SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

I’m assuming the ‘railroaded’ part means only being able to choose the option to leave the room and head left, but I encountered this when I tried.

2 Likes

@Alexodia
Erk, sorry, that would be an issue with compiling a file that uses gosub_scene (I forgot to add it in the list). This is what happens when I bug test the non-compiled version :expressionless: Should be fixed now. And yes, the railroad part is just temporary because the other options are still under development. I left them in but greyed out so people could get a sense of what other options will be available when the scene is completed.

2 Likes

I love the fact that you explained all the classes of demons! Could you maybe explain the Angel classes? :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“Prof_Chaos, post:30, topic:15298”]
When we start creating Gabriel I imagine the angels look like the ones from Diablo, all armor and robes without faces or flesh until deciding on their form.
[/quote] Haha i imagined the same thing!

If you check the glossary of the demo it’s there.

2 Likes

Ah! I love the update! c: really makes me wanna draw Gabriel (if I have time I definitely will!)

1 Like

There’s an error when trying to intimidate Sabriel… And why can’t we intimidate her?!

Then there’s also an error if you try to charm her…

3 Likes

Are some of the choices in the new scenes unavailable on purpose or do I just not have the right stats?

1 Like

They’re unavailable at the moment.

@COGZealot
Fixed the issues (wrong order for the fairmath operators).

As for why you can’t intimidate her, as you can find out when the right path becomes explorable, Sabriel was a potential archangel candidate. She refused the position. I don’t want to give away too much, but suffice it to say that fear for herself is not something she really experiences, and neither your power nor your rank intimidate her.

@Mxm124 @Vanessa_Pang
Just what @avidreader said. (@avidreader may know more about this game at times than I do)

None of the selectable options in this scene will be unavailable due to stats (but certain dialogues will be triggered automatically based on them). I just haven’t finished writing and at least roughly testing the other routes in this scene.

Next scene will introduce choices that are available/unavailable based on statistics.

4 Likes

Oh, thank goodness this thread is still alive! I was worried - when the days kept ticking by and activity was brought to a halt that this thread was going to get closed sooner or later. Glad to see that is not the case as its one of the games I look forward to its completion!

Now I’m not sure what to feel about Michael… I mean, he can be an oppressive douche but you can see that part of the reason why he does it its because he cares about our Gab. Still want to ruffle his feathers though… just to get a reaction out of him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well that was fun.

Seeing an awkward Michael was amusing.

I can’t wait to see what you’ve got next for us.

3 Likes

@Dae-kalina I’ve asked you a few questions on the game’s tumblr :slight_smile:

Yeah did not expect his reaction if you try to be nice to him that was a pretty good scene.
I wonder if Gabriel is the only Archangel with a AROF on their file.

1 Like

I enjoyed eavesdropping on the convo between Micheal and Ishmael. It would be nice exploring the “familial” relationship over the centuries as it developed … like why and how Gabriel turned into the baby… and such.

I enjoyed the update although it is really hard to judge consistency and continuity with so many redirects and incompletes on hand.

Thank you for continuing the story.

I don’t know if you’ve seen it yet but if you go over to the game’s tumblr you can find scenes of their first meeting from different perspectives.

1 Like

Love it. The update I mean. The part where Gabriel telling don’t expect him/her to turn into a dog have repeated when Isfael. Then the part where Isfael telling he is envy Gab received order from god I thin you suppose to be " the rest of us not use. I think just spelling mistake. But love you update, Michael so cute with his love hate relationship with Gabriel make me so want to pinch his cheek compare without Isfael down to earth attitude concern about his siblings. And Gab saund like mischievous but do know a thing surround him even latest human way or talk. Too innocent for an archangel who live in mellonnium. Just a weird question. Didn’t there is also an archangel name raphael?

1 Like

Yeah there are seven Archangels in the story.

1 Like

Rally fun so far. I was wondering if we could romance Lucifer?

No, we cannot. The main post states what ROs we can and cannot pursue.