Space Pirate Alice Black

Hello,

I wrote this Fate RPG driven solo adventure book which I self-published through LuLu.

I’m thinking that I’d like to republish it as a Hosted game. I’d pull the Fate RPG stuff out and Choice of Gameize it. Since I already have the content, I think it’s the perfect game for me to start out with.

I’m wondering, can I do this? While it’s already been published, it’s been done so by me. I, who own the IP, give myself permission to write it as a Hosted Game. I’d even be willing to take it off LuLu to host it with you folks.

Would this work?

If not, no worries, I can make another origonal work, I just thought this would be a good starter.

• Chris
6 Likes

I do believe other authors are doing this - @Elena_H and her Doner project comes to mind.

To make sure you might want to contact Hosted Games or CoG directly. The company officers might not see this right away.

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but somewhere I seem to remember Treasure of the Forbidden City starting life as a book and going across to HG. As Eiwynn said though, best bet is to email COG directly and ask them before you do too much work on it.

2 Likes

Thanks Eiwynn, Jacic, I’ll contact them right away.

Just saw this. As @Eiwynn pointed out, I’ve already started converting my first published work to a CoG. Since it’s no longer in print (publisher went out of business), and I own all the rights, I can’t imagine there would be a problem.

All the same, though, I’m curious to know what COG has say. If you have the time (and inclination), please update the thread and let me know. :slight_smile: And best of luck!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.