Stats screen coding help

Can you put this in block quotes so I can see the exact spacing that the game is looking at please?

I’ll go ahead and say, usually this happens if you type out a couple sentences together, then delete some and make a sentence that had a space in front of it go on a new line by itself, like this,

*choice
	#option1
		This is a sentence. So is this. And this is part of one.

But then, let’s pretend you wanted the ‘And…’ sentence on a new line…

*choice
	#option1
		This is a sentence. So is this.
		  And this is part of one.

Notice that the space in front of the last sentence that moved stayed in front of that sentence? That counts as mixing tabs and spaces. On the plus side, you can tell if this is the case by noticing that the two parts are not lined up. The block has an extra-diagonal appearance when the spacing/tabbing is wrong.

Also, the way that I like to check for correct spacing is to use the directional keys on the keypad and click on the beginning of a line that I already know works/has correct spacing.
Then I just hit the down key and see where in that line the cursor hits.

If the spacing is right, the cursor will be to the immediate left of the first character of that line. If this doesn’t happen, you know that there is a spacing issue and you can correct this by adding or deleting spaces/tabs until the line is the same level as the example line that you know is correct.

The corrected version of this example looks like this:

*choice
	#option1
		This is a sentence. So is this.
		And this is part of one.

See how the two parts are in line with each other now? That’s how you know the spacing/tabs are right…

Thanks so much! I actually fixed it yesterday. I just went back and redid all my indents. I’m really pretty new to this and I didn’t know you couldn’t use tabs and spaces on the same page, and as it turns out I was using both.

1 Like

How do I write in block quotes?

Do you see the ribbon along the top of the mini-window that pops up when you reply to someone? There’s a button on it that looks like end quotation marks. That is the block quote button. If you want to make some text into a block quote, just highlight that text and click that button. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that from now on!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.