Spacing Out Release Thread

Ah I see, does this mean there will be less combat scenes, or am I mistaken?

It is hard to say at this point. There will be less fighting in the beginning and more at the end, when the team actually makes it to the tournament they are traveling to.

The text has been expanded to 25 000 words. The link is the same :smile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/23b56qud7otccdx/The%20Abandoned%20Planet.htm?dl=0

By the way, I am considering changing the title to Spacing Out.

"You wake up and extend your muscles. They still hurt after the extensive training. Your bed is ergonomic and you really appreciate being able to have an afternoon nap after almost dying from over-training earlier today.

You get up and try to ignore the pain here and there, confident that your coach knows what he is doing and you will be alright after you have a few rehab drinks and mineral pills.

The clock reminds you that it is late afternoon. Or kind of. You are on a space ship, so everything related to time is conditional. It is just that the psychologist insists that you keep as close to the schedule you are used to as possible to avoid unnecessary stress.

Several objects attract your attention. Where do you look?

You wake up and extend your muscles. They still hurt after the extensive training. Your bed is ergonomic and you really appreciate being able to have an afternoon nap after almost dying from over-training earlier today.

You get up and try to ignore the pain here and there, confident that your coach knows what he is doing and you will be alright after you have a few rehab drinks and mineral pills.

The clock reminds you that it is late afternoon. Or kind of. You are on a space ship, so everything related to time is conditional. It is just that the psychologist insists that you keep as close to the schedule you are used to as possible to avoid unnecessary stress.

Several objects attract your attention. Where do you look? "

It still has a double start

1 Like

Ahem, humen ET is wrong, it should say humanoid ET, because it’s a alien.

@SheaMcD, yeah, I’ve been too lazy to check for a newer version of the newer version of the software, especially knowing that if is not something that will affect the final product.

@NukeboomV2, this was my initial reaction too, but human ETs actually are a popular urban legend (or truth, the creative writer in me doesn’t need to know). If you google “tall white aliens”, “Nordic aliens”, or “Pleiadians”, you will find a lot of info about them, including beautiful pictures :slight_smile:

I have the rising suspicion that in order to save the tribe of insectoid people, I’m gonna have to bonk their queen.

2 Likes

I believe that your suspicions are well founded :smile:

Well, you would need to play as a male in order to do that. I still haven’t decided what would happen if you try to romance her while playing a female MC.

I can picture the scene. It’s gonna be beautiful.

MC: Time for us to save an entire species team! WITH MY JUNK.

Valk holds her hands over her mouth and blushes

Innovation: Urgh, human biology.

Meatwall: Dammit, Captain why do you always get the fun parts?

Astra frowns in confusion: I’m unsure how your personal unwanted items will be of use in this situation.

3 Likes

I am happy that you are able to connect with the images of the characters I am trying to create in the minds of the readers. I can’t imagine Valkyrie, Innovation and Meatwall having different reactions.

Astra, however, would be glad that the genetic experiment she undertook by making Queen Shiera a human-insectoid hybrid leads to the desired effect.

I just imagined her getting confused with the MC’s choice of words like she does occasionally

Lol, now I get your point :laughing:

The work is currently frozen and I am working on another, but I do plan to return to it. Plus, I have a very beautiful cover drawn especially for it. And, when finished, the title would be Spacing Out. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206945184140099&set=yo.1593303955.2016.www_timeline.&type=3&theater

1 Like

The spears of Mars or the mirrors of Venus choice for when you choose your gender it can be confusing (on your dog tag) and I ran into what I think is a bug. After observing everything in your room it won’t let me choose The “done with observations” option. So im stuck at that scene

1 Like

Thank you, I really should improve the coding of that situation when I return to that WiP. Best wishes.

I receive two script errors it seems o.o
“intro line 2583: increasing indent not allowed, expected 1 was 2.”

This happened after asking our dear lady about what threats one gotta expect.
It happened in another ocasion when I asked to see Innovation.

Did not see it being mentioned in the last ten posts, so I thought I should mention it.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @Amalia_Schroter. I am currently finishing my other work in progress, Twin Flames, and I will go back to this one after that and look into the issue.

The story is complete, even though it still needs polishing and I have not made up my mind about a couple of mechanics such as the conformist/rebel opposed pair, and how health relates to the red dots / black dots mechanic (it marks key decisions as right or wrong and decides the final battle). But it may be a chance to hear from you, so I am pasting the new link here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rbmr3p2h39hlq2c/Spacing%20Out.html?dl=0

Unfortunately, I am not very good at making long games, so it is still a 50-k-word one.

By the way, if you like my works and want to keep in touch with me, you can like my FB author’s page:

1 Like

Congratulations!! :tada:
will read this one tomorrow (coz it’s already past midnight) :grin:

2 Likes

Long time no see

Also heres something, this is repeated

You wake up and extend your muscles. They still hurt after the extensive training. Your bed is ergonomic and you really appreciate being able to have an afternoon nap after almost dying from over-training earlier today.

Several objects attract your attention. Where do you look?