautiful
Kiera=black
Tomoe=wisdom
Fay=fairy

Just updating… the demo is now 12k words - so any feedback on new content will be appreciated.

Note: in order to get the most of the new content you have to have an inventing score of over 60 as I have not coded the other stat specific paths.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/219541917/spiderweb/mygame/index.html

I love it! Can’t wait for more! :smile:

Just ran through it quickly. Looks good. I too cannot wait to see how the story turns out.

love the update, can’t wait for the next one

Enjoyed the story! I gave it five stars, keep it up!