Speaker [WIP] (updated 2/3/21)

Hey! We have a Discord server for Speaker now. Click here! Author has approved and is currently a member. Come join us?

4 Likes

Really Weird Question that has probably been answered but when it comes to the family curse it it only from the first borns line so if our sister has a kid or is it just the first kid born in the family period so if mc had a kid first would they become a seer or not?

2 Likes

I see that the game got updated? Or at least that’s what it says in the title now. :-). I am enjoying this WIP.

I would say when reading it, the text leads me to believe that it’s the first born in the family, regardless of if their parents were seers beforehand? But I could be wrong.

1 Like

That was such an enjoyable read! And all of the characters and the way that they are introduced makes the whole thing feel very real and vibrant!

2 Likes

Here you go!

1 Like

I’ll give it a look and see how I can go about making it a little clearer! I wanted it to be a bit confusing and chaotic, in that sense of like family reunions where you only sort of remember all the people who keep introducing themselves to you. if that makes sense :sweat_smile:

All five of the Cowleses you meet are siblings, Nellie being the oldest, then Gavin, Liam/Lily, Luke, and then Audrey is the youngest :slight_smile: they’ll be making a less chaotic appearance later on too

9 Likes

looks like Teddy already beat me to the answer :grin: but yeah, it would be the first born in their generation, regardless of if their parent was a Seer or not. so if Speaker had kids before their sister, the first would be a Seer

5 Likes

I love this story! It has everything!! Suspence, an amazing cast of peoples, adventure and tons of unanswred questions!!! Also…totally in love with Lily!! :relaxed:

3 Likes

I really love the demo, I seriously can’t wait!!

I found a small error in the Detective’s path where you choose the
“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” path,

You shrug. “Oh, I [i[could, just not fast enough…”

1 Like

been a bit quiet here for a while, but there’s a new update to the demo! :grin:

32 Likes

Yey, an update! I love the road trip interactions, especially the punch buggy :smiley: :smiley:

Liam’s status is empty, from start to finish. I wanted to report it just in case it wasn’t ment to be empty. Also, can we currently meet Kana, or is it for future updates? I am really really interested in the mysterious ROs lmao :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I just checked my stats screen again, and Azalea’s status seems to have became empty sometime around or before them leaving the hotel. My save file is from the scene that starts with “The next day dawns bright and clear and much too early.” as they get ready to leave the hotel. I don’t know if it is at the hotel scenes or before the status changes like that, but I’m sure it wasn’t empty during the ‘figuring out where the victim is on the map’ scene, .

1 Like

Another interesting read. Good job mate.

1 Like

had fun with the new update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Love this. Can’t wait to read more! I’m 100% simping over Liam :heart_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: good work

5 Likes

Kana should show up in the next update :grin: the scene where you finally meet them I actually just started writing so they’ll be in the update later this month!

I’ve run into that issue with statuses disappearing recently too :confused: I have no idea why or what causes it, but the code for the stats page is kinda wonky so I’ll probably just redo it entirely to hopefully get that fixed

7 Likes

You are killing it with this story, it just gets better and better!

And totally crushing on Lily :hugs:

Though something tells me we should enjoy the ride while it last, cause when the shit gonna hit the fans…it gonna be…uh…macabre? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I love the witchy vibes here and coupled with the very well-crafted character interactions, it all feels so cozy! At least for now, lol :grin:

3 Likes

Just gonna slide my notification bar to watching real quick :joy: jokes aside I just finished the demo for the first time and I absolutely love it. The only thing I’m wondering about is, does the MC carry any weapons or weapon like training? If I got to fulfill my Supernatural-esc fantrope I may or may not play this series till I die lol

5 Likes

well if you look at the stats, we do have 4 of them.

• Make a kissy face to the villain and they fall in love with you enough to abandon their great longtime consumed them forever evil plan. :kissing_heart: (Use Charm Stat and Chances of Success depends on how much LOREAL/After-shave you have on :sweat_smile:)

• You will be able to go smooth, be the ninja in a trench-coat, throw those tarots cards (and hope Lily doesn’t find out) and leave the enemy absolutely speechless but also envious wiggle eyebrows (Use Finess Stat, if you were born with 2 left feet and hands, please pick another stats.)

• Sherlock is known for his intelligence and so did Hercule Poirot. It is in this path that the MC too will follow, using their high intelligence and their know-it-all will be able to use it in situations like for example, find a corner of a carpet not all proper by British aristocratic and lead the villain there for them to trip and fall right into a solid Medieval Armor sword that impales them, and you will be able to king the moments by saying ‘undoubtedly!’. :face_with_monocle: (Require the Knowledge Stat, know using books as weapons is highly inappropriate. If you have those impulses, please choose another stat.)

• Finally, the last way to do things is to wing it. Whatever that means, your best guess is as good as anyone else guesses. (Require Intuition Stat, it’s all random, don’t think too hard on it, go with the flow…if you can.)

kidding aside, even if we don’t carry a weapon, maybe the Detective with us does. And we have numbers and witchery on our side.

12 Likes

My favourite RO, so far is Lily.

We have a Dryadd on our side. Just make sure the combat zones in a forest, and you’re set.

3 Likes