Steam and Shadow [WIP] [24k Words] [2023-06-11 Dev diary added!]

Dev Diary - 2023/05/21

Well, it's been an interesting week for me. Posting the first chapter of my story went far better than expected, and I've already released 4 minor patches to fix a few issues around gender variables and my own terrible grasp of the rules of the English language.

I’m grateful to each and every person that’s read the demo version so far, and especially for those who took time out of their days to provide feedback. You’re all wonderful :slight_smile:

As for future work, I’ve finished planning the second chapter and written a few thousand words of it. This is going to introduce two more of the ROs (leaving only one main RO to be introduced), and let the MC take the lead on their first mission.
Hopefully this will allow me to present a much better picture of how the rest of the game will play out, with some investigation, some chatter, and a few different approaches to your objective.

It will also hopefully include the first of our war flashbacks - these are optional scenes when the MC is talking with other soldiers, allowing them to reminisce about the war, expand the backstory, and work out exactly how our MC feels about the war when they’re given a chance to actually express themselves.

My current optimistic goal is to deliver this second chapter at the end of June, though that will depend entirely on how much capacity I have left over from work.

As a closing note, I’ve added a quick poll to see which of our flashbacks should be included first. Keep in mind these won’t be massive, but they should be some nice scenes so you as the player can get a better idea of what the war was like.

• Flashback A - The city of Rothenburg before the war
  • Flashback B - The fall of the airship Valiant
  • Flashback C - The retreat

0 voters

9 Likes